PDA

View Full Version : Video of a kitten being drowned

Charlie Wilkes
August 21st 07, 04:44 AM
http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/

Count the seconds...

Charlie

CatNipped[_2_]
August 21st 07, 01:40 PM
God I wish you wouldn't do this - I didn't even click on the link and I'm
still sick to my stomach and emotionally wrecked after just reading the
subject of this thread!

"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> Count the seconds...
>
> Charlie

bookie
August 21st 07, 03:21 PM
On 21 Aug, 04:44, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> Count the seconds...
>
> Charlie

am certainly not clicking on this link, why do you feel the need to
post this sort of thing? you must be rather sick to do so

Charlie Wilkes
August 21st 07, 07:55 PM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:21:26 -0700, bookie wrote:

> On 21 Aug, 04:44, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Count the seconds...
>>
>> Charlie
>
> am certainly not clicking on this link, why do you feel the need to post
> this sort of thing?

I have been carrying on a debate with someone who thinks it's ok to drown
cats, as a form of euthanasia. I don't agree.

>you must be rather sick to do so

Really? You didn't object when I posted a link to pictures of someone
who had died with a burning tire around his neck.

Charlie

bookie
August 22nd 07, 12:39 AM
On 21 Aug, 19:55, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:21:26 -0700, bookie wrote:
> > On 21 Aug, 04:44, Charlie Wilkes >
> > wrote:
> >>http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> >> Count the seconds...
>
> >> Charlie
>
> > am certainly not clicking on this link, why do you feel the need to post
> > this sort of thing?
>
> I have been carrying on a debate with someone who thinks it's ok to drown
> cats, as a form of euthanasia. I don't agree.
>
> >you must be rather sick to do so
>
> Really? You didn't object when I posted a link to pictures of someone
> who had died with a burning tire around his neck.
>
> Charlie

i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of
human tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the
world would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be
honest.
kittens are cute, humans are not, simple
and I don't think that killing a cat or dog beforeit's time is really
due (it is terminally ill and in serious pain unlikely to improve) can
be considered euthanasia, it is murder plain and simple, the snuffing
out of a an innocent life before it has even had a chance for
absolutely no reason.

cybercat
August 22nd 07, 12:41 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 21 Aug, 19:55, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:21:26 -0700, bookie wrote:

>> > am certainly not clicking on this link, why do you feel the need to
>> > post
>> > this sort of thing?
>>
>> I have been carrying on a debate with someone who thinks it's ok to drown
>> cats, as a form of euthanasia. I don't agree.
>>
>> >you must be rather sick to do so
>>
>> Really? You didn't object when I posted a link to pictures of someone
>> who had died with a burning tire around his neck.
>>
>> Charlie
>
> i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
> that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of
> human tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the
> world would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be
> honest.
> kittens are cute, humans are not, simple
> and I don't think that killing a cat or dog beforeit's time is really
> due (it is terminally ill and in serious pain unlikely to improve) can
> be considered euthanasia, it is murder plain and simple, the snuffing
> out of a an innocent life before it has even had a chance for
> absolutely no reason.

Charlie's reeled you in, "hook, line, and sinker." The only reason to post a
link to a video like this in a cat group is to upset people. Some call it
trolling. Had nobody been sucked in by this horse ****, I would not have
even seen the header.

Matthew
August 22nd 07, 01:15 AM
"cybercat" >

The main problem besides the video; which I have not seen but is a sick
****ing subject. The video person(s) needs to die a ****ing horrible death
and the people that enjoy that needs to be kept from breeding. The person
he is arguing with is in another group and does not come here.

Charlie Wilkes
August 22nd 07, 01:41 AM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:39:51 -0700, bookie wrote:

> i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
> that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of human
> tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the world
> would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be honest.
> kittens are cute, humans are not, simple and I don't think that killing
> a cat or dog beforeit's time is really due (it is terminally ill and in
> serious pain unlikely to improve) can be considered euthanasia, it is
> murder plain and simple, the snuffing out of a an innocent life before
> it has even had a chance for absolutely no reason.

Wouldn't it be nice if lofty sentiments like yours made the world a
better place? But they don't. There are more cats than there are people
who want them, so whether you call it euthanasia or murder, many of them
are being killed every day of the year. I think this killing should be
done as humanely as possible, so I object when someone comes into this
group and argues that drowning is a reasonable way to terminate the life
of an injured or unwanted animal. That is why I posted this link... no
one is forced to look at it, but people who say drowning is a humane way
to kill an animal probably should take a look, eh?

