PDA

View Full Version : found my cat after 3 weeks 2 days ( problems)

RHA
August 23rd 07, 01:04 AM
I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
TRASH AND FOOD THAT HAD BEEN LEFT OUT SINCE HE WAS A KITTEN. WHEN IT GOT COLD
HE RELUCTANTLY GOT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR HER TO CATCH HIM . HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT A
LITTER BOX WAS AT FIRST BUT TRAINED IN ONE DAY. AFTER ABOUT A WEEK HE TRUSTED
ENOUGH TO PAT HIM . IT GOT BETTER AND BETTER TO THE POINT HE WOULD SIT ON MY
SHOULDERS COMFORTABLY . I HAD HIM FOR 8 MONTHS , THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS
EXTREMLY DOCILE , PLAYFULL , AND FREINDLY. THEN , I BOUGHT A HOUSE AND ON THE
THIRD DAY HE GOT OUT AND THEN SCARED OFF BY THE NEIGHBORS 4 WHEELER . I
CAUGHT HIM 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS LATER IN A HAVE A HEART TRAP IN MY NEW BACK
YARD AND ITS LIKE HE DOES" NT KNOW WHO I AM . HE HISSES AT ME AND SWATS .
( IM POSITIVE ITS BRODY ) . I HAVE ONLY HAD HIM BACK 3 DAYS BUT IM CONCERNED
BECUASE HE HAS" NT EATEN ANYTHING YET. HE"S IN A ROOM BY HIMSELF IN A BIG
BOX WITH HIS OLD CAT BED . THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS I TRIED A LITTLE FRISKIES AND
SOME WATER , AND TONIGHT I SWITCHED TO TUNA IN WATER. THIS IS MY FIRST CAT I
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

Matthew
August 23rd 07, 01:42 AM
"RHA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

3 weeks outside a lot can happen It may not be you but people in general.
Anyone may have scared the heck out of it or anything could have happened.

You may want to try a raw diet since the furball has been surviving outside
for the last month

Has he drank? a few days of not eating is not going to kill the furball it
is a extremely stressful situation.

If everything works out get MICRO CHIPPED ASAP so this never happens again
and you can be sure ( ARE YOU POSITIVE IT'S HIM). See a vet in the next
couple days the sooner the better. Schedule the cat for neutering ASAP if
not already.

Word of advice being a new parent when in doubt go to the vet it is the
best way might be costly but cats are one of the most stubbornness animals
when showing signs of sickness.

RHA
August 23rd 07, 02:21 AM
WHATS UP MATTHEW , THANKS FOR RESPONDING HE HAS NOT DRANK ANYTHING YET , I
WILL CALL THE VET IN THE MOURNING IF HE DOESNT TONIGHT . RIGHT NOW IM READING
IN THE ROOM AT A DISTANCE, IF I DONT HAVE TO I DONT WANT FORCE HIM INTO A CAT
CARRIER RIGHT NOW . I WILL GET THE CHIP AND HE IS NUETERED.

Matthew wrote:
>3 weeks outside a lot can happen It may not be you but people in general.
>Anyone may have scared the heck out of it or anything could have happened.
>
>You may want to try a raw diet since the furball has been surviving outside
>for the last month
>
>Has he drank? a few days of not eating is not going to kill the furball it
>is a extremely stressful situation.
>
>If everything works out get MICRO CHIPPED ASAP so this never happens again
>and you can be sure ( ARE YOU POSITIVE IT'S HIM). See a vet in the next
>couple days the sooner the better. Schedule the cat for neutering ASAP if
>not already.
>
>Word of advice being a new parent when in doubt go to the vet it is the
>best way might be costly but cats are one of the most stubbornness animals
>when showing signs of sickness.

