PDA

View Full Version : Advantage not Working!!! WTF

ensoul
September 20th 07, 03:33 AM
they got it at 2 pm now 10:30 pm they are invested w/live active fleas
still! I bug bombed the place today too

now what do I do? I can't afford this....I'm disabled and on social
security disability

don't know what to do

help

lynn

MaryL
September 20th 07, 01:46 PM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> they got it at 2 pm now 10:30 pm they are invested w/live active fleas
> still! I bug bombed the place today too
>
> now what do I do? I can't afford this....I'm disabled and on social
> security disability
>
> don't know what to do
>
> help
>
> lynn

Lynn,

It has been a long time since I saw any fleas, so I don't remember how long
it took Advantage to work. However, I would not be surprised to see active
fleas a few hours after treatment when you have an infestation such as you
described. I do think you should plan to treat around the edge of the
carpeting with a safe insecticide, then vacuum later in the day. That part
is inexpensive but does need to be done. I realize that you said you are
disabled, but you don't want to leave a lot of flea eggs in the house. My
vet once referred to flea eggs as "timed release eggs" because they can
hatch up to *two years* afterwards. Empty the bag or cannister and take it
*out* of the house of apartment after vacuuming. Then cut up a flea collar
and vacuum up a few pieces -- leave them in the bag to get any eggs that
might be left in the bag and hatch. *Do not* use a flea collar on the cats.
Thoroughly vacuum upholstered furniture, and especially pet beds.

I assume you did not shampoo the cats afterward. Definitely *do not* do
that because shampoo can reduce the effectiveness of Advantage. In fact, I
saw a warning posted in my vet's office telling people not to use soad after
using products like Advantage. They have a soap-free shampoo that can be
used after a few days, if needed. Sorry, I didn't look for the name of the
shampoo -- but I really don't think shampoo should be needed. You could
call your vet's office to get information about what you should expect in
terms of how long it will take for your cats to be "flea free."

MaryL

ensoul
September 20th 07, 05:31 PM
On Sep 20, 8:46?am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "ensoul" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > they got it at 2 pm now 10:30 pm they are invested w/live active fleas
> > still! I bug bombed the place today too
>
> > now what do I do? I can't afford this....I'm disabled and on social
> > security disability
>
> > don't know what to do
>
> > help
>
> > lynn
>
> Lynn,
>
> It has been a long time since I saw any fleas, so I don't remember how long
> it took Advantage to work. However, I would not be surprised to see active
> fleas a few hours after treatment when you have an infestation such as you
> described. I do think you should plan to treat around the edge of the
> carpeting with a safe insecticide, then vacuum later in the day. That part
> is inexpensive but does need to be done. I realize that you said you are
> disabled, but you don't want to leave a lot of flea eggs in the house. My
> vet once referred to flea eggs as "timed release eggs" because they can
> hatch up to *two years* afterwards. Empty the bag or cannister and take it
> *out* of the house of apartment after vacuuming. Then cut up a flea collar
> and vacuum up a few pieces -- leave them in the bag to get any eggs that
> might be left in the bag and hatch. *Do not* use a flea collar on the cats.
> Thoroughly vacuum upholstered furniture, and especially pet beds.
>
> I assume you did not shampoo the cats afterward. Definitely *do not* do
> that because shampoo can reduce the effectiveness of Advantage. In fact, I
> saw a warning posted in my vet's office telling people not to use soad after
> using products like Advantage. They have a soap-free shampoo that can be
> used after a few days, if needed. Sorry, I didn't look for the name of the
> shampoo -- but I really don't think shampoo should be needed. You could
> call your vet's office to get information about what you should expect in
> terms of how long it will take for your cats to be "flea free."
>
> MaryL

nooo, wouldn't dare shampoo these guys...not unless I wanted stiches
(spelling) and read insert Advantage put in the box

Rhonda[_3_]
September 21st 07, 05:11 AM
I read Advantage takes 24 hours until "zero fleas counted."

Rhonda