PDA

View Full Version : Gabby is a funny name for a boy.

-Lost
October 14th 07, 12:54 PM
1 month and 1 day ago the cutest, sharpest, most gorgeous all-around
kitten came into my home and after a bit of reluctance I inducted HER
into my home.

After throwing a few names back and forth and NEVER questioning my
spouse at all over the sex of the cat. Especially after I watched
them lift Gabby overhead and thoroughly give the cat a peek, we
decided on GABBY.

Well, I was reading over a response someone gave to one of my threads
and witnessed them refer to Gabby as a HE despite Gabby being an
obviously feminine name.

Then that itch at the back of my brain came back... that gentle
nagging that something was not quite right. So, before I forgot it I
leaped to my feet, grabbed Gabby up and did some thorough inspection.

All this time the dark patches that I mistook for her vagina turned
out to be a scrotum and opening to the urethra. You can see in the
picture I provided that the large dark spot is the scrotum and the
smaller one is the tip.

(ADULT)
Thumb:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6157/gabbystesticlespu7.th.jpg

(ADULT)
Enlarged:
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabbystesticlessm7.jpg

In fairness to the "I'm never wrong" spouse, Gabby's testes are SO
small that I had to actually flip Gabby over and feel. And sure
enough, unless Gabby has a marsupial pouch with two TINY smaller than
a pea-sized marbles in her pouch... Gabby is a dude.

I'll wait a moment for you to stop laughing...

Done? OK. So here we are a month later, my BOY cat knows his name
of Gabby. For example, "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched voice
is "Come get your dinner." And she... er... HE knows it quite well.

What do I do?! Keep calling my boy cat Gabby and let it be a funny
little family secret? Or rename my cat appropriately.

I am thinking Gabby should at the very most be called Mr. Gabby. Or
maybe even GabbyMan. Or something similar...

Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
either my spouse or I are.

Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to sex it
myself.

Hahaha... see ya'.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Buddy's Mom
October 14th 07, 01:33 PM
I sort of remember a man called Gabby Hayes.......so I am thinking
Gabby is an ok name!

On Oct 14, 7:54?am, "-Lost" > wrote:
> 1 month and 1 day ago the cutest, sharpest, most gorgeous all-around
> kitten came into my home and after a bit of reluctance I inducted HER
> into my home.
>
> After throwing a few names back and forth and NEVER questioning my
> spouse at all over the sex of the cat. Especially after I watched
> them lift Gabby overhead and thoroughly give the cat a peek, we
> decided on GABBY.
>
> Well, I was reading over a response someone gave to one of my threads
> and witnessed them refer to Gabby as a HE despite Gabby being an
> obviously feminine name.
>
> Then that itch at the back of my brain came back... that gentle
> nagging that something was not quite right. So, before I forgot it I
> leaped to my feet, grabbed Gabby up and did some thorough inspection.
>
> All this time the dark patches that I mistook for her vagina turned
> out to be a scrotum and opening to the urethra. You can see in the
> picture I provided that the large dark spot is the scrotum and the
> smaller one is the tip.
>
> (ADULT)
> Thumb:http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6157/gabbystesticlespu7.th.jpg
>
> (ADULT)
> Enlarged:http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabbystesticlessm7.jpg
>
> In fairness to the "I'm never wrong" spouse, Gabby's testes are SO
> small that I had to actually flip Gabby over and feel. And sure
> enough, unless Gabby has a marsupial pouch with two TINY smaller than
> a pea-sized marbles in her pouch... Gabby is a dude.
>
> I'll wait a moment for you to stop laughing...