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
August 22nd 07, 01:43 AM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:41:54 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "bookie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On 21 Aug, 19:55, Charlie Wilkes >
>> wrote:

>>> I have been carrying on a debate with someone who thinks it's ok to
>>> drown cats, as a form of euthanasia. I don't agree.

>>> Really? You didn't object when I posted a link to pictures of someone
>>> who had died with a burning tire around his neck.
>>>
>>> Charlie
>>
>> i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
>> that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of
>> human tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the
>> world would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be
>> honest.
>> kittens are cute, humans are not, simple and I don't think that killing
>> a cat or dog beforeit's time is really due (it is terminally ill and in
>> serious pain unlikely to improve) can be considered euthanasia, it is
>> murder plain and simple, the snuffing out of a an innocent life before
>> it has even had a chance for absolutely no reason.
>>

> Charlie's reeled you in, "hook, line, and sinker." The only reason to
> post a link to a video like this in a cat group is to upset people. Some
> call it trolling. Had nobody been sucked in by this horse ****, I would
> not have even seen the header.

What have I done to alienate you? Not long ago I thought we were friends.

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
August 22nd 07, 01:46 AM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:15:42 -0400, Matthew wrote:

> "cybercat" >
>

> The main problem besides the video; which I have not seen but is a sick
> ****ing subject. The video person(s) needs to die a ****ing horrible
> death and the people that enjoy that needs to be kept from breeding.
> The person he is arguing with is in another group and does not come
> here.

Aha! I didn't notice that the other thread was cross-posted. Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
August 22nd 07, 01:49 AM
http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/

Count the seconds...

Charlie

Upscale
August 22nd 07, 02:13 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/

You're right, that was a horrible picture to watch. But, please take into
account that it was a healthy kitten being drowned, not one that was
seriously injured, in extreme pain and bleeding to death. You tell me there
wouldn't be any difference.

cindys
August 22nd 07, 02:27 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" >
>

> The person he is arguing with is in another group and does not come
> here.
-----------
Not true. He is arguing with a poster going by the name "Upscale" in the
thread entitled "Cat Pregnancy Question" on this group.And count me amongst
those who did not view the video and would agree that anyone who would film
such a thing is sick.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Charlie Wilkes
August 22nd 07, 04:03 AM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:13:33 -0400, Upscale wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
>> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> You're right, that was a horrible picture to watch. But, please take
> into account that it was a healthy kitten being drowned, not one that
> was seriously injured, in extreme pain and bleeding to death. You tell
> me there wouldn't be any difference.

Sure, there's a difference. Drowning is not the worst possible way for
an animal to die. But it is not a humane means of killing. If a vet
isn't available, a gunshot or a crushing blow to the skull, with a large
hammer, are merciful ways to kill an injured small animal. Wringing the
neck is acceptable for birds, if it's done properly. I have been over
this unpleasant subject with veterinarians and biologists because I've
had to put down domestic animals as well as injured wildlife, and I
wanted to do it right.

Charlie

Shug
August 22nd 07, 12:28 PM
That was disgusting. I wept for one of the Lord's creatures seemingly
drowned for no reason. REAL tears and I'm a 56 year old guy.
I got my Tiger when I saved him from a drowning.
I was out walking and a guy was drowning a litter - Tiger's little brothers
and sisters were semi-floating - already gone, when I stumbled on this.
I gave the guy such a kicking and knocking about. Tiger can't have been more
than four weeks when I saved him.
I went back and collected the other four later and buried them.
Tiger's five now, he's my best buddy. I wonder if he remembers? He's SO
affectionate.
Whoever made that video should be drowned themselves.
*******s.

Hughie

"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> Count the seconds...
>
> Charlie

bookie
August 22nd 07, 01:11 PM
On 22 Aug, 00:41, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On 21 Aug, 19:55, Charlie Wilkes >
> > wrote:

> >> I have been carrying on a debate with someone who thinks it's ok to drown
> >> cats, as a form of euthanasia. I don't agree.

