PDA

View Full Version : Conjunctivitis


alone
September 30th 07, 12:27 AM
Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to eye
that I can see visually.

Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.

Options for home treatment are:

Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
times daily I think is the dosage.

l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
conjunctivitis

also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean

Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.

(vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

AZ Nomad
September 30th 07, 12:48 AM
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:27:04 +0200 (CEST), alone > wrote:
>(vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

Work it out with the vet to get a reduced bill.
Get a job so you can afford a vet.
Sell you computer and drop your internet connection for some cash.
Give the cat to somebody who'll be less selfish and who will care for the animal.

cybercat
September 30th 07, 01:00 AM
"alone" > wrote
>
> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)
>

How about those calling you a cheap, irresponsible asshole?

Paul M. Cook
September 30th 07, 01:55 AM
> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

Budget a bit tight paying for the 54 inch big screen TV and your shoe
collection?

Paul

AZ Nomad
September 30th 07, 06:40 AM
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:55:59 GMT, Paul M. Cook > wrote:


>> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

>Budget a bit tight paying for the 54 inch big screen TV and your shoe
>collection?

He has trouble just paying for booze while living in his parents
basement unemployed.

Meghan Noecker
September 30th 07, 08:45 AM
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:27:04 +0200 (CEST), alone >
wrote:

>Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
>Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to eye
>that I can see visually.
>
>Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.
>
>Options for home treatment are:
>
>Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
>ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
>times daily I think is the dosage.
>
>l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
>conjunctivitis
>
>also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean
>
>Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.
>
>(vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)
>


When my cat had this problem, she needed the ointment, enysil (a paste
that was higher dosage than the powdered lysine, and ANTIBIOTICS - 2
weeks of clavamax.

Ignore me or not, but don't ignore your cat. She needs a vet to give
the presciption. All of this should cost about $60-80. If you already
have the ointment and enysil, then about $40. Not much at all.

Also, be aware that herpes will return with stress, so you will need
to be on the lookout for future cases. With my cat, she went up and
down for several months.

Sheelagh >o
September 30th 07, 03:45 PM
On 30 Sep, 00:27, alone > wrote:
> Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
> Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to eye
> that I can see visually.
>
> Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.
>
> Options for home treatment are:
>
> Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
> ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
> times daily I think is the dosage.
>
> l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
> conjunctivitis
>
> also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean
>
> Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.
>
> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

I don't live in the USA, but if you can buy more or less what we can
over the counter, then try & get yourself some antibiotic solution to
treat the cat's eye's with.
Over here in the UK, you can get a product called OPTREX for tiered
eyes. Have you heard of this brand name before now?

If you have, then ask for the OPTREX for infected eye's, because it
has a compound called Chloramphemicol in it. It costs us around 5quid
($10), You have to keep the solution in the fridge, & use clean cotton
wool to bath each eye away from the other, & get rid of the used
cotton wool after each bathing. 3 x everyday for about 4 days should
clear it up. If it doesn't clear up, then you are going to have to
find a vet who is willing to work with you for your cat's sake.

If you are short on money for any reason, then you might qualify for
some help as someone on a low income? You will have to try animal
services where you live, to see if they know of any low cost programs
that can help you out- And, if you really feel that you can't offer
this cat the care it needs, would you consider signing her over to
someone who might be able to offer the medical work that needs doing,
done? I hope that you get this problem sorted out one way or another.
If the cat needs to see a vet, I would make a very poor substitute..!
I can't see the cat, assess the case or advise you going on what you
tell me from here.

I am not here to judge you- merely to point you in the right direction
if I can. For all I know there might be extenuating circumstances, so
it would be wrong of me to judge. Nonetheless, I hope you have a
favourable outcome.
Good Luck,

Sheelagh>"o"<

alone
October 1st 07, 03:06 AM
Thanks for your good reply. We have many mail order vet med outfits here
and I use the Merck Manual for Animals, but never hurts to ask others,
even the other idiots who love animals mostly cuz they hate people, haha
(especially the illiterate ones who can't read).

Yeah, think the ointment I have will do the trick, or I will order from
one of the supply houses here. So many of the vets here and their
overstaffed "assistants" don't care a whit about animals, they just want
your money. Had enough of them. Where I grew up they were much better
and actually cared about animals. Here they want to check your wallet
before they check the animal. Very GREEDY individuals and mostly
unprofessional and/or incompetent. Last one I went to, I knew more than
she did about the treatment.

