PDA

View Full Version : Cat not going home and we are not feeding it!

Faisal...
September 23rd 07, 08:54 PM
Folks

There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
feeding it either.

When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
advice.

Faisal...

Suzie-Q[_2_]
September 23rd 07, 09:00 PM
In article om>,
"Faisal..." > wrote:

> Folks
>
> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
> feeding it either.
>
> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
> advice.
>
> Faisal...

He needs you. Adopt him. Take him to the vet for a complete
checkup and vaccinations, and neuter if necessary. Clean him
up and take him home. Give him lots of love.

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

cybercat
September 23rd 07, 09:07 PM
"Suzie-Q" > wrote

> He needs you. Adopt him. Take him to the vet for a complete
> checkup and vaccinations, and neuter if necessary. Clean him
> up and take him home. Give him lots of love.

This is excellent advice.

kraut
September 23rd 07, 10:03 PM
>> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
>> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
>> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
>> feeding it either.
>>
>> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
>> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
>> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
>> advice.
>>
>> Faisal...
>

>He needs you. Adopt him. Take him to the vet for a complete
>checkup and vaccinations, and neuter if necessary. Clean him
>up and take him home. Give him lots of love.

Great advice. You do not mention if the cat HAS A HOME that you know
of. If it does take it bofily home and inform the owners as to what
is going on.

Do you have any other cats already??

Sheelagh >o
September 23rd 07, 10:20 PM
On 23 Sep, 21:07, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Suzie-Q" > wrote
>

> > He needs you. Adopt him. Take him to the vet for a complete
> > checkup and vaccinations, and neuter if necessary. Clean him
> > up and take him home. Give him lots of love.
>
> This is excellent advice.

Excellent Advice.

It doesn't sound like you already have one, & maybe that's why he has
chosen your patch. Who knows? I think that if a cat is allowed to
chose it's owner, & it has chosen you, then you are truely blessed.

I know he isn't in the best condition, perhaps you could make that
different for him?
He needs you for a reason. If you honestly can't find it in your heart
to keep him, @ least ring a no kill shelter. It doesn't sound like he
has a very good home life if he prefers the pouring rain to inside
where it's dry & comfortable... &that's not good.

I hope that you take cyber's advice though. It sounds like kitty needs
you.
Let us know how you get on? Thanks
Sheelagh >"o"<

Gail
September 23rd 07, 10:43 PM
Sounds like he was abandoned and needs you to adopt him.
Gail
"Faisal..." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Folks
>
> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
> feeding it either.
>
> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
> advice.
>
> Faisal...

Faisal...
September 23rd 07, 11:20 PM
I will take your advice but I would like to be certain that he has not
been abandonned. It may sound strange but this it is not the first
time we see this cat comfortable in the rain - with a collar around
the neck and very chubby.

On 23 Sep, 22:43, "Gail" > wrote:
> Sounds like he was abandoned and needs you to adopt him.
> Gail"Faisal..." > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > Folks
>
> > There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
> > during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
> > home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
> > feeding it either.
>
> > When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
> > well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
> > normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
> > advice.
>
> > Faisal...- Hide quoted text -

September 23rd 07, 11:36 PM
"Faisal..." > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I will take your advice but I would like to be certain that he has not
> been abandonned. It may sound strange but this it is not the first
> time we see this cat comfortable in the rain - with a collar around
> the neck and very chubby.

Yay, Faisal! Good decision. If anyone owns him, they surely don't
make his home very attractive. He will be much happier with you.
You, after all, are the one he comes to, again and again, for 7 years!

