PDA

View Full Version : Greenies?

Claude V. Lucas
September 11th 07, 03:04 PM
Hi

Does anyone know of a product similar to "Feline Greenies"
that is available in a larger size?

Bubba loves them, and I like giving him the occasional treat,
especially one that will help keep the fangs clean, but they
seem to be too small for him.

Dainty feeder that he is, he gobbles them down without chewing
them...

I solved this problem with his food by switching to Royal Canin
Maine Coon formula which has large enough kibbles that he *can't*
swallow them without first chewing them.

TIA

barb
September 11th 07, 03:58 PM
I would stay away from Greenies. The product caused serious problems for
dogs. I know, apparently not for cats. (so far as we know)

Barb

Rene S.
September 11th 07, 05:10 PM
On Sep 11, 9:58 am, "Barb" > wrote:
> I would stay away from Greenies. The product caused serious problems for
> dogs. I know, apparently not for cats. (so far as we know)
>
> Barb

I second this. You can't be too cautious.

As you've already discovered, treats are usually swallowed whole and
don't have any benefit to their teeth anyway. A better bet is to brush
his teeth with pet toothpaste (not human toothpaste) or feed a raw
diet. The enzymes help keep the teeth clean. (I know this from
experience--since I've switched to raw, my one cat's teeth, formerly
prone to tartar, are staying cleaner longer than with canned or dry.)