The animal orgs here are filled to the brim with stray cats; most of
them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat. They
don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their anti-people
venom.


"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in
ps.com:

> On 30 Sep, 00:27, alone > wrote:
>> Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
>> Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to
>> eye that I can see visually.
>>
>> Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.
>>
>> Options for home treatment are:
>>
>> Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
>> ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
>> times daily I think is the dosage.
>>
>> l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
>> conjunctivitis
>>
>> also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean
>>
>> Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.
>>
>> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)
>
> I don't live in the USA, but if you can buy more or less what we can
> over the counter, then try & get yourself some antibiotic solution to
> treat the cat's eye's with.
> Over here in the UK, you can get a product called OPTREX for tiered
> eyes. Have you heard of this brand name before now?
>
> If you have, then ask for the OPTREX for infected eye's, because it
> has a compound called Chloramphemicol in it. It costs us around 5quid
> ($10), You have to keep the solution in the fridge, & use clean cotton
> wool to bath each eye away from the other, & get rid of the used
> cotton wool after each bathing. 3 x everyday for about 4 days should
> clear it up. If it doesn't clear up, then you are going to have to
> find a vet who is willing to work with you for your cat's sake.
>
> If you are short on money for any reason, then you might qualify for
> some help as someone on a low income? You will have to try animal
> services where you live, to see if they know of any low cost programs
> that can help you out- And, if you really feel that you can't offer
> this cat the care it needs, would you consider signing her over to
> someone who might be able to offer the medical work that needs doing,
> done? I hope that you get this problem sorted out one way or another.
> If the cat needs to see a vet, I would make a very poor substitute..!
> I can't see the cat, assess the case or advise you going on what you
> tell me from here.
>
> I am not here to judge you- merely to point you in the right direction
> if I can. For all I know there might be extenuating circumstances, so
> it would be wrong of me to judge. Nonetheless, I hope you have a
> favourable outcome.
> Good Luck,
>
> Sheelagh>"o"<
>

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 1st 07, 07:49 AM
"alone" > wrote in message ...
> Thanks for your good reply. We have many mail order vet med outfits here
> and I use the Merck Manual for Animals, but never hurts to ask others,
> even the other idiots who love animals mostly cuz they hate people, haha
> (especially the illiterate ones who can't read).
>
> Yeah, think the ointment I have will do the trick, or I will order from
> one of the supply houses here. So many of the vets here and their
> overstaffed "assistants" don't care a whit about animals, they just want
> your money. Had enough of them. Where I grew up they were much better
> and actually cared about animals. Here they want to check your wallet
> before they check the animal. Very GREEDY individuals and mostly
> unprofessional and/or incompetent. Last one I went to, I knew more than
> she did about the treatment.
>
> The animal orgs here are filled to the brim with stray cats; most of
> them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
> em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat. They
> don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their anti-people
> venom.


This is classic projection. You have utterly slimed the work, intentions,
motivations and morals of a great many dedicated, hard working and often
selfless individuals devoted to caring for animals of all kinds. I've yet
to meet a rich vet in all my many years of taking my animals to them. I've
had vets treat animals for free when people could not pay. I've had my own
vet open her clinic on a Sunday to treat my cat while he was undergoing
chemo treatment. I've had vets rescue animals and personally fid homes for
them when their owners proved too irresponsible to permit their return. I
could go on. But you are absolutely a hate filled asshole who is probably
as insufferable in person as you are on a newsgroup.

Your experience suggests serious bedwetting issues not to mention self
loathing and abandonment problems.

I hope you find a good home for your cat because truly I pity it in your
company. With "humanitarians" like you the human race doesn't need enemies.

Paul

MaryL
October 1st 07, 08:03 AM
"alone" > wrote in message ...
> Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
> Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to eye
> that I can see visually.
>
> Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.
>
> Options for home treatment are:
>
> Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
> ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
> times daily I think is the dosage.
>
> l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
> conjunctivitis
>
> also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean
>
> Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.
>
> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)
>
>

Please...NO home treatments. I know you said you would ignore suggestions
for a vet, but I have a little blind kitty (Duffy). He was born blind, and
I adopted him as an adult, but I can't tell you how much I would give if I
had any way to give him the gift of sight. In your case, you have the
ability to *preserve* the gift of sight. What you have described might very
well be treated by a simple (and inexpensive) visit to the vet, but eye
problems that are incorrectly diagnosed or treated can quickly lead to
blindness (or to *much more expensive* treatments).

