PDA

View Full Version : Foods Cats Love

Jean B.
September 27th 07, 09:29 PM
Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating,
and it's important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to
force feed him. :-(
--
Jean B.

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating, and it's
> important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to force feed him. :-(
> --

Fancy Feast. Temptations treats.

honeybunch
September 27th 07, 09:58 PM
Beebe likes minced raw chicken. It has to be very fresh.

On Sep 27, 4:54 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message

> > Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating, and it's
> > important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to force feed him. :-(
> > --
>
> Fancy Feast. Temptations treats.

Jean B.
September 27th 07, 10:11 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating, and it's
>> important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to force feed him. :-(
>> --
>
> Fancy Feast. Temptations treats.

Thanks. I'll start a list. I'll post that and the results of
my searches, so this will be available for future reference.

--
Jean B.

Jean B.
September 27th 07, 10:17 PM
honeybunch wrote:
> Beebe likes minced raw chicken. It has to be very fresh.

Thanks! I must admit that I don't know much about such diets.
The only thing I would guess is that one would have to be
careful about meeting the vitamin and mineral requirements.
Right?

Now I see the archives are not available now. (I've never
seen that before!)

--
Jean B.

Jean B.
September 28th 07, 12:59 AM
Matthew wrote:
> rice pudding or yogurt
>
> Baby food but make sure it has no garlic or onion powder in it

Heck, I'll try anything! Now would that be sweet or other
yogurt? Come to think of it, he used to love milk, which I
stopped giving him after he developed crystals....

Okay, I'm going out to prowl the stores.... :-)
--
Jean B.

Sheelagh >o
September 28th 07, 01:17 AM
On 27 Sep, 21:29, "Jean B." > wrote:
> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating,
> and it's important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to
> force feed him. :-(
> --
> Jean B.

Heat the food slightly, just so that the food smells appetising. Be
sure to check that heat before putting it down though. Some pre boiled
water that is still slightly warm will make a broth for M to get some
goodness out of it. Also, if you have one, the cat wants one- try
eating your share then passing a bit more to puss cat?
Just a stray thought?
Best of luck,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Jean B.
September 28th 07, 01:51 AM
Sheelagh >o< wrote:
> On 27 Sep, 21:29, "Jean B." > wrote:
>> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating,
>> and it's important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to
>> force feed him. :-(
>> --
>> Jean B.
>
> Heat the food slightly, just so that the food smells appetising. Be
> sure to check that heat before putting it down though. Some pre boiled
> water that is still slightly warm will make a broth for M to get some
> goodness out of it. Also, if you have one, the cat wants one- try
> eating your share then passing a bit more to puss cat?
> Just a stray thought?
> Best of luck,
> Sheelagh >"o"<

Heh. He doesn't like people food at all. I always heat his
food a bit. I am VERY glad I check it, because I just got a
new microwave oven yesterday (I had to get it the day the
other one died so I could heat his food <g>), and the food was
HOT! I had to add more cold food to get it to a good temperature.

Thus far, the only thing he has shown an interest in is the
California something-or-other chicken and rice kibbles. The
Wellness chicken was too small, but I think he liked they way
it smelled.

I got the chicken baby food, and I gather he didn't like the
way it smelled at all....

I got some Lactaid, which he used to love, and I don't know
whether he took even one sip.

I have yet to put out rice pudding.

The fridge is full of cat food containers!

--
Jean B.

Rene S.
September 28th 07, 02:06 PM
On Sep 27, 3:29 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating,
> and it's important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to
> force feed him. :-(
> --
> Jean B.

Fancy Feast fish flavors
rotisierre chicken

Jean B.
September 28th 07, 06:33 PM
Matthew wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Matthew wrote:
>>> rice pudding or yogurt
>>>
>>> Baby food but make sure it has no garlic or onion powder in it
>>>
>> Heck, I'll try anything! Now would that be sweet or other yogurt? Come
>> to think of it, he used to love milk, which I stopped giving him after he
>> developed crystals....
>>
>> Okay, I'm going out to prowl the stores.... :-)
>> --
>> Jean B.
>
> They make dairy free yogurt mine like rice or tapioca

Oh yeah, that could be an issue. I always got Ming Lactaid,
so I don't know how well he tolerate milk.

--
Jean B.

Jean B.
September 28th 07, 06:37 PM
Rene S. wrote:
> On Sep 27, 3:29 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
>> Anyone make a list of any of these? Mingy is barely eating,
>> and it's important that he start. NOW. Or else I have to
>> force feed him. :-(
>> --
>> Jean B.
>
> Fancy Feast fish flavors
> rotisierre chicken

Thanks. I'll compare that with my previous list of good and
bad flavors. Of course, NOTHING is good if a cat won't eat it!

--
Jean B.