PDA

View Full Version : tall cat owner shy cat

Gregg
September 29th 07, 12:40 AM
My cat who is shy does not like me I am 6"2 tall and my wife is is 5"9
tall she is shorter then me, yet the cat jumps down when I go near the
cat name of Gracie she will run away hide under neath the bed, every
time I go near her she does not do this for my wife, she lets my wife
pet her but not me, why is this behivor on this shy cat how can I
correct it what can I do to help my cat over come the fear of tall me?

Gail
September 29th 07, 12:56 AM
She may be fearful of men because of a bad experience with a man. Make sure
you feed her and give her treats. Don't force yourself on her. Always treat
her gently. She will learn to trust and love you. It will take time.
Gail
"Gregg" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat who is shy does not like me I am 6"2 tall and my wife is is 5"9
> tall she is shorter then me, yet the cat jumps down when I go near the
> cat name of Gracie she will run away hide under neath the bed, every
> time I go near her she does not do this for my wife, she lets my wife
> pet her but not me, why is this behivor on this shy cat how can I
> correct it what can I do to help my cat over come the fear of tall me?

Linda Boucher
September 29th 07, 02:05 AM
face it the cat doesn't like you what did you do to the cat

cybercat
September 29th 07, 03:15 AM
"Gregg" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat who is shy does not like me I am 6"2 tall and my wife is is 5"9
> tall she is shorter then me, yet the cat jumps down when I go near the
> cat name of Gracie she will run away hide under neath the bed, every
> time I go near her she does not do this for my wife, she lets my wife
> pet her but not me, why is this behivor on this shy cat how can I
> correct it what can I do to help my cat over come the fear of tall me?

Hi, Gregg! First things first: let me introduce you to basic punctuation. :)

To answer your question: it is not your height. It's your lack of patience.

mlbriggs
September 29th 07, 06:14 AM
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:40:27 +0000, Gregg wrote:

> My cat who is shy does not like me I am 6"2 tall and my wife is is 5"9
> tall she is shorter then me, yet the cat jumps down when I go near the
> cat name of Gracie she will run away hide under neath the bed, every
> time I go near her she does not do this for my wife, she lets my wife
> pet her but not me, why is this behivor on this shy cat how can I
> correct it what can I do to help my cat over come the fear of tall me?

Do not look directly at the cat.
Act indifferent and let it come to you. Offer it a treat without staring
at it. Do not try to play with it like you would with a dog. Try
dangling toys and see if it wants to play.