MaryL

Meghan Noecker
October 1st 07, 09:25 AM
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:06:46 +0200 (CEST), alone >
wrote:

>them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
>em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat. They
>don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their anti-people
>venom.
>


Are you serious?

Is that why you came here, to beg for money?

Ever read the pet posts on craigslist? In my area, there are at least
10 or 20 posts a DAY for vet advice because somebody can't afford
their vet (or just doesn't want to pay). If I donated $1 to each
person, I would be dead broke. It would cost thosands of dollars to
pay everybody else's vet bills.

And you know what? I have a responsibilty to MY pets. I have a dog and
two cats. And I pay their bills. I pay about $100 a month for food,
another $40 a month for cat litter (I used a specialty litter), and I
take my pets to the vet when they need it.

Last year, I took my cat to the vet many times, starting with 3 rounds
of feline herpes. Then it was anemia. She went from bad to worse, then
got better, then worse, then died. I spent about $1000 in vet bills
over 9 months, and she died anyway. And I don't regret a dime of that
money.

I also cancelled events for my business so that I could stay home and
spend time with her. I took extra days off work. And I spent my
vacation watching tv with her curled up next to me when I had planned
to go on a road trip for my business. I don't regret that either
because I know she did better each time I stayed home, and I can look
back and know I was there for her.


What's the point of saving the world, if I fail my own family? We ALL
have to take care of our own first before we can go rescue the rest of
the world. And frankly, I would much rather help the cats in shelters.
While I feel sorry for the animals receiving little or no care from
ignorant/uncaring owners, rewarding those owners will not help the
cats in the long run, while helping the shelters will.

I also donated all my left over medications (except the liquid
antibitics where were contaminated from usage). I gave them the fluid
pack, needles, vitamins, enisyl paste, hairball paste, clavamax pills,
and the appetite stimulant pills.

Take responsibility for your own, and quit complaining that we won't
do for you what you refuse to do. Why are we supposed to care about
your cat more than you do?

Paul M. Cook
October 1st 07, 03:14 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
...
>
> "alone" > wrote in message ...
> < snipped for being bull****>
>
> Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
> pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>
> The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
> kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.
>
> Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke.
The
> guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
> trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>
> If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
> intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home
treatment
> for this case could cause problems with the furball.
>

In a nutshell, he's just a cheap *******. And he justifies that by
slandering and maligning people who by virtue of their own hard work and
devotion expose him for what he is. Would not surprise me to know his Merck
manual was stolen from the public library.

Paul

Sheelagh >o
October 1st 07, 03:37 PM
On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "alone" > wrote in ...
>
> < snipped for being bull****>
>
> Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
> pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>
> The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
> kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.
>
> Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke. The
> guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
> trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>
> If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
> intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home treatment
> for this case could cause problems with the furball.

Thank you Matthew.
I will remain aware of this from now on.

K
October 1st 07, 04:11 PM
On 1 Oct, 15:37, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "alone" > wrote in ...
>
> > < snipped for being bull****>
>
> > Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
> > pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>
> > The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
> > kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.
>
> > Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke. The
> > guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
> > trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>
> > If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
> > intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home treatment
> > for this case could cause problems with the furball.
>
> Thank you Matthew.
> I will remain aware of this from now on.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

You weren't to know this fellow was a freeloader.

You were treating him with respect. Nonetheless, the other's are
right. He should have gone straight to the vet instead of faffing
about here looking for a free solution, or a few bucks. We all make
that mistake now & again, because people can be deceptive at times
K.

alone
October 2nd 07, 02:34 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
> "alone" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Thanks for your good reply. We have many mail order vet med outfits
>> here and I use the Merck Manual for Animals, but never hurts to ask
>> others, even the other idiots who love animals mostly cuz they hate
>> people, haha (especially the illiterate ones who can't read).
>>
>> Yeah, think the ointment I have will do the trick, or I will order
>> from one of the supply houses here. So many of the vets here and
>> their overstaffed "assistants" don't care a whit about animals, they
>> just want your money. Had enough of them. Where I grew up they were
>> much better and actually cared about animals. Here they want to check
>> your wallet before they check the animal. Very GREEDY individuals and
>> mostly unprofessional and/or incompetent. Last one I went to, I knew
>> more than she did about the treatment.
>>
>> The animal orgs here are filled to the brim with stray cats; most of
>> them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the
>> "take em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor
>> cat. They don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their
>> anti-people venom.
>
>
> This is classic projection.