> >> Really? You didn't object when I posted a link to pictures of someone
> >> who had died with a burning tire around his neck.
>
> >> Charlie
>
> > i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
> > that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of
> > human tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the
> > world would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be
> > honest.
> > kittens are cute, humans are not, simple
> > and I don't think that killing a cat or dog beforeit's time is really
> > due (it is terminally ill and in serious pain unlikely to improve) can
> > be considered euthanasia, it is murder plain and simple, the snuffing
> > out of a an innocent life before it has even had a chance for
> > absolutely no reason.
>
> Charlie's reeled you in, "hook, line, and sinker." The only reason to post a
> link to a video like this in a cat group is to upset people. Some call it
> trolling. Had nobody been sucked in by this horse ****, I would not have
> even seen the header.- Hide quoted text -

i did think it was going to be a joke or something, but didn't click
on the link just in case it wasn't. puttign healthy animals to sleep
is just a topic i don't wnat to have to contemplate or see, and yes
putting up something with this kind of header on this site would be
trolling

bookie
August 22nd 07, 01:22 PM
On 22 Aug, 01:41, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:39:51 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> > i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
> > that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of human
> > tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the world
> > would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be honest.
> > kittens are cute, humans are not, simple and I don't think that killing
> > a cat or dog beforeit's time is really due (it is terminally ill and in
> > serious pain unlikely to improve) can be considered euthanasia, it is
> > murder plain and simple, the snuffing out of a an innocent life before
> > it has even had a chance for absolutely no reason.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if lofty sentiments like yours made the world a
> better place? But they don't. There are more cats than there are people
> who want them, so whether you call it euthanasia or murder, many of them
> are being killed every day of the year. I think this killing should be
> done as humanely as possible, so I object when someone comes into this
> group and argues that drowning is a reasonable way to terminate the life
> of an injured or unwanted animal. That is why I posted this link... no
> one is forced to look at it, but people who say drowning is a humane way
> to kill an animal probably should take a look, eh?
>
> Charlie

i think that everyone in the world should be made to have a cat, like
a law or something, and to that it also be some sort of universal law
that the cat of each household is in charge and shoudl be worshipped,
much as the egyptians used to do and as cats believe should still be
the case. That way people would realise that cats are beautiful
creatures and that we are very lucky to be allowed to co-exist with
and after a while of this people would be so overawed by their cats
beauty that they would all stop fighting and there would be world
peace.
also anyone weird humans out there who claim to not like cats
(mentally unhinged, insane types) would be given intensive therapy to
make them see the light and they would learn to adore pusscats and
they would then be happy again.

think about; how could people have the time to fight wars if they are
spending the whole time cleaning out dirty litter trays every couple
of hours like I do?
I also believe that if you got all the leaders of all the countries in
all the world and all the leaders or terrorist groups and got them a
in a big room round a big round table and put a couple of kittens in
the middle of the table and left the kittens to do what comes
naturally to kittens, there would also be world peace. How could
anyone think abot fighting and war and killing when kittens are
playing? you can't , it's just impossible, you can't even keep a
straight face.
try it now, download a vid of kittens playing from youtube and you
just try not to smile

anyway thats what I think, more cats less people and the world would
be a much happier place

bookie

bookie
August 22nd 07, 01:27 PM
On 22 Aug, 12:28, "Shug" > wrote:
> That was disgusting. I wept for one of the Lord's creatures seemingly
> drowned for no reason. REAL tears and I'm a 56 year old guy.
> I got my Tiger when I saved him from a drowning.
> I was out walking and a guy was drowning a litter - Tiger's little brothers
> and sisters were semi-floating - already gone, when I stumbled on this.
> I gave the guy such a kicking and knocking about. Tiger can't have been more
> than four weeks when I saved him.
> I went back and collected the other four later and buried them.
> Tiger's five now, he's my best buddy. I wonder if he remembers? He's SO
> affectionate.
> Whoever made that video should be drowned themselves.
> *******s.
>
> Hughie
>
> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message

> >http://www.stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
>
> > Count the seconds...
>
> > Charlie- Hide quoted text -

i agree and good for you for saving the little fella, he will give you
unconditional love forever and you now have a friend for life.
if it is going to be difficult to home your kittens then have your cat
spayed or neutered in the first place, there is no excuse for nto
doing so these days. a little while a go there was a 'free neutering
week' being run by local animal rescue society round here (local
branch of RSPCA) and anyway if you get a cat from the cats protection
they will get you cheaper neutering.
there si no reason to kill a healthy kitten, give it a home yourself
since it is probably your fault it was born way if you could not be
bothered to get your cat 'sorted' in the first place.

hugs and kisses to little tiger, bless his furry little heart, i hope
you are together for a long time to come.
bookie

-L.
August 22nd 07, 10:01 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> Sure, there's a difference. Drowning is not the worst possible way for
> an animal to die. But it is not a humane means of killing.