Matthew
August 23rd 07, 02:37 AM
Let us know what happens

"RHA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> WHATS UP MATTHEW , THANKS FOR RESPONDING HE HAS NOT DRANK ANYTHING YET , I
> WILL CALL THE VET IN THE MOURNING IF HE DOESNT TONIGHT . RIGHT NOW IM
> READING
> IN THE ROOM AT A DISTANCE, IF I DONT HAVE TO I DONT WANT FORCE HIM INTO A
> CAT
> CARRIER RIGHT NOW . I WILL GET THE CHIP AND HE IS NUETERED.
>
> Matthew wrote:
>>3 weeks outside a lot can happen It may not be you but people in
>>general.
>>Anyone may have scared the heck out of it or anything could have happened.
>>
>>You may want to try a raw diet since the furball has been surviving
>>outside
>>for the last month
>>
>>Has he drank? a few days of not eating is not going to kill the furball
>>it
>>is a extremely stressful situation.
>>
>>If everything works out get MICRO CHIPPED ASAP so this never happens
>>again
>>and you can be sure ( ARE YOU POSITIVE IT'S HIM). See a vet in the
>>next
>>couple days the sooner the better. Schedule the cat for neutering ASAP if
>>not already.
>>
>>Word of advice being a new parent when in doubt go to the vet it is the
>>best way might be costly but cats are one of the most stubbornness animals
>>when showing signs of sickness.

Matthew
August 23rd 07, 02:49 AM
Let me add something I forgot; I know someone will correct me before this
post. That a couple days of not eating will not hurt but can anything more
can led to liver disease etc.

That is why I said the vet ASAP. Most cats that eat wet food or live prey
can get a lot of their moisture from that.

I forgot to ask what are you feeding him is it only wet food? Have you
tried to give him dry food? He might have been eating it at a neighbors
house. Most people IMO leave out dry food for animals since it is cheaper
and last longer.

Ps typing in all caps tell us you are shouting ;-)

Good luck and Welcome back to slavehood

"RHA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> WHATS UP MATTHEW , THANKS FOR RESPONDING HE HAS NOT DRANK ANYTHING YET , I
> WILL CALL THE VET IN THE MOURNING IF HE DOESNT TONIGHT . RIGHT NOW IM
> READING
> IN THE ROOM AT A DISTANCE, IF I DONT HAVE TO I DONT WANT FORCE HIM INTO A
> CAT
> CARRIER RIGHT NOW . I WILL GET THE CHIP AND HE IS NUETERED.
>
> Matthew wrote:
>>3 weeks outside a lot can happen It may not be you but people in
>>general.
>>Anyone may have scared the heck out of it or anything could have happened.
>>
>>You may want to try a raw diet since the furball has been surviving
>>outside
>>for the last month
>>
>>Has he drank? a few days of not eating is not going to kill the furball
>>it
>>is a extremely stressful situation.
>>
>>If everything works out get MICRO CHIPPED ASAP so this never happens
>>again
>>and you can be sure ( ARE YOU POSITIVE IT'S HIM). See a vet in the
>>next
>>couple days the sooner the better. Schedule the cat for neutering ASAP if
>>not already.
>>
>>Word of advice being a new parent when in doubt go to the vet it is the
>>best way might be costly but cats are one of the most stubbornness animals
>>when showing signs of sickness.

honeybunch
August 23rd 07, 02:59 AM
Why are you positive the cat is Brody? It may not be the same cat.
You probably need to take the cat to a vet and explain the problem.
Its worth the money. The cat's behavior is kind of odd for a cat who
has lived with you happily for 8 months. I wonder why you write your
messages all in upper case. If the cat was living with you and your
girl friend before you bought the house for yourself, maybe she's the
one the cat likes best and he's been trying to get back to her.

On Aug 22, 8:04 pm, "RHA" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
> GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
> TRASH AND FOOD THAT HAD BEEN LEFT OUT SINCE HE WAS A KITTEN. WHEN IT GOT COLD

> HE RELUCTANTLY GOT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR HER TO CATCH HIM . HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT A
> LITTER BOX WAS AT FIRST BUT TRAINED IN ONE DAY. AFTER ABOUT A WEEK HE TRUSTED
> ENOUGH TO PAT HIM . IT GOT BETTER AND BETTER TO THE POINT HE WOULD SIT ON MY
> SHOULDERS COMFORTABLY . I HAD HIM FOR 8 MONTHS , THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS
> EXTREMLY DOCILE , PLAYFULL , AND FREINDLY. THEN , I BOUGHT A HOUSE AND ON THE
> THIRD DAY HE GOT OUT AND THEN SCARED OFF BY THE NEIGHBORS 4 WHEELER . I
> CAUGHT HIM 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS LATER IN A HAVE A HEART TRAP IN MY NEW BACK
> YARD AND ITS LIKE HE DOES" NT KNOW WHO I AM . HE HISSES AT ME AND SWATS .
> ( IM POSITIVE ITS BRODY ) . I HAVE ONLY HAD HIM BACK 3 DAYS BUT IM CONCERNED
> BECUASE HE HAS" NT EATEN ANYTHING YET. HE"S IN A ROOM BY HIMSELF IN A BIG
> BOX WITH HIS OLD CAT BED . THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS I TRIED A LITTLE FRISKIES AND
> SOME WATER , AND TONIGHT I SWITCHED TO TUNA IN WATER. THIS IS MY FIRST CAT I
> WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
> HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