More blather and foaming at the mouth deleted.

Vets in my home state when I was growing up were good; they cared about
animals.

Ones here in AZ are money hungry and unprofessional. Demanding payment
immediately or in advance, refusing to treat sick or hurting animals
until full payment is made. They are a sorry lot and one reason they are
is that AZ Gov. does nothing to police unethical and substandard
professionals. This is where the people who couldn't hack it back east
come to to practice.

Paul, try to get some help for that AIDs dementia ok?

alone
October 2nd 07, 02:39 AM
Meghan Noecker > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:06:46 +0200 (CEST), alone >
> wrote:
>
>>them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
>>em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat.
>>They don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their
>>anti-people venom.
>>
>
>
> Are you serious?
>
> Is that why you came here, to beg for money?

Nope, was hoping that all you people haters actually were literate.
What part of "no vets" don't u understand?

Don't need moral lectures from you all. I know what I've given to this
animal that I rescued as a stray, so don't beat you chest about all
you've done for your "family", haha.

>

alone
October 2nd 07, 02:41 AM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in
:

>
> "alone" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
>> Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to
>> eye that I can see visually.
>>
>> Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.
>>
>> Options for home treatment are:
>>
>> Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
>> ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
>> times daily I think is the dosage.
>>
>> l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
>> conjunctivitis
>>
>> also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean
>>
>> Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.
>>
>> (vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)
>>

He's doing quite nicely actually. I have been using just artificial
tears which are helping and if it gets worse I will go to the triple
antibiotic opthalmic ointment. Thanks ;-) Maybe the vet schools and
licensing boards should concentrate on turing out fewer and better vets,
ones that still have compassion for animals?

>
> Please...NO home treatments. I know you said you would ignore
> suggestions for a vet, but I have a little blind kitty (Duffy). He
> was born blind, and I adopted him as an adult, but I can't tell you
> how much I would give if I had any way to give him the gift of sight.
> In your case, you have the ability to *preserve* the gift of sight.
> What you have described might very well be treated by a simple (and
> inexpensive) visit to the vet, but eye problems that are incorrectly
> diagnosed or treated can quickly lead to blindness (or to *much more
> expensive* treatments).
>
> MaryL
>
>

alone
October 2nd 07, 02:48 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "alone" > wrote in message
>> ... < snipped for being bull****>
>>
>> Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it
>> takes to pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>>
>> The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a
>> serious kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.
>>
>> Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this
>> joke.
> The
>> guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a
>> known trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>>
>> If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon
>> someone intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and
>> home
> treatment
>> for this case could cause problems with the furball.
>>
>
> In a nutshell, he's just a cheap *******. <more babbling deleted>

The last "professional" I saw tried to con me into letting him declaw my
cat for a leg infection to the tune of $400. I told him to stuff it and
just give him a shot. Shot + liquid meds and 1 week later he was fine.
Where DO these guys get their training? High prices, no compassion or
help for any except those paying full on the spot, incompetent advice.
No wonder I want no more to do with the vets in my area. Probably Paul
is a vet or working for one, that is why his panties are in such a bind,
eh Paul?

But keep you pathetic diatribes coming Paul, I am enjoying kicking your
ass.


> Paul
>
>

alone
October 2nd 07, 02:54 AM
K > wrote in
oups.com:

> On 1 Oct, 15:37, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
>> On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" > wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > "alone" > wrote in
>> > ...
>>
>> > < snipped for being bull****>
>>
>> > Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it
>> > takes to pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>>
>> > The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a
>> > serious kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real
>> > world.
>>
>> > Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this
>> > joke. The guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that
>> > used by a known trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>>
>> > If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon
>> > someone intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary
>> > and home treatment for this case could cause problems with the
>> > furball.
>>
>> Thank you Matthew.
>> I will remain aware of this from now on.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> You weren't to know this fellow was a freeloader.

Haha, that's right and I offered some tips on how to avoid these sharks
who are posing as lovers of animals. Gee another $150 out the window as
I treat my cat using the same meds they would reap 200% profit on, not
including their absurdly high office visit fees.

Cat is doing fine, no thanks to most of the members of this group. You
see us "freeloaders" are smarter than the average sheeple that frequent
this group, many of who work at vet clinics or are vets themselves.


