PDA

View Full Version : how to kill fleas

AatjeManon
August 17th 07, 08:09 PM
Hello,

I started a blog about how to get rid of fleas. Recently my dog had
some on him and now our house is like a minefield.

Can someboddy help me, please?

howtokillfleas.tumblr.com

I will post your answer. As long as i get rid of these pests. My son
of 14 months even has bites.

AatjeManon

JohnR66
August 18th 07, 01:13 PM
"AatjeManon" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello,
>
> I started a blog about how to get rid of fleas. Recently my dog had
> some on him and now our house is like a minefield.
>
> Can someboddy help me, please?
>
> howtokillfleas.tumblr.com
>
> I will post your answer. As long as i get rid of these pests. My son
> of 14 months even has bites.
>
> AatjeManon

Step 1: Go to the vet and get some Advantage. Apply to animal per
instructions.
Step 2: A day or two after applying advantage, spend an entire day vacuuming
the house. Vacuum everywhere including under furnature and under seat
cushions. Use crevice tools to get along baseboards. Wash bedding and clean
any surfaces where a pet rests. Discard vacuum bags outside after
completing. Step 2 Gets rid of any flea Eggs and larva, that can hatch later
ind reinfest. Any remaining fleas that jump on the pet will die before any
new eggs are laid effectivly breaking the life cycle.
John

August 19th 07, 12:07 AM
On Aug 17, 2:09 pm, AatjeManon > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started a blog about how to get rid of fleas. Recently my dog had
> some on him and now our house is like a minefield.
>
> Can someboddy help me, please?
>
> howtokillfleas.tumblr.com
>
> I will post your answer. As long as i get rid of these pests. My son
> of 14 months even has bites.
>
> AatjeManon

Hi,
I work at a vet clinic, and we tell people to apply Frontline for 3
consecutive months. No need to vaccum everywhere, etc. because as the
fleas hatch out they will get on the pet and be killed. If you have a
big flea problem where you live you can apply frontline monthly. You
can only get Frontline at a vet clinic, and it can be expensive, but
it works the best with the fewest side effects.

Sheelagh >o
August 19th 07, 03:31 AM
On 19 Aug, 00:07, wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2:09 pm, AatjeManon > wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I started a blog about how to get rid of fleas. Recently my dog had
> > some on him and now our house is like a minefield.
>
> > Can someboddy help me, please?
>
> > howtokillfleas.tumblr.com
>
> > I will post your answer. As long as i get rid of these pests. My son
> > of 14 months even has bites.
>
> > AatjeManon
>
> Hi,
> I work at a vet clinic, and we tell people to apply Frontline for 3
> consecutive months. No need to vaccum everywhere, etc. because as the
> fleas hatch out they will get on the pet and be killed. If you have a
> big flea problem where you live you can apply frontline monthly. You
> can only get Frontline at a vet clinic, and it can be expensive, but
> it works the best with the fewest side effects.

Can anyone tell me the the merits of using Stronghold or Advantage
instead? From my understanding, it also protects the cats from worms
as well? But, I don't think that it covers all worms, does it? I know
that Heartworm is a particularly nasty variety of worm, that needs to
be treated for separately. Baring this in mind, is it worth paying the
bit extra to get rid of the worms @ the same time, if it doesn't cover
the worms that are specifically nasty & make your cat very vulnerable,
should you choose to use that product, rather than treat the cat
separately?
Also, does either of these two products work for log enough to kill
the entire cycle of fleas, from flea to dead egg's?

This reminds of somewhat of the nit nurse that everyone used to dread
@ School. I can remember my neighbors fearing her with a passion. If
you were one of thew afflicted, off came your hair. That must have
been so humiliating, for both child & parent, but apparently it did
the job & eliminated them all in one fail scoop!

1 last question. Is it true that the flea's feed on the dead skin that
remains on the animal, or do the fleas feed on blood, thus changing
their colour to dark brown after a few short days?
I have never found a satisfactory answer to this one, so I would be
interested to know, if anyone could help with this one?

I am considering laying laminate flooring actually, right now, so that
the pesky things can't get the chance to hang out in our carpets, but
others assure me that a laminated flooring produces all a whole new
kettle of fish of problems, such as the cats skidding along on the
floors when mock fighting & playing.

Another issue, is wondering whether it would make the room feel colder
in the winter, thus encouraging me to put a warm nice think piled
large mat down in the centre of the room- Which, I guess, defeats the
object -but, so far I have resisted the urge, because of reports that
it scratches very easily
Thanks in advance,

Sheelagh >"o"<