PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING!!! - Golden Retriever Nurses Stray Kitten

Persian
October 9th 07, 03:45 PM
A stray kitten has found a new mother in a golden retriever, who began
producing milk for the little feline after hearing its cries.

Honey hadn't given birth in 18 months, but after her owner, Jimmy
Martin, brought home the kitten, she suddenly found herself playing
mom.

"She started licking her and loving her. Within a couple of days,
Honey started naturally lactating," said Kathy Martin, Jimmy's wife.
"The kitten took right to her, and she started nursing her."

Jimmy Martin noticed the kitten, whom the family dubbed "Precious,"
about six weeks ago, when she ran in front of his concrete truck.
After following her and realizing there was no mother cat in sight, he
took her home.

The kitten refused to drink from a bottle, and Jimmy's mother, Ruth
Martin, feared Precious would die.

The family initially tried to keep Precious and Honey apart, fearing
the dog would play too rough with the little gray-striped kitten. But
Honey was elated at Precious' presence, wagging her tail and prancing
all over the house trying to sneak a peak at her. Eventually, the
family let Honey approach Precious, and the dog immediately took to
her.

The Martins said they told a veterinarian about Honey and Precious,
and learned that interspecies nursing does happen on rare occasion.

Precious now sometimes plays with dog bones, and Honey lets Precious
gnaw on her like a puppy would.

"She thinks she's a dog," Kathy Martin said. "She's really fit right
in."

Alex
http://PersianKittenEmpire.Com

dgk
October 10th 07, 01:52 PM
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 07:45:42 -0700, Persian >
wrote:

>A stray kitten has found a new mother in a golden retriever, who began
>producing milk for the little feline after hearing its cries.
>
>Honey hadn't given birth in 18 months, but after her owner, Jimmy
>Martin, brought home the kitten, she suddenly found herself playing
>mom.
>
>"She started licking her and loving her. Within a couple of days,
>Honey started naturally lactating," said Kathy Martin, Jimmy's wife.
>"The kitten took right to her, and she started nursing her."
>
>Jimmy Martin noticed the kitten, whom the family dubbed "Precious,"
>about six weeks ago, when she ran in front of his concrete truck.
>After following her and realizing there was no mother cat in sight, he
>took her home.
>
>The kitten refused to drink from a bottle, and Jimmy's mother, Ruth
>Martin, feared Precious would die.
>
>The family initially tried to keep Precious and Honey apart, fearing
>the dog would play too rough with the little gray-striped kitten. But
>Honey was elated at Precious' presence, wagging her tail and prancing
>all over the house trying to sneak a peak at her. Eventually, the
>family let Honey approach Precious, and the dog immediately took to
>her.
>
>The Martins said they told a veterinarian about Honey and Precious,
>and learned that interspecies nursing does happen on rare occasion.
>
>Precious now sometimes plays with dog bones, and Honey lets Precious
>gnaw on her like a puppy would.
>
>"She thinks she's a dog," Kathy Martin said. "She's really fit right
>in."
>
>Alex
>http://PersianKittenEmpire.Com

One of the strengths of having cats is not having to take them for a
walk on freezing winter days. I hope Precious doesn't get any ideas
about that.