PDA

View Full Version : advantage or frontline

ANTHONY DIODATI
September 14th 07, 10:18 PM
I just used advantage or frontline one of the 2, on my cat today, and the
fleas are falling off of her 1/2 dead.
They are not jumping away like they used to.
Can I give her a bath too,(Don't think shell like it) or will that affect
the usefulness of the product.
Thanks, Tony

Suzie-Q[_2_]
September 15th 07, 01:09 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
"ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote:

> I just used advantage or frontline one of the 2, on my cat today, and the
> fleas are falling off of her 1/2 dead.
> They are not jumping away like they used to.
> Can I give her a bath too,(Don't think shell like it) or will that affect
> the usefulness of the product.
> Thanks, Tony

Yes, a bath will reduce the usefulness of the product. Don't
bathe the cat for at least two days before or after using
the product. I believe this is in the instructions. It used
to be. It's the natural oils on your pet's skin that spread
the flea killer around. Bath = no oil = no effectiveness.

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
September 15th 07, 07:35 AM
"ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I just used advantage or frontline one of the 2, on my cat today, and the
> fleas are falling off of her 1/2 dead.
> They are not jumping away like they used to.
> Can I give her a bath too,(Don't think shell like it) or will that affect
> the usefulness of the product.
> Thanks, Tony

No need to bathe. Tthe fleas will all be gone shortly, just comb or brush to
remove the flea dirt. No need to bathe a cat unless they have something
toxic in their fur. And the medication will be washed away during the bath
as it is designed to spread throughout the skin.

Paul

ANTHONY DIODATI
September 15th 07, 03:11 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> No need to bathe. Tthe fleas will all be gone shortly, just comb or brush
> remove the flea dirt. No need to bathe a cat unless they have something
> toxic in their fur. And the medication will be washed away during the
bath
> as it is designed to spread throughout the skin.
> Paul

Ok, Thanks to all, I never got any instructions with it, as the pet store
here will sell you a 1 time application.
Cleopatra looks and feels so much better.
Tony

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 9th 07, 02:59 PM
I am starting to see fleas on her again, and she is scratching, is it too
soon to put another treatment on her.
I used it on Sept. 14th.
Also has anyone heard of something you can buy at Wal mart, supposed to be
made by Ortho, and I'm not sure if you mix it or what, but Someone was
telling me about it, and you put it in an old windex bottle and spray the
rugs and the like .She said it worked well, but I could not find it at wal
mart.
Said it was cheaper like this than the pre mixed or smaller bottle.
Thanks,
Tony