>
> You were treating him with respect. Nonetheless, the other's are
> right. He should have gone straight to the vet instead of faffing
> about here looking for a free solution, or a few bucks. We all make
> that mistake now & again, because people can be deceptive at times
> K.
>

cybercat
October 2nd 07, 05:04 AM
"alone" > wrote in message ...
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>>

>
> Paul, try to get some help for that AIDs dementia ok?

Ever wonder why you are ....











alone?


lol

ASSHOLE

Professor
October 2nd 07, 06:03 AM
"alone" > wrote in message ...
> Meghan Noecker > wrote in

> Nope, was hoping that all you people haters actually were literate.
> What part of "no vets" don't u understand?
>
> Don't need moral lectures from you all. I know what I've given to this
> animal that I rescued as a stray, so don't beat you chest about all
> you've done for your "family", haha.

You're a miserable little turd. Where do you get off trying to defend never
taking a cat to a vet? Take your looney self on out of here, we have no
time for haters. No wonder you're "alone".

Meghan Noecker
October 2nd 07, 08:02 AM
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 03:34:59 +0200 (CEST), alone >
wrote:


>Ones here in AZ are money hungry and unprofessional. Demanding payment
>immediately or in advance, refusing to treat sick or hurting animals
>until full payment is made. They are a sorry lot and one reason they are
>is that AZ Gov. does nothing to police unethical and substandard
>professionals. This is where the people who couldn't hack it back east
>come to to practice.
>

Find a new vet. I have never seen a vet ask for payment before
treatment. We do the checkup, and treatment, then go work out the
bill.

My vet has also told me when I was aksing for tests or medication that
my cat or dog did not need. He always started with the simple, cheaper
treatment, and that usually solved the problem.

We even took a stray to an expensive vet since they were close by and
the cat had been hit by a car. The vet went ahead and fixed his broken
jaw, treated his injured eye, neutered him, etc. All knowing that the
cat was a stray.

Meghan Noecker
October 2nd 07, 08:05 AM
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 03:39:31 +0200 (CEST), alone >
wrote:

>Meghan Noecker > wrote in
:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:06:46 +0200 (CEST), alone >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
>>>em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat.
>>>They don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their
>>>anti-people venom.
>>>
>>
>>
>> Are you serious?
>>
>> Is that why you came here, to beg for money?
>
>Nope, was hoping that all you people haters actually were literate.
>What part of "no vets" don't u understand?

What part of being wrong did you not understand. Yes, we understood
you said not vets. But that was because you clearly knew what to do
and didn't want to do it. Why bothe asking when you already knew the
answer.


>
>Don't need moral lectures from you all. I know what I've given to this
>animal that I rescued as a stray, so don't beat you chest about all
>you've done for your "family", haha.
>
>>

You accused us of being selfish and not offering to help you. Do you
not understand that we can't afford to take care of the world? I have
had to borrow money when facing a larger vet bill. I have sold things
to raise money for a vet bill.

It's not my fault if you are not willing to take care of your own.
That's your problem. But talk down to me because I don't take care of
your responsibilities. I have my own.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 3rd 07, 04:22 AM
"alone" > wrote in message ...
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "alone" > wrote in message
>>> ... < snipped for being bull****>
>>>
>>> Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it
>>> takes to pay for it. I have done it. Get off your [email protected]@.
>>>
>>> The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a
>>> serious kick in the [email protected]@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.
>>>
>>> Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this
>>> joke.
>> The
>>> guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a
>>> known trouble maker here in alt.cats.
>>>
>>> If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon
>>> someone intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and
>>> home
>> treatment
>>> for this case could cause problems with the furball.
>>>
>>
>> In a nutshell, he's just a cheap *******. <more babbling deleted>
>
> The last "professional" I saw tried to con me into letting him declaw my
> cat for a leg infection to the tune of $400. I told him to stuff it and
> just give him a shot. Shot + liquid meds and 1 week later he was fine.
> Where DO these guys get their training? High prices, no compassion or
> help for any except those paying full on the spot, incompetent advice.
> No wonder I want no more to do with the vets in my area. Probably Paul
> is a vet or working for one, that is why his panties are in such a bind,
> eh Paul?
>
> But keep you pathetic diatribes coming Paul, I am enjoying kicking your
> ass.


Cheap *******s and ripoff artists always seem to meet each other. The
former is easily manipulated and the latter knows a fool when they see one.
You just don't know good when you see it and in my experience people who
project the worst are projecting what lies within their own soul.

You got issues, buddy. Big ones.

Paul