Oh STFU Charlie. You're the last one who should be debating the
"humanity" of animal cruelty. You're the one who tied a dog up and
left it for 3 days without food as a form of punishment and later
posted a picture of your cat hanging from its harness "for fun".
You're just a sick, warped ****, and anyone who has been around here
longer than 5 minutes knows it.

You still need a reason why you didn't get Conan? This thread proves
why. Asshole.

-L.

bookie
August 23rd 07, 12:00 AM
On 22 Aug, 22:01, "-L." > wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
> > Sure, there's a difference. Drowning is not the worst possible way for
> > an animal to die. But it is not a humane means of killing.
>
> Oh STFU Charlie. You're the last one who should be debating the
> "humanity" of animal cruelty. You're the one who tied a dog up and
> left it for 3 days without food as a form of punishment and later
> posted a picture of your cat hanging from its harness "for fun".
> You're just a sick, warped ****, and anyone who has been around here
> longer than 5 minutes knows it.
>
> You still need a reason why you didn't get Conan? This thread proves
> why. Asshole.
>
> -L.

what?

are you serious?

he with held food from a dog for 3 days??!!?? as a 'punishment'??!!!

dogs do not need punishing, they do not do things which require
punishing, if they do something which we find unacceptable then they
will nto hav done it out of malice or just to be 'naughty' or 'bad',
all they need is better training and to know what is acceptable using
POSITIVE reinforcement. by punishing a dog all you get is a ocnfused,
stressed and unhappy dog who will probably go on to produce even more
unacceptable behaviours out of confusion (which will again of course
be interpreted by some idiot human as the dog being naughty and said
canine will probably then be punished for doing somethign he didn't
know was 'wrong' in the first place but which is his way of coping
with stress of an uncaring owner, and thus the cycle begins and
spirals out of control).

when people come out with crap like 'that dog needs to be punished' it
is usually the owners who need to be punished for not training their
dog properly and not being consistent in their approach, that is the
bottom line. Dogs just want to please their owners and be accepted and
be part of the pack and the family, they would not knowlingly do
anything which would anger theri 'master' or cause them to be ousted
from the pack would they? anyone who thinks otherwise should get a
grip, and definintely NOT get a dog.

oh god I'm off again, i just can't bear the idea of some poor
frightened confused dog, wondering why on earth the master he loves so
much is treating him this way and what on earth he has done to get
this treatment, it just makes my heart weep. people who want to have a
dog shoudl think about what the world looks like from the dog's
perspective first and how the behaviours and actions of humans will be
interpreted by the dog, and first and foremost accept that dogs are
not capable of willfully doing 'evil' and 'naughty' things.

christ alive, this has totally ruined my day now

bookie

Charlie Wilkes
August 23rd 07, 01:29 AM
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:00:28 -0700, bookie wrote:

> On 22 Aug, 22:01, "-L." > wrote:
>> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>>
>> > Sure, there's a difference. Drowning is not the worst possible way
>> > for an animal to die. But it is not a humane means of killing.
>>
>> Oh STFU Charlie. You're the last one who should be debating the
>> "humanity" of animal cruelty. You're the one who tied a dog up and
>> left it for 3 days without food as a form of punishment and later
>> posted a picture of your cat hanging from its harness "for fun". You're
>> just a sick, warped ****, and anyone who has been around here longer
>> than 5 minutes knows it.
>>
>> You still need a reason why you didn't get Conan? This thread proves
>> why. Asshole.
>>
>> -L.
>
> what?
>
> are you serious?
>
> he with held food from a dog for 3 days??!!?? as a 'punishment'??!!!

No. The dog missed one feeding. I did it because she ran off and stayed
out all night, which in my neck of the woods puts a dog at risk of
getting shot.

