PDA

View Full Version : Duffy scared me

MaryL
September 7th 07, 02:33 AM
Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently
does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
"crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying, over
and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.

MaryL

MaryL
September 7th 07, 02:54 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Thu 06 Sep 2007 09:33:47p, MaryL wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the
>> few times when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in
>> a lounge chair watching TV, and I happened to be holding the
>> remove control upright in my hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped
>> toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently does when I am
>> sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding "crack"
>> as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
>> backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and
>> didn't even appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged
>> him and kept saying, over and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo
>> sorry....etc." It was one of those things that I couldn't
>> possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> Aww, bless his poor bumpy head. Well, as you said, he wasn't hurt,
> so no harm done. Not to make you think more, but you never know
> what kinds of things he bumps into, or falls, when you're working
> all day. I'm sure things like that are bound to happen. Even if
> it does, he does so well and is so adjusted.
>
> You have to know he did it on purpose so that you would fuss over
> him. :))
>
> --
> Cheryl

Ha! Yes, it probably was deliberate. He *loves* hugs and attention. ;>)

MaryL

MaryL
September 7th 07, 03:03 AM
. ..
> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
> when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
> watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
> hand.
<snip>
> MaryL

That should be "remote control," of course -- not "remove control"
(although that might be a very good thing to have). Duh!

MaryL

IBen Getiner
September 7th 07, 10:12 AM
On Sep 6, 9:33?pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
> when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
> watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in my
> hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he frequently
> does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
> "crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
> backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
> appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying, over
> and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
> that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.
>
> MaryL

If you had a thread of humanity in you, you'd have him put to sleep. I
can think of nothing crueler than to force an animal to live on with
such a heart-rending disability as this.
The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his litter box
okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging out over the
edge! LOL....!! Needless to say, I never cleaned any of it up.

IBen Getiner

MaryL
September 7th 07, 01:46 PM
"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sep 6, 9:33?pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> wrote:
>> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
>> when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
>> watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in
>> my
>> hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he
>> frequently
>> does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
>> "crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
>> backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
>> appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying,
>> over
>> and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
>> that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> If you had a thread of humanity in you, you'd have him put to sleep. I
> can think of nothing crueler than to force an animal to live on with
> such a heart-rending disability as this.
> The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his litter box
> okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging out over the
> edge! LOL....!! Needless to say, I never cleaned any of it up.
>
> IBen Getiner

I treat most of your messages as spam and don't reply, but I will respond to
your comment about the litter box because there may be other readers with
this problem.

Duffy actually did sometimes "hang over" the edge, and urine (but never
feces) would trickle over the edge. The solution was simple. I got a very
large litter box, and it has never happened again!

Duffy is a happy, active, loving little guy.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

MaryL
September 7th 07, 01:57 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Sep 6, 9:33?pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
>> wrote:
>>> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
>>> when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
>>> watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in
>>> my
>>> hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he
>>> frequently
>>> does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
>>> "crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
>>> backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
>>> appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying,
>>> over
>>> and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those
>>> things
>>> that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>
>> If you had a thread of humanity in you, ....
>
> snippage of crap
> --------------
> Mary, this is a known usenet troll. Please don't take its bait.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Thanks, Cindy. I'm familiar with this troll and usually don't respond. I
did respond this time to his comment about litter boxes because there may be
readers on this NG who do have that problem. You're right, though. He's a
known troll and not worth our time.

MaryL

Sheelagh >o
September 7th 07, 02:58 PM
On 7 Sep, 14:01, "cindys" > wrote:
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>
> . ..
>
> snip
>
> > Duffy actually did sometimes "hang over" the edge, and urine (but never
> > feces) would trickle over the edge. The solution was simple. I got a
> > very large litter box, and it has never happened again!
>
> ---------------
> I had the same problem with Molly when she got elderly. My sister also had a
> similar problem with her elderly cat. I solved my problem by getting a large
> *covered* litter box. I know that some cats don't like the covered boxes and
> won't use them, but my cats are fine with them, even prefer them because
> they afford more privacy. Anyway, I'm offering this as another possible
> alternative for someone who may be reading this and have this problem.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

> I had the same problem with Molly when she got elderly. My sister also had a
> similar problem with her elderly cat. I solved my problem by getting a large
> *covered* litter box. I know that some cats don't like the covered boxes and
> won't use them, but my cats are fine with them, even prefer them because
> they afford more privacy. Anyway, I'm offering this as another possible
> alternative for someone who may be reading this and have this problem.

