PDA

View Full Version : Feliway diffuser w/batteries???

Kimkat
August 31st 07, 06:20 PM
My cat is at it again... now he has "nailed" plastic items near the
front door (which I cleaned and moved to higher ground) -- I really
need a Feliway diffuser, but I do not have electricity near the door.
Has anyone seen a battery powered one? Or similar? I do not have rugs
near the door (he nailed mats) and the floor is Pergo (wood) - so I
cannot spray things like "No Mark"as there isn't a good surface to
spray it on. He seems to aim for plastic things-- he even nailed my
Dustbuster nearby.

ideas? I am starting to dislike him again... ;-)

Kim

p.s. no bladder infection right now, but he has had them

kraut
August 31st 07, 07:26 PM
>My cat is at it again... now he has "nailed" plastic items near the
>front door (which I cleaned and moved to higher ground) -- I really
>need a Feliway diffuser, but I do not have electricity near the door.
>Has anyone seen a battery powered one? Or similar? I do not have rugs
>near the door (he nailed mats) and the floor is Pergo (wood) - so I
>cannot spray things like "No Mark"as there isn't a good surface to
>spray it on. He seems to aim for plastic things-- he even nailed my
>Dustbuster nearby.
>
>ideas? I am starting to dislike him again... ;-)
>
>Kim
>
>p.s. no bladder infection right now, but he has had them

Put a rug / mat back down by the door and treat with Feliway or such.

Rene S.
August 31st 07, 08:46 PM
I don't know of a battery operated version, only the spray or plug-in
types. I would remove as many things plastic as you can right now.
Spray some Feliway spray on the corners at "cat level." It doesn't
need to be a lot of spray (and only on corners and other things cats
might rub with their cheeks). Spray twice per day.

You can plug in a diffuser near by the door or in the closest room.

What is your litterbox situation? Do you have at least two boxes and
are they kept clean? Have you changed anything that might have upset
him: litter type/brand, new member in the household, working longer or
different hours? Try to minimize stress in the household, if possible.

When was he last seen at the vet's?

bookie
August 31st 07, 11:20 PM
On 31 Aug, 18:20, Kimkat > wrote:
> My cat is at it again... now he has "nailed" plastic items near the
> front door (which I cleaned and moved to higher ground) -- I really
> need a Feliway diffuser, but I do not have electricity near the door.
> Has anyone seen a battery powered one? Or similar? I do not have rugs
> near the door (he nailed mats) and the floor is Pergo (wood) - so I
> cannot spray things like "No Mark"as there isn't a good surface to
> spray it on. He seems to aim for plastic things-- he even nailed my
> Dustbuster nearby.
>
> ideas? I am starting to dislike him again... ;-)
>
> Kim
>
> p.s. no bladder infection right now, but he has had them

why don't you just get an extension lead coming from the nearest
socket , plug the diffuser in and prop it up or tape it to the wall so
it stands with the diffuser upright? that is what i have done as the
number and distribution of sockets in our house is rubbish

bookie

Kimkat
September 1st 07, 03:27 AM
On Aug 31, 6:20 pm, bookie > wrote:
> On 31 Aug, 18:20, Kimkat > wrote:
>
> > My cat is at it again... now he has "nailed" plastic items near the
> > front door (which I cleaned and moved to higher ground) -- I really
> > need a Feliway diffuser, but I do not have electricity near the door.
> > Has anyone seen a battery powered one? Or similar? I do not have rugs
> > near the door (he nailed mats) and the floor is Pergo (wood) - so I
> > cannot spray things like "No Mark"as there isn't a good surface to
> > spray it on. He seems to aim for plastic things-- he even nailed my
> > Dustbuster nearby.
>
> > ideas? I am starting to dislike him again... ;-)
>
> > Kim
>
> > p.s. no bladder infection right now, but he has had them
>
> why don't you just get an extension lead coming from the nearest
> socket , plug the diffuser in and prop it up or tape it to the wall so
> it stands with the diffuser upright? that is what i have done as the
> number and distribution of sockets in our house is rubbish
>
> bookie

That is a good idea--why didn't I think of that??? Next apt. i will
place closer att. to sockets!

Kimkat
September 1st 07, 03:28 AM
On Aug 31, 2:26 pm, kraut >
wrote:
> >My cat is at it again... now he has "nailed" plastic items near the
> >front door (which I cleaned and moved to higher ground) -- I really
> >need a Feliway diffuser, but I do not have electricity near the door.
> >Has anyone seen a battery powered one? Or similar? I do not have rugs
> >near the door (he nailed mats) and the floor is Pergo (wood) - so I
> >cannot spray things like "No Mark"as there isn't a good surface to
> >spray it on. He seems to aim for plastic things-- he even nailed my
> >Dustbuster nearby.
>
> >ideas? I am starting to dislike him again... ;-)
>
> >Kim
>
> >p.s. no bladder infection right now, but he has had them
>
> Put a rug / mat back down by the door and treat with Feliway or such.

