PDA

View Full Version : Dog ear mite medicine. OK, for kitty?

-Lost
September 23rd 07, 01:50 AM
We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at Wal-Marts
and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have some for dogs...

....will it work without hurting kitty?

Thanks.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

silvercelt
September 23rd 07, 05:16 PM
On 23 Sep, 01:50, "-Lost" > wrote:
> We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at Wal-Marts
> and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have some for dogs...
>
> ...will it work without hurting kitty?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

get cat treatment...

Sheelagh >o
September 23rd 07, 07:25 PM
On 23 Sep, 01:50, "-Lost" > wrote:
> We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at Wal-Marts
> and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have some for dogs...
>
> ...will it work without hurting kitty?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

When in doubt, don't bother to medicate. I know you probably don't
need to hear this, but I think you need to check with your vet & ask
if they could issue you with a prescription for your cat's. If you use
the dog stuff, you could end up with a terrible vet bill if it all
goes south, so for the sake of a few dollars, get the right stuff is
my advice.
Good Luck!
Sheelagh >"o"<

-Lost
September 23rd 07, 11:12 PM
Response from "Sheelagh >o<" >:

> On 23 Sep, 01:50, "-Lost" > wrote:
>> We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at
>> Wal-Marts and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have
>> some for dogs...
>>
>> ...will it work without hurting kitty?
>
> When in doubt, don't bother to medicate. I know you probably don't
> need to hear this, but I think you need to check with your vet &
> ask if they could issue you with a prescription for your cat's. If
> you use the dog stuff, you could end up with a terrible vet bill
> if it all goes south, so for the sake of a few dollars, get the
> right stuff is my advice.
> Good Luck!

Oh no, this was definitely helpful. I was going on the first thing
you said for the time being. "When in doubt, tough it out."

Honestly, we (really my spouse, they were put in charge of calling
the vet) forgot to call before the weekend. I have made a note to
ask in the meantime so hopefully we will not forget again.

Thanks for the feedback, Sheelagh >"o"<.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Sheelagh >o
September 24th 07, 12:53 PM
On 23 Sep, 23:12, "-Lost" > wrote:
> Response from "Sheelagh >o<" >:
>
> > On 23 Sep, 01:50, "-Lost" > wrote:
> >> We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at
> >> Wal-Marts and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have
> >> some for dogs...
>
> >> ...will it work without hurting kitty?
>
> > When in doubt, don't bother to medicate. I know you probably don't
> > need to hear this, but I think you need to check with your vet &
> > ask if they could issue you with a prescription for your cat's. If
> > you use the dog stuff, you could end up with a terrible vet bill
> > if it all goes south, so for the sake of a few dollars, get the
> > right stuff is my advice.
> > Good Luck!
>
> Oh no, this was definitely helpful. I was going on the first thing
> you said for the time being. "When in doubt, tough it out."
>
> Honestly, we (really my spouse, they were put in charge of calling
> the vet) forgot to call before the weekend. I have made a note to
> ask in the meantime so hopefully we will not forget again.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Sheelagh >"o"<.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

You are most welcome.
Good Luck:o)
Sheelagh>"o"<

cyberpurrs
April 12th 09, 08:07 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
> We have checked at the pet supply places around here and at Wal-Marts
> and cannot find ear mite medicine for cats. We have some for dogs...
>
> ...will it work without hurting kitty?
>
> Thanks.

You don't care, asswipe. Just do whatever you want to the cat, just because
you CAN. Anythingbut vet care. And, if you can post here you can order
medicine online, right? But that might COST you something. Give your cat(s)
to someone who will take care of them.