Blue -Belle, used to do exactly the same thing, but for different
reasons. After a litter, she would do it on a daily basis- but not
purposefully of course. I believe that it was because she couldn't
help it. After giving birth, I'm quite sure that certain areas were
either numb, or painful, so we decided to set up a hooded box to see
if it would help. It was the ultimate answer to the problem & now I
wouldn't be without my hooded box.
I know that some cats don't like them very much, but these ones have
really embraced the enclosed litter, for what I believe are the same
reasons- Privacy, & no fear of another cat jumping them when they need
private time...
Sheelagh >"o"<

Cheryl
September 7th 07, 09:34 PM
On Fri 07 Sep 2007 05:12:44a, IBen Getiner wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com>:

> The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his
> litter box okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging
> out over the edge!

You had a lovely ex. How often did she crap in his litterbox? You
should have given her a bigger one, and I'm not going to state the
obvious. ;)

--
Cheryl

IBen Getiner
September 8th 07, 09:29 AM
On Sep 7, 8:46?am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Sep 6, 9:33?pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> > wrote:
> >> Duffy gave me a real fright this evening. This was one of the few times
> >> when his blindness really "showed." I was sitting in a lounge chair
> >> watching TV, and I happened to be holding the remove control upright in
> >> my
> >> hand. Suddenly, Duffy leaped toward the arm of the chair (as he
> >> frequently
> >> does when I am sitting there) -- and he hit, head-on with a resounding
> >> "crack" as the top of his little head hit the remote control. He fell
> >> backward and stumbled. Fortunately, he was not injured and didn't even
> >> appear to be frightened. I grabbed him and hugged him and kept saying,
> >> over
> >> and over, "Oh, Duffy, I'm sooo sorry....etc." It was one of those things
> >> that I couldn't possibly predict, but I felt just terrible about it.
>
> >> MaryL
>
> > If you had a thread of humanity in you, you'd have him put to sleep. I
> > can think of nothing crueler than to force an animal to live on with
> > such a heart-rending disability as this.
> > The ex and I had a blind cat once. She used to crap in his litter box
> > okay, but 9 times out of 10 her ass would be hanging out over the
> > edge! LOL....!! Needless to say, I never cleaned any of it up.
>
> >IBen Getiner
>
> I treat most of your messages as spam and don't reply, but I will respond to
> your comment about the litter box because there may be other readers with
> this problem.
>
> Duffy actually did sometimes "hang over" the edge, and urine (but never
> feces) would trickle over the edge. The solution was simple. I got a very
> large litter box, and it has never happened again!
>
> Duffy is a happy, active, loving little guy.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
> Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7- Hide quoted text -

Bull****, azzhole.... Ours kept feeling further until she found the
outside lip of the box.....

IBen

IBen Getiner
September 8th 07, 09:30 AM
On Sep 7, 8:57?am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "cindys" > wrote in message

> > "IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> >> If you had a thread of humanity in you, ....
>
> > snippage of crap
> > --------------
> > Mary, this is a known usenet troll. Please don't take its bait.
> > Best regards,
> > ---Cindy S.
>
> Thanks, Cindy. I'm familiar with this troll and usually don't respond. I
> did respond this time to his comment about litter boxes because there may be
> readers on this NG who do have that problem. You're right, though. He's a
> known troll and not worth our time.
>
> MaryL- Hide quoted text -

Yeah. Right. You're always front-and-center no matter WHAT IBen
sezz....

IBen Getiner