PDA

View Full Version : PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

msflyingpiggy
September 14th 07, 02:52 AM
I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
own.

PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
dont want to leave him like this.

he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
you.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
a million thanks.

Gail
September 14th 07, 03:23 AM
Do NOT let him go on his own. That is VERY CRUEL. It is better to surrender
him to a shelter.
Gail
"msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
> asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
> queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
> him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
> stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
> own.
>
> PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
> TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
> dont want to leave him like this.
>
> he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
> hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
> how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
> you.
> Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
> a million thanks.

Cheryl
September 14th 07, 03:48 AM
On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:36:36p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

>> It's a very sick torll, Gail. Not very original either.
>>
>> --
>> Cheryl
>>
> What makes you say this I goggled the email and the only post
> came back to last year when she had problems with fleas and the
> kitten had watery droppings and was throwing up. She stated in
> the emails that she was going to a vet
>
> &qt_s=Se
> arch+Groups

I didn't google them. If it is a legit request for help, they have
asked way too late. That's why I said it was a troll, and again, an
unoriginal one. Personally, I don't buy it.

--
Cheryl

cybercat
September 14th 07, 03:52 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:36:36p, Matthew wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>

>>> It's a very sick torll, Gail. Not very original either.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheryl
>>>
>> What makes you say this I goggled the email and the only post
>> came back to last year when she had problems with fleas and the
>> kitten had watery droppings and was throwing up. She stated in
>> the emails that she was going to a vet
>>
>> &qt_s=Se
>> arch+Groups
>
> I didn't google them. If it is a legit request for help, they have
> asked way too late. That's why I said it was a troll, and again, an
> unoriginal one. Personally, I don't buy it.

Um, yeah! You're going overseas in two days, can't take your beloved cat, so
you turn to ..... USENET. Sure you do.

If it isn't a troll, I have nothing to say to this person. Stupid people
frustrate me.

cybercat
September 14th 07, 04:17 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:52:26p, cybercat wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:
>
>> If it isn't a troll, I have nothing to say to this person.
>> Stupid people frustrate me.
>
> Same here. I know enough people in person who do stupid things with
> their pets that frustrate me. I finally had to cut loose a friend who
> breeds her dogs, and its hard to lose a friend but I have values that
> mean something to me. Took a while but it was inevitable.

And you know what, it isn't really stupidity. It's total selfishness.
It's "head up the ass" syndrome. Creatures that are completely
dependent on us take first priority with decent people, whether
human or otherwise. To even consider putting an animal on the
street, pffft. Assholes.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
September 14th 07, 09:20 AM
The Brooklyn SPCA is featured often on Animal Planet. Worth a shot.

Paul

"msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
> asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
> queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
> him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
> stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
> own.
>
> PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
> TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
> dont want to leave him like this.
>
> he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
> hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
> how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
> you.
> Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
> a million thanks.

msflyingpiggy
September 14th 07, 12:27 PM
paul, thanks for your help.

On Sep 14, 4:20 am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> The Brooklyn SPCA is featured often on Animal Planet. Worth a shot.
>
> Paul
>
> "msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> >I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
> > asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
> > queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
> > him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
> > stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
> > own.
>
> > PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
> > TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
> > dont want to leave him like this.
>
> > he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
> > hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
> > how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
> > you.
> > Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
> > a million thanks.- Hide quoted text -

barb
September 14th 07, 02:44 PM
Dear Miss Flying Piggy,

Leaving the country? DON'T COME BACK.

Barb

Sheelagh >o
September 14th 07, 03:08 PM
On 14 Sep, 02:52, msflyingpiggy > wrote:
> I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
> asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
> queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
> him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
> stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
> own.
>
> PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
> TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
> dont want to leave him like this.
>
> he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
> hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
> how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
> you.
> Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
> a million thanks.

Here are a few that I found on the Internet. I live in the UK, so some
of them might not be valid, but they are definately worth a call. It
is a pity that you didn't ask a little sooner, because people might
have been able to help. @ this late hour, you might find that these
shelters are already full. I hope that you do find somewhere though.

http://www.ligreyhound.org/shelters.htm

http://www.licp.org/

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_a.htm

http://www.queenstribune.com/guides/2007_GuideToQueens/service/animal.htm

This one has a list of shelters in the area that you asked for

http://cats.about.com/library/weekly/aa061401a.htm

This also has a few shelters on this page

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_r.htm

Sheelagh >*o*<

"msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> paul, thanks for your help.

