PDA

View Full Version : PetPAC supports dog fighting

September 9th 07, 04:48 PM
I am ashamed to say but I have a cousin in California who has friends
that are obsessed with dogfighting. I've been urging my cousin to
report them, but he says they'll know who did it. He's afraid because
some of them are in law enforcement (hard to believe I know).

Now here's the outrageous thing. My cousin Luke said that there is an
organization looking after the interests of people who breed and
fight
pit bulls. It?s called PetPac. He said that literally thousands of
people in the dogfighting business are joining PetPAC. How do they
get
away with this? Is this organization an underground group?

He also said the people in dogfighting are worried about a law that
PetPAC is trying to stop. I think its Assembly Bill 1634 (number may
be
wrong ? I just wrote down what he said on the phone). It requires
people to spay or neuter their cats and dogs to cut down on the
number of
animals that end up euthanized at the pound. Luke says the
dogfighters
are real worried about a shortage of kittens and puppies to be used
as
bait in the fights.

This is so horrible. If anyone out there in California knows anything
about PetPAC, can you report their activities?

Thanks,

Grace

kraut
September 9th 07, 05:24 PM
>I am ashamed to say but I have a cousin in California who has friends
> that are obsessed with dogfighting. I've been urging my cousin to
> report them, but he says they'll know who did it. He's afraid because
> some of them are in law enforcement (hard to believe I know).
>
>Now here's the outrageous thing. My cousin Luke said that there is an
> organization looking after the interests of people who breed and
>fight
> pit bulls. It?s called PetPac. He said that literally thousands of
> people in the dogfighting business are joining PetPAC. How do they
>get
> away with this? Is this organization an underground group?
>
>He also said the people in dogfighting are worried about a law that
> PetPAC is trying to stop. I think its Assembly Bill 1634 (number may
>be
> wrong ? I just wrote down what he said on the phone). It requires
> people to spay or neuter their cats and dogs to cut down on the
>number of
> animals that end up euthanized at the pound. Luke says the
>dogfighters
> are real worried about a shortage of kittens and puppies to be used
>as
> bait in the fights.
>
>This is so horrible. If anyone out there in California knows anything
> about PetPAC, can you report their activities?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Grace

PetPac has a website at www.petpac.net for anyone who wants to check
it out.

September 14th 07, 06:17 PM
Well now I see that PetPAC doesn't really support dogfighting per se.
But dog fighters love PetPAC for the simple reason that it will make
sure there are always surplus animals, especially kittens, for bait in
these fights.

Dog fighters are actually worried about a shortage of strays. That's
kind of hilarious but then again these people aren't too bright. They
think that bill will be passed and all of the sudden the pounds will
be empty ... and there will be no more ads for "free kittens" in the
newspaper.

This law would be great. I can't believe anyone opposes it. Mind
boggling. A good example of how a law like AB 1634 would do so much
good is the lady that lives 2 houses down my cousin. She lets her
female cats have one little after another. I tried to talk her into
getting them spayed, but she brags that she always gets homes for
them. And she says "There's no law against what she's doing" This
woman would not spit on the sidewalk (she's a "holy roller" for lack
of better description), so I know that she would comply if that spay
law passes in CA. Well, my cousin admitted to me that his scummy
dogfighting friends have been getting her "free kittens" and using
them as bait. The next time I'm out there, I'm going to try and trap
her females and get them spayed. They spend more time in my cousin's
yard than hers anyway.

Thanks for listening,

Grace