PDA

View Full Version : In honor of my mother - a final goodbye

MaryL
September 12th 07, 07:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among my
friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died. She
was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her room
and Motherís last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will treasure
the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory of those
final words.

I donít think we are ever really prepared to say "goodbye" to someone we
love, but this really was a blessing for Mother. She was 91 years old and
had been essentially bedridden for more than five years. She died peacefully
and did not have to endure the ordeal of still another visit to the
emergency room. She was very, very tired at the end, but she was not in
pain. I think she was ready to die, and she died at peace.

Mother was a special person, and everyone who knew her loved her. She
taught first grade for 32 years and left such an imprint on many of her
young students that she even received wedding invitations and college
graduation invitations from some of them many years later.

MaryL

Candace
September 12th 07, 08:35 AM
On Sep 11, 11:13 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
> mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among my
> friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died. She
> was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her room
> and Mother's last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will treasure
> the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory of those
> final words.
>
> MaryL

Mary, my thoughts are with you. I'm happy for you that you were able
to be with your mother and that she was able to say what she felt to
you and your sister. Take care of yourself during this difficult
time. I'm sorry for your loss.

Candace

Rene S.
September 12th 07, 01:38 PM
Mary,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you during this difficult
time.

Rene and the kitties

CatNipped[_2_]
. ..
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
> mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among
> my friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died.
> She was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her
> room and Mother's last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will
> treasure the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory
> of those final words.
>
> I don't think we are ever really prepared to say "goodbye" to someone we
> love, but this really was a blessing for Mother. She was 91 years old and
> had been essentially bedridden for more than five years. She died
> peacefully and did not have to endure the ordeal of still another visit to
> the emergency room. She was very, very tired at the end, but she was not
> in pain. I think she was ready to die, and she died at peace.
>
> Mother was a special person, and everyone who knew her loved her. She
> taught first grade for 32 years and left such an imprint on many of her
> young students that she even received wedding invitations and college
> graduation invitations from some of them many years later.
>
> MaryL

I'm so sorry to hear this Mary. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sheelagh >o
September 12th 07, 03:04 PM
On 12 Sep, 07:13, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
> mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among my
> friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died. She
> was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her room
> and Mother's last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will treasure
> the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory of those
> final words.
>
> I don't think we are ever really prepared to say "goodbye" to someone we
> love, but this really was a blessing for Mother. She was 91 years old and
> had been essentially bedridden for more than five years. She died peacefully
> and did not have to endure the ordeal of still another visit to the
> emergency room. She was very, very tired at the end, but she was not in
> pain. I think she was ready to die, and she died at peace.
>
> Mother was a special person, and everyone who knew her loved her. She
> taught first grade for 32 years and left such an imprint on many of her
> young students that she even received wedding invitations and college
> graduation invitations from some of them many years later.
>
> MaryL

We are very sad to hear of your loss of your mother. Your right, there
is never a perfect time, & you can never be ready for it. However,
sometimes it is easier to celebrate the life of a loved one, rather
than mourn it, for they give so much to make you who you are today- &
you are a delightful person.
I am delighted that the last words you shared where words of love too.
You are in our thoughts & prayers,
Hugs N Purrs,
Sheelagh >"o"<

mlbriggs
September 12th 07, 05:32 PM
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:13:52 -0500, MaryL wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
> mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among my
> friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died. She
> was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her room
> and Motherís last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will treasure
> the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory of those
> final words.
>
> I donít think we are ever really prepared to say "goodbye" to someone we
> love, but this really was a blessing for Mother. She was 91 years old and
> had been essentially bedridden for more than five years. She died peacefully
> and did not have to endure the ordeal of still another visit to the
> emergency room. She was very, very tired at the end, but she was not in
> pain. I think she was ready to die, and she died at peace.
>
> Mother was a special person, and everyone who knew her loved her. She
> taught first grade for 32 years and left such an imprint on many of her
> young students that she even received wedding invitations and college
> graduation invitations from some of them many years later.
>
> MaryL

"Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go,,,"
Sincere condolences. MLB

Suzie-Q[_2_]
September 13th 07, 12:13 AM
In article >,
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am sending group mail family and friends to let everyone know that my
> mother passed away last night, and I am including this NG plus rpca among my
> friends. I had been with her until about half an hour before she died. She
> was very weak and could barely speak, but I called my sister from her room
> and Motherís last words to the two of us were, "I love you." I will treasure
> the fact that we had those last moments together and the memory of those
> final words.
>
> I donít think we are ever really prepared to say "goodbye" to someone we
> love, but this really was a blessing for Mother. She was 91 years old and
> had been essentially bedridden for more than five years. She died peacefully
> and did not have to endure the ordeal of still another visit to the
> emergency room. She was very, very tired at the end, but she was not in
> pain. I think she was ready to die, and she died at peace.
>
> Mother was a special person, and everyone who knew her loved her. She
> taught first grade for 32 years and left such an imprint on many of her
> young students that she even received wedding invitations and college
> graduation invitations from some of them many years later.
>
> MaryL

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

--

8^(~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Peg Caldwell-Ott
September 13th 07, 01:10 AM
A touching final moment shared with dearest loved ones!! Your mother
is now an angel on your shoulder, Mary!!! All the very best to you at
this difficult time.

PegNDerekNAlinoNPemberton