PDA

View Full Version : Switching Kittens' Food

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 07, 09:24 PM
Even though the last Nutro "alert" was probably not anything to worry about,
still, I didn't feel comfortable continuing to feed DaBoyz their Nutro Max
Kitten Chicken and Liver flavored canned food. They have always polished
off their own food and then went scrounging the adults' food dishes, so
they've been eating *some* canned Fancy Feast pate flavors. They are a
little over 4 months old now. Formula-wise, I don't see much difference
between Nutro Max Kitten and FF - they both have meat and meat broth listed
as the first three ingredients.

What do you guys think? Is it too early to switch them over? Is there
another kitten food that safe (never been on any of the recalled lists)?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Cheryl
September 4th 07, 10:27 PM
On Tue 04 Sep 2007 04:24:37p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> What do you guys think? Is it too early to switch them over?
> Is there another kitten food that safe (never been on any of the
> recalled lists)?

I'd feed them a high fat diet as long as they will eat it. Try Innova
canned, the red can. It comes in 13 oz size and with growing boys,
they'd probably go through at least a can a day. High protein, high
fat. That's what they need now. Try to give it to them for at least
several more months before switching. Unless they start looking fat,
but with those two, somehow I doubt they will get fat any time soon.

--
Cheryl

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 07, 11:12 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Tue 04 Sep 2007 04:24:37p, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> What do you guys think? Is it too early to switch them over?
>> Is there another kitten food that safe (never been on any of the
>> recalled lists)?
>
> I'd feed them a high fat diet as long as they will eat it. Try Innova
> canned, the red can. It comes in 13 oz size and with growing boys,
> they'd probably go through at least a can a day. High protein, high
> fat. That's what they need now. Try to give it to them for at least
> several more months before switching. Unless they start looking fat,
> but with those two, somehow I doubt they will get fat any time soon.

Thanks! Do you know if you can get Innova at PetsMart, so would I have to
order it online?

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> Cheryl

CatNipped[_2_]
September 5th 07, 03:39 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Tue 04 Sep 2007 06:12:59p, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> Thanks! Do you know if you can get Innova at PetsMart, so would
>> I have to order it online?
>
> They don't sell it here at Petsmart, but I found it at a premium pet
> food store.
>
> Try this store finder:
> http://www.naturapet.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks!!