Rhonda[_3_]
August 23rd 07, 03:08 AM
Hi there,

Cats can get very mean when they are hurt or sick. He may have an
infection from a wound or something else going on that you can't see. He
needs to go to the vet right away.

Not eating for 3 days is way too long. Cats can start to get a liver
disease if they don't eat for even a couple of days.

I don't think he has forgotten you, I think he might be in trouble.

Let us know what the vet has to say.

Rhonda

RHA wrote:
> I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
> GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
> TRASH AND FOOD THAT HAD BEEN LEFT OUT SINCE HE WAS A KITTEN. WHEN IT GOT COLD
> HE RELUCTANTLY GOT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR HER TO CATCH HIM . HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT A
> LITTER BOX WAS AT FIRST BUT TRAINED IN ONE DAY. AFTER ABOUT A WEEK HE TRUSTED
> ENOUGH TO PAT HIM . IT GOT BETTER AND BETTER TO THE POINT HE WOULD SIT ON MY
> SHOULDERS COMFORTABLY . I HAD HIM FOR 8 MONTHS , THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS
> EXTREMLY DOCILE , PLAYFULL , AND FREINDLY. THEN , I BOUGHT A HOUSE AND ON THE
> THIRD DAY HE GOT OUT AND THEN SCARED OFF BY THE NEIGHBORS 4 WHEELER . I
> CAUGHT HIM 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS LATER IN A HAVE A HEART TRAP IN MY NEW BACK
> YARD AND ITS LIKE HE DOES" NT KNOW WHO I AM . HE HISSES AT ME AND SWATS .
> ( IM POSITIVE ITS BRODY ) . I HAVE ONLY HAD HIM BACK 3 DAYS BUT IM CONCERNED
> BECUASE HE HAS" NT EATEN ANYTHING YET. HE"S IN A ROOM BY HIMSELF IN A BIG
> BOX WITH HIS OLD CAT BED . THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS I TRIED A LITTLE FRISKIES AND
> SOME WATER , AND TONIGHT I SWITCHED TO TUNA IN WATER. THIS IS MY FIRST CAT I
> WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
> HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

RHA via CatKB.com
August 23rd 07, 11:33 PM
Im positive its Brody because of a small white dot under his chin besides the
fact i know Brody when i see him . I dont know why the odd behaivor thats why
im on this site , could be new house , could have had bad experience out
there or maybe he just wants to be outside all the time , but he seemed to be
content before. I was typing in all caps before because it was faster and i
suck at typing. Brody liked everybody but clung to me . My girlfreind wasnt
liveing with me before but is now.

honeybunch wrote:
>Why are you positive the cat is Brody? It may not be the same cat.
>You probably need to take the cat to a vet and explain the problem.
>Its worth the money. The cat's behavior is kind of odd for a cat who
>has lived with you happily for 8 months. I wonder why you write your
>messages all in upper case. If the cat was living with you and your
>girl friend before you bought the house for yourself, maybe she's the
>one the cat likes best and he's been trying to get back to her.
>
>> I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
>> GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
>> TRASH AND FOOD THAT HAD BEEN LEFT OUT SINCE HE WAS A KITTEN. WHEN IT GOT COLD
>
>> HE RELUCTANTLY GOT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR HER TO CATCH HIM . HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT A
>> LITTER BOX WAS AT FIRST BUT TRAINED IN ONE DAY. AFTER ABOUT A WEEK HE TRUSTED
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
>> HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