> Done? OK. So here we are a month later, my BOY cat knows his name
> of Gabby. For example, "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched voice
> is "Come get your dinner." And she... er... HE knows it quite well.
>
> What do I do?! Keep calling my boy cat Gabby and let it be a funny
> little family secret? Or rename my cat appropriately.
>
> I am thinking Gabby should at the very most be called Mr. Gabby. Or
> maybe even GabbyMan. Or something similar...
>
> Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
> either my spouse or I are.
>
> Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to sex it
> myself.
>
> Hahaha... see ya'.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

Outsider
October 14th 07, 01:35 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in
:

> 1 month and 1 day ago the cutest, sharpest, most gorgeous all-around
> kitten came into my home and after a bit of reluctance I inducted HER
> into my home.
>
> After throwing a few names back and forth and NEVER questioning my
> spouse at all over the sex of the cat. Especially after I watched
> them lift Gabby overhead and thoroughly give the cat a peek, we
> decided on GABBY.
>
> Well, I was reading over a response someone gave to one of my threads
> and witnessed them refer to Gabby as a HE despite Gabby being an
> obviously feminine name.
>
> Then that itch at the back of my brain came back... that gentle
> nagging that something was not quite right. So, before I forgot it I
> leaped to my feet, grabbed Gabby up and did some thorough inspection.
>
> All this time the dark patches that I mistook for her vagina turned
> out to be a scrotum and opening to the urethra. You can see in the
> picture I provided that the large dark spot is the scrotum and the
> smaller one is the tip.
>
> (ADULT)
> Thumb:
> http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6157/gabbystesticlespu7.th.jpg
>
> (ADULT)
> Enlarged:
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabbystesticlessm7.jpg
>
> In fairness to the "I'm never wrong" spouse, Gabby's testes are SO
> small that I had to actually flip Gabby over and feel. And sure
> enough, unless Gabby has a marsupial pouch with two TINY smaller than
> a pea-sized marbles in her pouch... Gabby is a dude.
>
> I'll wait a moment for you to stop laughing...

> Done? OK. So here we are a month later, my BOY cat knows his name
> of Gabby. For example, "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched voice
> is "Come get your dinner." And she... er... HE knows it quite well.
>
> What do I do?! Keep calling my boy cat Gabby and let it be a funny
> little family secret? Or rename my cat appropriately.
>
> I am thinking Gabby should at the very most be called Mr. Gabby. Or
> maybe even GabbyMan. Or something similar...
>
> Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
> either my spouse or I are.
>
> Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to sex it
> myself.
>
> Hahaha... see ya'.

You never heard of Gabby Hayes?

CatNipped[_2_]
October 14th 07, 02:40 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
>1 month and 1 day ago the cutest, sharpest, most gorgeous all-around
> kitten came into my home and after a bit of reluctance I inducted HER
> into my home.
>
> After throwing a few names back and forth and NEVER questioning my
> spouse at all over the sex of the cat. Especially after I watched
> them lift Gabby overhead and thoroughly give the cat a peek, we
> decided on GABBY.
>
> Well, I was reading over a response someone gave to one of my threads
> and witnessed them refer to Gabby as a HE despite Gabby being an
> obviously feminine name.
>
> Then that itch at the back of my brain came back... that gentle
> nagging that something was not quite right. So, before I forgot it I
> leaped to my feet, grabbed Gabby up and did some thorough inspection.
>
> All this time the dark patches that I mistook for her vagina turned
> out to be a scrotum and opening to the urethra. You can see in the
> picture I provided that the large dark spot is the scrotum and the
> smaller one is the tip.
>
> (ADULT)
> Thumb:
> http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6157/gabbystesticlespu7.th.jpg
>
> (ADULT)
> Enlarged:
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabbystesticlessm7.jpg
>
> In fairness to the "I'm never wrong" spouse, Gabby's testes are SO
> small that I had to actually flip Gabby over and feel. And sure
> enough, unless Gabby has a marsupial pouch with two TINY smaller than
> a pea-sized marbles in her pouch... Gabby is a dude.
>
> I'll wait a moment for you to stop laughing...