> dogs do not need punishing, they do not do things which require
> punishing, if they do something which we find unacceptable then they
> will nto hav done it out of malice or just to be 'naughty' or 'bad', all
> they need is better training and to know what is acceptable using
> POSITIVE reinforcement. by punishing a dog all you get is a ocnfused,
> stressed and unhappy dog who will probably go on to produce even more
> unacceptable behaviours out of confusion (which will again of course be
> interpreted by some idiot human as the dog being naughty and said canine
> will probably then be punished for doing somethign he didn't know was
> 'wrong' in the first place but which is his way of coping with stress of
> an uncaring owner, and thus the cycle begins and spirals out of
> control).
>
> when people come out with crap like 'that dog needs to be punished' it
> is usually the owners who need to be punished for not training their dog
> properly and not being consistent in their approach, that is the bottom
> line. Dogs just want to please their owners and be accepted and be part
> of the pack and the family, they would not knowlingly do anything which
> would anger theri 'master' or cause them to be ousted from the pack
> would they? anyone who thinks otherwise should get a grip, and
> definintely NOT get a dog.
>
> oh god I'm off again, i just can't bear the idea of some poor frightened
> confused dog, wondering why on earth the master he loves so much is
> treating him this way and what on earth he has done to get this
> treatment, it just makes my heart weep. people who want to have a dog
> shoudl think about what the world looks like from the dog's perspective
> first and how the behaviours and actions of humans will be interpreted
> by the dog, and first and foremost accept that dogs are not capable of
> willfully doing 'evil' and 'naughty' things.
>
> christ alive, this has totally ruined my day now

Yeah, well the good news is the dog was killed, probably by a neighbor,
in my own front yard, so you can sleep tight knowing I got my comeuppance.

Charlie

Professor
August 23rd 07, 02:11 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> Yeah, well the good news is the dog was killed, probably by a neighbor,
> in my own front yard, so you can sleep tight knowing I got my comeuppance.
>
> Charlie

You are clearly a sick asshole obsessed with killing small animals. Go find
some other group to antagonize, or better yet kill yourself.

bookie
August 23rd 07, 02:31 AM
On 23 Aug, 01:29, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> [...]
> > would they? anyone who thinks otherwise should get a grip, and
> > definintely NOT get a dog.
>
> > oh god I'm off again, i just can't bear the idea of some poor frightened
> > confused dog, wondering why on earth the master he loves so much is
> > treating him this way and what on earth he has done to get this
> > treatment, it just makes my heart weep. people who want to have a dog
> > shoudl think about what the world looks like from the dog's perspective
> > first and how the behaviours and actions of humans will be interpreted
> > by the dog, and first and foremost accept that dogs are not capable of
> > willfully doing 'evil' and 'naughty' things.
>
> > christ alive, this has totally ruined my day now
>
> Yeah, well the good news is the dog was killed, probably by a neighbor,
> in my own front yard, so you can sleep tight knowing I got my comeuppance.

so you deliberately with hold food in an attempt to 'encourage' the
dog to stick around and not run off again? sorry i don't quite
understand how that works exactly? please explain...

again, the dog did not 'run off' to **** you off, where do you get
such a stupid idea? it probably went in the hope of finding a better
owner or for a thousand other reasons which seemed logical to the dog
at the time but i can bet that none of them involve deliberately
trying to annoy you.

at least the dog is in a better place now and not being starved by an
uncaring owner with a twisted idea of how dogs think.

jesus wept
bookie

Charlie Wilkes
August 23rd 07, 08:33 AM
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:31:01 -0700, bookie wrote:

> again, the dog did not 'run off' to **** you off, where do you get such
> a stupid idea?

??? What makes you think I had that idea?

it probably went in the hope of finding a better owner or
> for a thousand other reasons which seemed logical to the dog at the time
> but i can bet that none of them involve deliberately trying to annoy
> you.

Of course she wasn't trying to annoy me. And I wasn't angry. I was
worried. I didn't know how else to get the message across to her that
running off is DANGEROUS. I live on a rural area where free running dogs
can and do get shot.

What I did may or may not have been effective, but I didn't do it to
abuse my dog, who I dearly loved. I should never have mentioned it in
this group, obviously.