RHA via CatKB.com
August 23rd 07, 11:45 PM
Hey Rhonda , He ended up eating tuna in water last night , and again today
which is good. So he basically went about 2 days and thats if he didnt eat
the tuna in the trap. I called the vet today and she told me if he did" nt
look to be injured then to just let him calm down for a day or so . But after
reading posts tonight i will make appointment tomaro . He seems calm now but
im giveing him his space.
>Hi there,
>
>Cats can get very mean when they are hurt or sick. He may have an
>infection from a wound or something else going on that you can't see. He
>needs to go to the vet right away.
>
>Not eating for 3 days is way too long. Cats can start to get a liver
>disease if they don't eat for even a couple of days.
>
>I don't think he has forgotten you, I think he might be in trouble.
>
>Let us know what the vet has to say.
>
>Rhonda
>
>> I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
>> GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>> WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
>> HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

Sheelagh >o
August 25th 07, 12:45 AM
On 23 Aug, 23:45, "RHA via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey Rhonda , He ended up eating tuna in water last night , and again today
> which is good. So he basically went about 2 days and thats if he didnt eat
> the tuna in the trap. I called the vet today and she told me if he did" nt
> look to be injured then to just let him calm down for a day or so . But after
> reading posts tonight i will make appointment tomaro . He seems calm now but
> im giveing him his space.
>

> >Hi there,
>
> >Cats can get very mean when they are hurt or sick. He may have an
> >infection from a wound or something else going on that you can't see. He
> >needs to go to the vet right away.
>
> >Not eating for 3 days is way too long. Cats can start to get a liver
> >disease if they don't eat for even a couple of days.
>
> >I don't think he has forgotten you, I think he might be in trouble.
>
> >Let us know what the vet has to say.
>
> >Rhonda
>
> >> I GOT BRODY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 5 -6 MONTHS OLD , HE HAD BEEN GOING TO MY
> >> GIRLFREINDS HOUSE AND OTHER HOUSES IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD EATING FROM THERE
> >[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
> >> WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN HE FORGET ME AFTER 3 WEEKS , AND WHEN SHOULD I GET PRO
> >> HELP IF HE DOES"NT EAT , AND ANY OTHER HELP. THANK YOU .

This is wonderful news. I didn't post before, But I have been
following this one. I'm ever so pleased that the feast has commenced.
Keep that appointment with the vet & have your feline friend checked
over. For what he has to offer you, the price of a consultation should
be well worth the cost.
I really am genuinely delighted for you. It's going to take a little
while to get over the trauma he went through. It was no small thing,
but he will get over it. Try & talk to him soothingly when you have to
cat box him to transport him. Speak in a monotone yet light voice, &
he will be as de-stressed as you can make him.. You will feel much
better too though, knowing for sure one way or the other that he is
ok.
Best of luck, & waiting for further instalments :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<

-L.
August 25th 07, 01:28 PM
RHA via CatKB.com wrote:
> Hey Rhonda , He ended up eating tuna in water last night , and again today
> which is good. So he basically went about 2 days and thats if he didnt eat
> the tuna in the trap. I called the vet today and she told me if he did" nt
> look to be injured then to just let him calm down for a day or so . But after
> reading posts tonight i will make appointment tomaro . He seems calm now but
> im giveing him his space.

Cats will revert to being feral in as little as two weeks.
Take him to the vet, and then just have patience with him.
Buy him some high-quality canned food, and feed him that - tuna is not
a good choice as cat good.

-L.

Johnna via CatKB.com
August 25th 07, 06:38 PM
I'm so glad to hear that kitty has eaten. Cats are resilient creatures. I
know from experience that it can sometimes be a long process to restore trust
in a cat who has experienced some sort of trauma. I agree with the others
that you should have him checked out by a vet sooner than later. Changes to a
cat's temperment and eating habits is often the only sign that a cat is sick
or injured. It is safer for them in the wild to hide signs of
illness/weakness. This is an instinct that is helpful in the wild but makes
it very hard to detect signs of health trouble. Once your boy has a clean
bill of health you should go on giving him a little time and space to come
around. I noticed that you are reading in a nearby room. That's a nice idea.
This will sound a bit ridiculous but I found it helpful to bond with one of
my rescue kitties by reading out loud in a soft voice or singing softly
nearby. Your soft voice may calm him and help him to become reaquianted with
your voice. If you're reading already, why not read out loud. You'll probably
feel a little silly at first (I know I did) but it really helped with my
kitty. Also, I also found it helpful to place a soft t shirt or something
I've worn in her kitty bed. I read that it would help her to become familiar
with my scent and come to associate it with feeling safe. Sounds silly but it
really worked for us. Good luck!
Johnna :)