PDA

View Full Version : how do you scoop Feline Pine?

Elizabeth Blake[_2_]
October 9th 07, 04:18 AM
I ran out of WBCL and went to the crappy supermarket in my neighborhood on
Sunday to pick up some litter (they don't carry WBCL). Their selection was
awful, mostly old fashioned, non-clumping clay litter. They did have Feline
Pine Original so I bought that.

I put the Feline Pine in 1 of the 2 boxes and neither cat seemed interested
in it. Usually they're all over the box if there's something new inside.
They didn't use that box at all yesterday. Today when I got home from work
it was obvious they had been busy. It looked like 1/4 of the pellets had
disintegrated and puffed up. I have a basic plastic scoop and I was trying
to scoop up piles of the fluffy, broken down mess but ended up scooping out
a lot of pellets as well.

Is there a good technique for using this stuff? Or is it like the old
fashined clay stuff, where you just scoop the poop and mix the rest around
so the urine gets absorbed?

--
Liz

Rene S.
October 9th 07, 02:49 PM

> Is there a good technique for using this stuff? Or is it like the old
> fashined clay stuff, where you just scoop the poop and mix the rest around
> so the urine gets absorbed?

Since FP isn't scoopable, it's not as easy to remove the urine
clumps. You could use a large serving spoon to remove the used litter
and add more fresh litter, or you could treat it like the old
fashioned clay and replace the entire box every few days.