PDA

View Full Version : bringing home dead things....

October 4th 07, 04:45 PM
Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
doormat everyday. Suggestions?

cybercat
October 4th 07, 05:05 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
> home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
> thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
> doormat everyday. Suggestions?

Keep your cat in the house where he is safe. But you knew that.

mlbriggs
October 4th 07, 05:15 PM
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:45:01 +0000, rhondagerber wrote:

> Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
> home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
> thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
> doormat everyday. Suggestions?

Suggestion: Turn your kitty into a "house cat"!MLB

honeybunch
October 5th 07, 12:57 AM
Have you told your cat not to do it anymore and looked very sadly at
him/her? Sometimes they do it just to play with the critters. Mine
brings butterflies in the house.

On Oct 4, 12:15 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:45:01 +0000, rhondagerber wrote:
> > Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
> > home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
> > thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
> > doormat everyday. Suggestions?
>
> Suggestion: Turn your kitty into a "house cat"!MLB

-Lost
October 5th 07, 08:59 AM
Response from "Matthew" >:

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop
>> bringing home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know
>> it's a trophy thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to
>> be found on my doormat everyday. Suggestions?
>>

> It is a hunting instinct and a respect instinct. A animal that
> brings home its kill for you is a sign of love and respect.
>
> The simplest way is not to let your cat out. I have heard of a
> guy inventing a computer photo imagier that take the cat and scan
> the picture if the cat had prey in it mouth it would not unlock
> the cat door.

Matthew, you never cease to amaze me with your limitless knowledge
and experience.

Here is the link for the curious:

http://www.quantumpicture.com/Flo_Control/flo_control.htm

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

gerber
October 5th 07, 02:57 PM
On Oct 4, 11:45 am, wrote:
> Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
> home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
> thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
> doormat everyday. Suggestions?

Thanks everyone for the responses...and believe me, I would keep him
in the house but my daughter and husband are crazy allergic to cats.
I found him on my doorstep about 9 yrs ago as a 6" purring cutie. I
guess I should "find him a good indoor home." He would love to be
inside. Any takers?

-Lost
October 6th 07, 12:07 AM
Response from "Matthew" >:

> I am old and my mentor was Cliff from cheers ;-)

NOTHING wrong with that! I always thought it was so cool that Cliff
Clavin posessed SO much information.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083399/quotes

Cliff: "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only
move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it
is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.
This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the
general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the
regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the
human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.
Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But
naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In
this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain
cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's
why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Or instead of the almost useful information we could always rely on
quotes like this:

Woody: "What's a Freudian Slip?"
Cliff: "That's when you say one thing when you're actually thinking
about a mother."

I am like that too, except my information is mostly of the useless
variety. ;)

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
October 6th 07, 12:09 AM
Response from gerber >:

> On Oct 4, 11:45 am, wrote:
>> Has anyone had any success at getting their kitty to stop bringing
>> home the bacon? or in my case the chipmunks? I know it's a trophy
>> thing, but really---baby chipmunks are too cute to be found on my
>> doormat everyday. Suggestions?
>
> Thanks everyone for the responses...and believe me, I would keep him
> in the house but my daughter and husband are crazy allergic to cats.
> I found him on my doorstep about 9 yrs ago as a 6" purring cutie. I
> guess I should "find him a good indoor home." He would love to be
> inside. Any takers?

City and State?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Stan Brown
October 7th 07, 01:15 PM
Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:59:26 -0500 from -Lost
>:
> Here is the link for the curious:
>
> http://www.quantumpicture.com/Flo_Control/flo_control.htm

Too cool! Love the pun, too: "Flo control".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/