You live in NY and the Brooklyn SPCA never occurred to you.

mlbriggs
September 14th 07, 06:37 PM
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:05:11 -0500, Lynne wrote:

> on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:52:48 GMT, msflyingpiggy > wrote:
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>

> Put him in your freezer overnight on the evening before you fly out, then
> pack him in a box with dry ice, and ship him to your new home. Priority
> Overnight is best, but it may be okay to go with 2 Day Air if you're
> strapped for cash. If he's fat, you won't need as much packing material,
> but be sure to insulate him from the dry ice. Do you have one of those
> vacuum sealer bag thingies? (For the cat, not the dry ice.)
>
> Thaw him out slowly when you get there so he isn't scared when he comes
> back to life. Problem solved!

You are pathetic!

mlbriggs
September 14th 07, 06:38 PM
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:16:39 +0000, Cheryl wrote:

> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:05:11p, Lynne wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> . 97.142>:
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Lynne, I think a warm cat will probably need more than an overnight
> stay in the freezer. I'd go for at least 24 hours. I wonder how big
> he is?

I expected better from you.

Sheelagh >o
September 14th 07, 06:46 PM
On 14 Sep, 18:24, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
> center
>
> "msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > paul, thanks for your help.
>
> > On Sep 14, 4:20 am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> >> The Brooklyn SPCA is featured often on Animal Planet. Worth a shot.
>
> >> Paul
>
> >> "msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

Matthew, there are times that you simply can't help some people,
however hard you try. This is one of them. If she really wanted the
help that she professes to want, then she would have been there
thanking you for the way you put yourself out.(because you did!)

In fact, I don't think if you picked the cat up personally & took it
to the shelter for her, that it would have been the right place, or
even helpful to her. Shrug it off & try not to worry about it ( the
cat, I mean- not her).... If she was bright enough to ask the group
for help, then she was perfectly capable of looking up human societies
in the NY area like I did for her, in the UK!!
Take care,
Sheelagh >*o*<

Sheelagh >o
September 14th 07, 07:00 PM
On 14 Sep, 18:24, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
> center
>
> "msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > paul, thanks for your help.
>
> > On Sep 14, 4:20 am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> >> The Brooklyn SPCA is featured often on Animal Planet. Worth a shot.
>
> >> Paul
>
> >> "msflyingpiggy" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

Perhaps I am being a bit harsh. I am not sure.
That is why I did not dismiss her out of hand. Leaving this problem
until a day or 2 before you depart is a little remiss of her, however,
there might be extenuating circumstances for instance... but that
doesn't excuse not having the manners to thank someone who really did
go against the grain to help out- which you did!

I hope that she has somewhere sorted out too. Having said that, I
hardly think she is likely to come back and tell us though. Some
remarks were a little caustic. I certainly hope that she did manage to
place him.

Frankly, it is very unusual over here not to be able to place a cat in
a place of safety, so it is a little difficult for me to understand
the concept of all of your shelters being full. It must be a dreadful
situation?! I am certain that it will happen one day, we are just
lucky we haven't got there yet.
You tried your very best, that is clear.....
Sheelagh >*o*<

mariib via CatKB.com
September 14th 07, 10:20 PM
Matthew wrote:
>Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
>center
>
>> paul, thanks for your help.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

BTW Matthew, googling msflying piggy, she had 2 kittens last October 06. Do
we ask about the other kitty?
M.
here's pictures of my cats & garden & the Chinese Lantern Festival this
summer in Toronto
http://community.webshots.com/user/mariib?action=publicAlbums

mariib via CatKB.com
September 14th 07, 10:53 PM
Matthew wrote:
>>>Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
>>>center
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>> summer in Toronto
>> http://community.webshots.com/user/mariib?action=publicAlbums
>
>I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It is always the best bet for the
>one time that we jump the gun it will be the real thing.

That's just fine, but I'm not questioning that she's about to leave her cat
behind - when she posted last October, she had 2 kittens & I was asking what
happened to the other one?
M.