Charlie

bonbon
August 23rd 07, 08:12 PM
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:01:07 -0700, "-L." >
wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>>
>> Sure, there's a difference. Drowning is not the worst possible way for
>> an animal to die. But it is not a humane means of killing.
>
>Oh STFU Charlie. You're the last one who should be debating the
>"humanity" of animal cruelty. You're the one who tied a dog up and
>left it for 3 days without food as a form of punishment and later
>posted a picture of your cat hanging from its harness "for fun".
>You're just a sick, warped ****, and anyone who has been around here
>longer than 5 minutes knows it.
>
>You still need a reason why you didn't get Conan? This thread proves
>why. Asshole.
>
>-L.

I didn't watch the video L. In fact I refrained from even reading the
cat newsgroups for almost a week just because of the subject title in
the original post. When ever I see a post like the original one here,
I get visions in my head that I can't get rid of for weeks, sometimes
years.

I like the 'comeback' you wrote to Charlie. Apparently he is an
asshole for even posting something as horendous as this in the first
place. The whole world knows what kind of horrors the human race
inflicts on sweet little pooties. The answer I suppose is to try and
educate the morons and not to dwell on the pain and suffering they
cause.

-bonbon

-L.
August 27th 07, 01:54 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> No. The dog missed one feeding. I did it because she ran off and stayed
> out all night, which in my neck of the woods puts a dog at risk of
> getting shot.

Bull****. Excuse me - it was 2 days, not 3 - You said "48 hours" in
your own post:

"My dog was mean and nasty as an adolescent. When she was about 9
months old, I was gone on business and my dog was in the care of
friends, and she ran down to the local post office (near my house) and
accosted a couple of guys and backed them down and caused quite a PR
problem for me.

Soon after that she became easy to train and control. I never raised
my voice or punished her except once -- when she ran off overnight.
She was severely punished by being tied out away from the house, alone
with nothing but a bowl of water for 48 hours. That did it, too. "

From:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.dogs.behavior/browse_frm/thread/cffa3dd9ff780944/5feb0d26c162e70a?q=%22charlie+wilkes%22+%2248+hour s%22&rnum=1&hl=en#5feb0d26c162e70a
Post #30

What kind of asshole calls a 9 month old puppy a "mean and
nasty...adolescent"?
She probably committed suicide to get away from you.

-L.

Professor
August 27th 07, 06:59 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>> No. The dog missed one feeding. I did it because she ran off and stayed
>> out all night, which in my neck of the woods puts a dog at risk of
>> getting shot.
>
> Bull****. Excuse me - it was 2 days, not 3 - You said "48 hours" in
> your own post:
>
> "My dog was mean and nasty as an adolescent. When she was about 9
> months old, I was gone on business and my dog was in the care of
> friends, and she ran down to the local post office (near my house) and
> accosted a couple of guys and backed them down and caused quite a PR
> problem for me.
>
> Soon after that she became easy to train and control. I never raised
> my voice or punished her except once -- when she ran off overnight.
> She was severely punished by being tied out away from the house, alone
> with nothing but a bowl of water for 48 hours. That did it, too. "
>
> From:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.dogs.behavior/browse_frm/thread/cffa3dd9ff780944/5feb0d26c162e70a?q=%22charlie+wilkes%22+%2248+hour s%22&rnum=1&hl=en#5feb0d26c162e70a
> Post #30
>
> What kind of asshole calls a 9 month old puppy a "mean and
> nasty...adolescent"?
> She probably committed suicide to get away from you.
> -L.

Charlie Wilkes is clearly a deranged sociopath, don't waste your breath on
him.

Sheelagh >o
August 27th 07, 08:44 PM
On 27 Aug, 18:59, "Professor" > wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> >> No. The dog missed one feeding. I did it because she ran off and stayed
> >> out all night, which in my neck of the woods puts a dog at risk of
> >> getting shot.
>
> > Bull****. Excuse me - it was 2 days, not 3 - You said "48 hours" in
> > your own post:
>
> > "My dog was mean and nasty as an adolescent. When she was about 9
> > months old, I was gone on business and my dog was in the care of
> > friends, and she ran down to the local post office (near my house) and
> > accosted a couple of guys and backed them down and caused quite a PR
> > problem for me.
>
> > Soon after that she became easy to train and control. I never raised
> > my voice or punished her except once -- when she ran off overnight.
> > She was severely punished by being tied out away from the house, alone
> > with nothing but a bowl of water for 48 hours. That did it, too. "
>
> > From:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.dogs.behavior/browse_frm/thre...
> > Post #30
>
> > What kind of asshole calls a 9 month old puppy a "mean and
> > nasty...adolescent"?
> > She probably committed suicide to get away from you.
> > -L.
>
> Charlie Wilkes is clearly a deranged sociopath, don't waste your breath on
> him.- Hide quoted text -

And you are....?