Another good idea! I had a mat there once but he pretty muchh used it
as another litter box... for pee-- but if I spray it with Feliway that
shouldn't be a problem anymore (cross fingers)

Kim

Kimkat
September 1st 07, 03:35 AM
On Aug 31, 3:46 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
> I don't know of a battery operated version, only the spray or plug-in
> types. I would remove as many things plastic as you can right now.
> Spray some Feliway spray on the corners at "cat level." It doesn't
> need to be a lot of spray (and only on corners and other things cats
> might rub with their cheeks). Spray twice per day.
>
> You can plug in a diffuser near by the door or in the closest room.
>
> What is your litterbox situation? Do you have at least two boxes and
> are they kept clean? Have you changed anything that might have upset
> him: litter type/brand, new member in the household, working longer or
> different hours? Try to minimize stress in the household, if possible.
>
> When was he last seen at the vet's?

He was at the vet last month-- he had a small bladder infection, and
that was the second time in 6 months. He has 2 boxes that are clean
and no litter changes. Believe me, this is actually better than when
we adopted him last year! He is a Tomcat, fixed, 13 yo, HUGE in
stature (IMO, 20 lbs. of solid cat) -- he also was declawed in the
front which I thought had a lot to do with his issues. When he first
came here the world was his box, although he never pooped outside the
box (except once on the litter mat, he got confused, and I stopped
using the mats after that) - then a few months later he was better
adjusted and realized how to be a house cat, even though he was a
biter and got us a few times- but he learned that was not something to
do. He was at a vet hospital, then a shelter, then PetSmart so he
spent over a year in a cage. He was picked up on the street, but was
declawed so he was someone's cat. Hence, I guess this is one big cage
i his eyes, but as i said, he is a lot better.

Kim

silvercelt
September 1st 07, 05:59 PM
Sorry never known of a battery powered one, but you can get spray
versions, not sure without seeing prdouct how often that would need to
be applied.

bookie
September 2nd 07, 06:15 PM
On 1 Sep, 03:35, Kimkat > wrote:
> On Aug 31, 3:46 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
>
> > I don't know of a battery operated version, only the spray or plug-in
> > types. I would remove as many things plastic as you can right now.
> > Spray some Feliway spray on the corners at "cat level." It doesn't
> > need to be a lot of spray (and only on corners and other things cats
> > might rub with their cheeks). Spray twice per day.
>
> > You can plug in a diffuser near by the door or in the closest room.
>
> > What is your litterbox situation? Do you have at least two boxes and
> > are they kept clean? Have you changed anything that might have upset
> > him: litter type/brand, new member in the household, working longer or
> > different hours? Try to minimize stress in the household, if possible.
>
> > When was he last seen at the vet's?
>
> He was at the vet last month-- he had a small bladder infection, and
> that was the second time in 6 months. He has 2 boxes that are clean
> and no litter changes. Believe me, this is actually better than when
> we adopted him last year! He is a Tomcat, fixed, 13 yo, HUGE in
> stature (IMO, 20 lbs. of solid cat) -- he also was declawed in the
> front which I thought had a lot to do with his issues. When he first
> came here the world was his box, although he never pooped outside the
> box (except once on the litter mat, he got confused, and I stopped
> using the mats after that) - then a few months later he was better
> adjusted and realized how to be a house cat, even though he was a
> biter and got us a few times- but he learned that was not something to
> do. He was at a vet hospital, then a shelter, then PetSmart so he
> spent over a year in a cage. He was picked up on the street, but was
> declawed so he was someone's cat. Hence, I guess this is one big cage
> i his eyes, but as i said, he is a lot better.
>
> Kim

that is awful! poor little fellow, no wonder he is doing some
inappropriate stuff, he is confused cos his world has been turned up
side down so many times and he has not had a good time of it. As for
some evil ******* declawing him then chucking him out (probably
because of the behaviours he exhibited as a result of being declawed)
that just makes me seethe with anger and ashamed to be human.

I am glad you am being patient with him and you realise that alot of
his oddities come from his declawing and unsettled past, and that you
are able to see the world through his eyes which alot of people and
cat owners cannot do, it must eb one huge scary place to him right
now.
best of luck with it and yes, just get some extension leads from a
hardware or electrical shop.

bookie