Sheelagh >o
September 14th 07, 11:36 PM
On 14 Sep, 22:20, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
> >Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
> >center
>
> >> paul, thanks for your help.
>
> >[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

> BTW Matthew, googling msflying piggy, she had 2 kittens last October 06. Do
> we ask about the other kitty?
> M.
> here's pictures of my cats & garden & the Chinese Lantern Festival this
> summer in Torontohttp://community.webshots.com/user/mariib?action=publicAlbums

Lovely photos :o)

Sheelagh >*o*<

Sheelagh >o
September 15th 07, 12:04 AM
On 14 Sep, 23:13, "Matthew" > wrote:

> >>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>
> >>I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It is always the best bet for
> >>the
> >>one time that we jump the gun it will be the real thing.
>
> > That's just fine, but I'm not questioning that she's about to leave her
> > cat
> > behind - when she posted last October, she had 2 kittens & I was asking
> > what
> > happened to the other one?
> > M.
>
> > --
>
> Very good questions if she need helped and the others did not scare her off.
> Maybe we can find out- Hide quoted text -

Sorry!
I forgot to add, check your email box
Sheelagh >*o*<

cybercat
September 15th 07, 01:32 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:16:39 +0000, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:05:11p, Lynne wrote in
>> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> . 97.142>:
>>
>>> [quoted text muted]
>>
>> Lynne, I think a warm cat will probably need more than an overnight
>> stay in the freezer. I'd go for at least 24 hours. I wonder how big
>> he is?
>

> I expected better from you.

I remember when you used to have a sense of humor.

mlbriggs
September 16th 07, 03:15 AM
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:32:18 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "mlbriggs" > wrote in message
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> I remember when you used to have a sense of humor.

glad to be remembered -- that must have been way back when
the cat groups were fun to read.

Sheelagh >o
September 17th 07, 07:52 PM
On 17 Sep, 17:49, Lynne > wrote:
> on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:44:20 GMT, "Barb" > wrote:
>
> > Leaving the country? DON'T COME BACK.
>
> And NEVER get another pet!
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> photos of my pets:http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it

Actually, the cat wasn't her's. It belonged to a friend that she was
trying to help. She still has the 2 cats that Matthew spoke about, &
mentioned are fine & I received photos of them a couple of days ago.

She took Matthews advice & took her friend & the cat in question to
him, but he couldn't take it either because he has no room at all. In
fact, he has asked that people think twice before giving out his
details, before contacting him first. Much as he would love to help
everyone, he can't. He is only human & only has a certain amount of
resources available. In future, he would appreciate it if people would
be kind enough to contacting him first, to see if he can help.
( I know this to be true, because I checked)

I know that we get a lot of Trolls that stop by here simply to cause
havoc, & also that it can be hard to sort out the real people that
need help, from the idiots who call by to cause trouble- But we should
have the good grace to give them a chance before dismissing them out
of hand.

You might even say that is a bit rich coming from someone who has had
plenty to say in the past, because I have! The difference is, that I
have learned my lesson, & I have learnt to give everyone the benefit
of doubt, before condemning them. I lost a good friend by doing
exactly this, & I can assure you that it wasn't worth it.

Most people who come here, are genuine, & do not deserve the stick
that she got. Of course she won't come back!

Would you?
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
September 17th 07, 08:09 PM
On 14 Sep, 18:37, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:05:11 -0500, Lynne wrote:
> > on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:52:48 GMT, msflyingpiggy > wrote:
>
> >> [quoted text muted]
>
> > Put him in your freezer overnight on the evening before you fly out, then
> > pack him in a box with dry ice, and ship him to your new home. Priority
> > Overnight is best, but it may be okay to go with 2 Day Air if you're
> > strapped for cash. If he's fat, you won't need as much packing material,
> > but be sure to insulate him from the dry ice. Do you have one of those
> > vacuum sealer bag thingies? (For the cat, not the dry ice.)
>
> > Thaw him out slowly when you get there so he isn't scared when he comes
> > back to life. Problem solved!
>
> You are pathetic!

I sat here for an hour before posting because I knew that the
consequences of what I had to say would probably make me very
unpopular. In the end, I decided to post, mostly because it needs
pointing out. When I made mistakes, there were no end of people ready
to point out the error of my ways, & they were right to.
I had far too much to say & hurt people with my sharp tongue.
Reprimanding me made me look @ myself, & examine what I was saying &
why as well.

It taught me what humility meant & to think how others feel before
shooting my mouth off- Or at least asserting whether I am being
presented with the "Real facts".
I hope you understand that my comment is only to remind us all that
people do make mistakes, & we are here to advise, rather than
reprimand before helping the cat(s) in question. There is time for
that later, after the cat has been taken care of.

If this makes me unpopular, then so be it.

Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
September 17th 07, 09:57 PM
Hi

Just read this thread and was shocked by the opening part about 'freezing'
your cat. Thought it was OTT but I read it to my husband and the thought of
putting our 4 babies in the freezer is awful.
All our cats are great by the way!!!

Shame that there are some people out there that can't take cats to there next
destination - I can only agree with what Sheelagh has said.

Has it all been sorted now? Nice of you Sheelagh to give the info you have.

take care
Clare

On 14 Sep, 03:45, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> > On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:33:55p, Matthew wrote in
> > rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> > >:
>
> >> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>
> >> < snipped>
>
> >> ???????????????????????????????????????????
>
> >> Am I missing something here or are both of off you medicine
> >> tonight
>
> > I'm fine. How are you? ;)
>
> > --
> > Cheryl
>
> Ok still on a sugar rush from my cookies
>
> I goggled her email I don't think it is a troll just someone desperate
> Either way I emailed Phil- Hide quoted text -

I agree.

I don't think anyone would come to this group & say something like
that, because she is leaving herself open to criticism. Anyone who
does that is either desperate, or stupid & Judging by the evidence, I
don't think she sounds stupid.

If you treat people with that kind of cynicism is very unlikely to
come back & take another kicking, are they?
What message does this send out too?
I thought people came here for advise, not to be abused verbally.
K.

Grace
September 18th 07, 10:20 PM
I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
transpired re: this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
wonderful heart.

Grace

Cheryl
September 19th 07, 12:31 AM
On Tue 18 Sep 2007 07:20:13p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

<snip holier than thou bullcrap>
> You all can be mad at me, cuss at me, flame me, whatever but you
> know I am right. Whether you were joking, being ****ed off at
> the poster or whatever the slap in the face is the one time
> someone needed help they got what they got.

You're hysterical. Go take a nap.

--
Cheryl

"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:15:11 GMT, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> Agreed, either one works for me, but I still don't believe it was
>> sincere. And like I said before, I usually refrain from even
>> replying. Or more accurately, I refrain NOW from replying to troll
>> posts, or getting in the middle of the muck in this group. I like
>> it better this way. It got old and causes disrupt within the group,
>> but some people *looking at Matthew* seem to like to have people to
>> vilify.
>
> What's ironic is that I'm ALWAYS restrained when these morons show up.
> This one time I posted something completely ridiculous that I KNEW no one
> in their right mind would take seriously, something funny. I am not the
> least bit sorry, either. (Your reply slayed me, BTW! haha!!)
>
> I also don't believe the original post was sincere, not for a second.
> Matthew sure is making a statement, but I don't think it is the one he
> intends!

Regardless, it amounts to stupid people in defense of stupid people.

Matthew is not stupid, but has a big tender heart that sometimes softens
his head.

"Cheryl" > wrote
>I often watch the posters who attack posts like
> this and both shake my head at the disbelief of even asking the
> question in the first place, then the onslaught of attacks.

I think I have reached this exalted place ... OMMMM

lol

mlbriggs
September 20th 07, 03:56 AM
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:20:21 -0700, Grace wrote:

> I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
> transpired re: this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
> did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
> discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
> people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
> desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
> landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
> move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
> their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
> but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
> and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
> offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
> but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
> wonderful heart.
>
> Grace

IMHO Matthew is the glue that holds this group together.
MLB

Sheelagh >o
September 20th 07, 02:00 PM
On 20 Sep, 03:56, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:20:21 -0700, Grace wrote:
> > I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
> > transpired re: this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
> > did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
> > discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
> > people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
> > desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
> > landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
> > move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
> > their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
> > but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
> > and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
> > offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
> > but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
> > wonderful heart.
>
> > Grace
>
> IMHO Matthew is the glue that holds this group together.
> MLB- Hide quoted text -

IMHO I agree

Sheelagh >o
September 20th 07, 02:16 PM
On 20 Sep, 03:56, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:20:21 -0700, Grace wrote:
> > I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
> > transpired re: this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
> > did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
> > discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
> > people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
> > desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
> > landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
> > move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
> > their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
> > but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
> > and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
> > offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
> > but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
> > wonderful heart.
>
> > Grace
>
> IMHO Matthew is the glue that holds this group together.
> MLB- Hide quoted text -

I thought that you might want to know about the conclusion of this
little story. In fact, the cat belonged to a neighbor of the OP. On
our guidance, she took the cat over to see Phil, but he wasn't able to
help in this instance, he was already full to the rafters already with
cats.