Charlie Wilkes
August 28th 07, 09:22 PM
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 05:54:27 -0700, -L. wrote:

> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>> No. The dog missed one feeding. I did it because she ran off and
>> stayed out all night, which in my neck of the woods puts a dog at risk
>> of getting shot.
>
> Bull****. Excuse me - it was 2 days, not 3 - You said "48 hours" in
> your own post:
>
> "My dog was mean and nasty as an adolescent. When she was about 9
> months old, I was gone on business and my dog was in the care of
> friends, and she ran down to the local post office (near my house) and
> accosted a couple of guys and backed them down and caused quite a PR
> problem for me.
>
> Soon after that she became easy to train and control. I never raised my
> voice or punished her except once -- when she ran off overnight. She was
> severely punished by being tied out away from the house, alone with
> nothing but a bowl of water for 48 hours. That did it, too. "

We've been over this, dear. Normally, the dog was fed in the evening.
She ran off after being fed on a Monday evening, was found near an
outbuilding on Tuesday a.m., was tied out from then until Wednesday
afternoon, and was fed at the normal time Wednesday evening. She had
"nothing but a bowl of water for 48 hours," but she only missed one daily
feeding.

BTW, have the police shown up on your doorstep lately, or have you
learned to control your urge to harass people?

Charlie

-L.
August 29th 07, 08:46 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> BTW, have the police shown up on your doorstep lately, or have you
> learned to control your urge to harass people?
>
> Charlie

I would suggest you stop committing libel, lest you find yourself at
the end of a big fat lawsuit, Charlie Wilkes. I could use a house on
an island...
-L.

Sheelagh >o
August 29th 07, 03:35 PM
On 29 Aug, 08:46, "-L." > wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
> > BTW, have the police shown up on your doorstep lately, or have you
> > learned to control your urge to harass people?
>
> > Charlie
>
> I would suggest you stop committing libel, lest you find yourself at
> the end of a big fat lawsuit, Charlie Wilkes. I could use a house on
> an island...
> -L.

Children, unclench your buttocks & laugh @ one another...!
As I have recently learnt, arguing gets you no where fast......

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
September 6th 07, 05:58 AM
-L. wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
>>BTW, have the police shown up on your doorstep lately, or have you
>>learned to control your urge to harass people?
>>
>>Charlie
>

> I would suggest you stop committing libel, lest you find yourself at
> the end of a big fat lawsuit, Charlie Wilkes. I could use a house on
> an island...

Don't get your hopes up. Even if you could get a judgement against
Charlie, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Even if you could get his trailer (which you woouldn't be able to),
would you really want it?

> -L.

William Graham
September 6th 07, 06:27 AM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
. ..
> -L. wrote:
>> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>>
>>>BTW, have the police shown up on your doorstep lately, or have you
>>>learned to control your urge to harass people?
>>>
>>>Charlie
>>

>> I would suggest you stop committing libel, lest you find yourself at
>> the end of a big fat lawsuit, Charlie Wilkes. I could use a house on
>> an island...
>
> Don't get your hopes up. Even if you could get a judgement against
> Charlie, you can't get blood out of a turnip.
>
> Even if you could get his trailer (which you woouldn't be able to), would
> you really want it?

The cost of shipping it from Tulsa to the Pacific coast would be more than
it was worth....:^)

cybercat
September 6th 07, 08:00 AM
"William Graham" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> -L. wrote:

>>> I would suggest you stop committing libel, lest you find yourself at
>>> the end of a big fat lawsuit, Charlie Wilkes. I could use a house on
>>> an island...
>>
>> Don't get your hopes up. Even if you could get a judgement against
>> Charlie, you can't get blood out of a turnip.
>>
>> Even if you could get his trailer (which you woouldn't be able to), would
>> you really want it?
>
> The cost of shipping it from Tulsa to the Pacific coast would be more than
> it was worth....:^)

You're both idiots.

I'm just in the mood to state the obvious.