PDA

View Full Version : how long should I keep him in his carrier?

ensoul
September 20th 07, 10:04 PM
I used PJ top that I had worn for a couple nights turned inside out.
more of scent that, rubbed both very well with T-shirt..Nada

they won't get close enough to each other to get the scent, the second
they one them se's the other it starts

I had to take Rudy to vet today just needed some eye ointment when I
got home thought why not keep in his carrier for a bit

Moe is only 3 feet away from...Rudy was hissing non stop w/his ears
flat back..not good

Moe didn't make any noise but keeps a very close on his brother now
Rudy is being on super high alert

how long should I keep him in his carrier? also I used my T-shirt to
line the carrier

ensoul
September 21st 07, 03:14 AM
On Sep 20, 5:14?pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> can you separate them by rooms if so do it. let them get used to one
> another without having to really see the other. Another cat's posture will
> determine the other cat's reaction scent or no scent.
>
> no I can't I have 2 bdrm's but right now my daughter & granddaughter are with me....that's a temp thing though

what have done is taken turn putting each cat in the same
carrier...the T-shirt in it has my scent on it...I'm hoping now
they'll get the scent of each other from being in the same
carrier...over night one will in my bdrm the other in the living &
dining room

How do they get used to each other when can't see each other?

I have put one in my bdrm w/kitty litter and food...then switch them
around using the same bdrm

vet told me...their cats will get used each other only when they're
good & ready too, also told use just a few drops of amniona (spelling)
in the squirt gun water...vet also they need to groom more when do
theyll smell more like themselves

Lynn ,<<< who is going nuts with this I have to be on high alert too
with my chronic pain it's tough

MaryL
September 21st 07, 06:03 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Sep 20, 5:14?pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> can you separate them by rooms if so do it. let them get used to one
>> another without having to really see the other. Another cat's posture
>> will
>> determine the other cat's reaction scent or no scent.
>>
>> no I can't I have 2 bdrm's but right now my daughter & granddaughter are
>> with me....that's a temp thing though
>
> what have done is taken turn putting each cat in the same
> carrier...the T-shirt in it has my scent on it...I'm hoping now
> they'll get the scent of each other from being in the same
> carrier...over night one will in my bdrm the other in the living &
> dining room
>>
> How do they get used to each other when can't see each other?
>
> I have put one in my bdrm w/kitty litter and food...then switch them
> around using the same bdrm
>
> vet told me...their cats will get used each other only when they're
> good & ready too, also told use just a few drops of amniona (spelling)
> in the squirt gun water...vet also they need to groom more when do
> theyll smell more like themselves
>
> Lynn ,<<< who is going nuts with this I have to be on high alert too
> with my chronic pain it's tough

Try putting a drop of vanilla on each cat. Ammonia is a bad idea -- first,
for the reason Matthew said; and second, just think about how sensitive a
cat's nose is and how strong ammonia smells.

Are they still fighting? If so, see if you can get some Feliway. Spray
that around (or plug it in it you can get the diffuser). That often helps
in situations like this. It would be a good idea to keep some on hand for
future visits to the vets, then spray some inside the carrier about 20
minutes before putting the cat inside (*not* immediately before).

MaryL

---MIKE---
September 21st 07, 02:31 PM
Could the problem be that after shaving they look like strange cats? If
this is the case it might take a long time - when the fur grows back.

---MIKE---