Gail
September 23rd 07, 11:44 PM
You can also put a note in the collar and see if anyone responds to it.
Gail
"Faisal..." > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I will take your advice but I would like to be certain that he has not
> been abandonned. It may sound strange but this it is not the first
> time we see this cat comfortable in the rain - with a collar around
> the neck and very chubby.
>
> On 23 Sep, 22:43, "Gail" > wrote:
>> Sounds like he was abandoned and needs you to adopt him.
>> Gail"Faisal..." > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>

>> > Folks
>>
>> > There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
>> > during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
>> > home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
>> > feeding it either.
>>
>> > When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
>> > well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
>> > normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
>> > advice.
>>
>> > Faisal...- Hide quoted text -

Sheelagh >o
September 24th 07, 01:10 PM

On 23 Sep, 23:44, "Gail" > wrote:
> You can also put a note in the collar and see if anyone responds to it.
> Gail"Faisal..." > wrote in message

This is a very good idea. If you want to make sure that the cats
possible guardians get this, you could get one of those name barrels &
put it on his collar. Any possible guardian would see it for sure &
look too see what it Say's. If you get no come backs then you will
know for sure. Be sure to add a contact number, so that they can talk
to you if that would make you feel better?

I'm delighted that you are willing to entertain the thought of being
owned by him. That is great news. @ least he will have somewhere to go
when It pours with rain, If he wants to. Don't let a chubby tummy
deceive you though. I have several visitor's that come here just for
breakfast & supper, but they don't all live here. We gave them shelter
when the floods were on, but most of the time they just blend into the
countryside.
Thank you for caring enough

Sheelagh>"o"<

kraut
September 24th 07, 03:38 PM
>> Folks
>>
>> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
>> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
>> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
>> feeding it either.
>>
>> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
>> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
>> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
>> advice.

>I'm delighted that you are willing to entertain the thought of being
>owned by him. That is great news. @ least he will have somewhere to go
>when It pours with rain, If he wants to. Don't let a chubby tummy
>deceive you though. I have several visitor's that come here just for
>breakfast & supper, but they don't all live here. We gave them shelter
>when the floods were on, but most of the time they just blend into the
>countryside.
>Thank you for caring enough
>
>Sheelagh>"o"<

Have you thought about possibly an ad in the lost and found of the
local paper?? Our local paper will carry lost and found ads here for
free.

Good luck.

Faisal...
September 25th 07, 03:17 PM
Folks

Thanks for your help. We did not see the cat yesterday until 8p.m.
He seemed to have had a bath (hence not smelly). He did not stay for
long. This morning the cat had a nice funky collar around the neck
and again did not stay for long.

I suppose he is back with his owner. Could it be that the owner was
away? Anyway, thanks for your help.

Faisal...

On 24 Sep, 15:38, kraut > wrote:
> >> Folks
>
> >> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
> >> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
> >> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
> >> feeding it either.
>
> >> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
> >> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
> >> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
> >> advice.
> >I'm delighted that you are willing to entertain the thought of being
> >owned by him. That is great news. @ least he will have somewhere to go
> >when It pours with rain, If he wants to. Don't let a chubby tummy
> >deceive you though. I have several visitor's that come here just for
> >breakfast & supper, but they don't all live here. We gave them shelter
> >when the floods were on, but most of the time they just blend into the
> >countryside.
> >Thank you for caring enough
>
> >Sheelagh>"o"<
>
> Have you thought about possibly an ad in the lost and found of the
> local paper?? Our local paper will carry lost and found ads here for
> free.
>
> Good luck.- Hide quoted text -

mncats
September 27th 07, 05:06 AM
On Sep 23, 2:54 pm, "Faisal..." > wrote:
> Folks
>
> There is this cat that usually come to our house (7 years). However,
> during the last few weeks, it does not seem to be going back to its
> home. It stays in the garden (even when it rains). We are not
> feeding it either.
>
> When he gets in our house, he just wants to sleep. He is smelly as
> well. We are worried for it and would like it to go back to its
> normal habit, i.e going back to its home. Can you please give some
> advice.
>
> Faisal...

He's adopted you! Go to the pet store, get some food for him and keep
a bowl of food and water for him somewhere in the house for him. If
he wanted to go home he would. He obviously likes your house. Count
your blessings.