> Done? OK. So here we are a month later, my BOY cat knows his name
> of Gabby. For example, "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched voice
> is "Come get your dinner." And she... er... HE knows it quite well.
>
> What do I do?! Keep calling my boy cat Gabby and let it be a funny
> little family secret? Or rename my cat appropriately.
>
> I am thinking Gabby should at the very most be called Mr. Gabby. Or
> maybe even GabbyMan. Or something similar...
>
> Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
> either my spouse or I are.
>
> Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to sex it
> myself.
>
> Hahaha... see ya'.

OK, go easy on yourself - sexing a kitten is pretty hard, even vets get it
wrong sometimes (the quickie way to judge is the punctuation mark method - a
girl cat has a semi-colon, ; and a boy cat has a colon :.

And in my other post I suggested "Gabriel" for a name calling him "Gabe" for
short - and believe it or not there are Gabriels out there whose nickname is
Gabby, so I think you're OK. ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

MaryL
October 14th 07, 03:36 PM
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I sort of remember a man called Gabby Hayes.......so I am thinking
> Gabby is an ok name!

Yes, Gabby Hayes was a "sidekick" in a series of wester movies in the 1940s,
most often with Roy Rogers. Gabby Hayes definitely would not fit the OP's
description of "gorgeous," though.

MaryL

Lesley
October 14th 07, 05:22 PM
On 14 Oct, 06:40, "CatNipped" > wrote:

> OK, go easy on yourself - sexing a kitten is pretty hard, even vets get it
> wrong sometimes >

There is reason we sometimes call the girls Dunzi and Sarsi Fella! The
trouble is line drawings in a book aren't much help when it comes to
sexing kittens, especially if you're trying to check a struggling
kitten who plainly wonders why you want to inspect those bits of them
unless you're the sort of Hoomin mum warned us about!

So we weren't sure but did we really want to spend the first day with
them, trying to hold them down and inspect their privates? We checked
they were both the same at the rear end and just assumed they were
boys. Even through we had asked for girls but the woman who had their
mum didn't seem to know much about cats....she'd never had one
before..so there we are slaves for 20 years and someone who'd been a
slave for only a few months got it right and we didn't! Then again
maybe she looked closer!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

mlbriggs
October 14th 07, 07:05 PM
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:54:02 -0500, -Lost wrote:

> 1 month and 1 day ago the cutest, sharpest, most gorgeous all-around
> kitten came into my home and after a bit of reluctance I inducted HER
> into my home.
>
> After throwing a few names back and forth and NEVER questioning my
> spouse at all over the sex of the cat. Especially after I watched
> them lift Gabby overhead and thoroughly give the cat a peek, we
> decided on GABBY.
>
> Well, I was reading over a response someone gave to one of my threads
> and witnessed them refer to Gabby as a HE despite Gabby being an
> obviously feminine name.
>
> Then that itch at the back of my brain came back... that gentle
> nagging that something was not quite right. So, before I forgot it I
> leaped to my feet, grabbed Gabby up and did some thorough inspection.
>
> All this time the dark patches that I mistook for her vagina turned
> out to be a scrotum and opening to the urethra. You can see in the
> picture I provided that the large dark spot is the scrotum and the
> smaller one is the tip.
>
> (ADULT)
> Thumb:
> http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6157/gabbystesticlespu7.th.jpg
>
> (ADULT)
> Enlarged:
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabbystesticlessm7.jpg
>
> In fairness to the "I'm never wrong" spouse, Gabby's testes are SO
> small that I had to actually flip Gabby over and feel. And sure
> enough, unless Gabby has a marsupial pouch with two TINY smaller than
> a pea-sized marbles in her pouch... Gabby is a dude.
>
> I'll wait a moment for you to stop laughing...

> Done? OK. So here we are a month later, my BOY cat knows his name
> of Gabby. For example, "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched voice
> is "Come get your dinner." And she... er... HE knows it quite well.
>
> What do I do?! Keep calling my boy cat Gabby and let it be a funny
> little family secret? Or rename my cat appropriately.
>
> I am thinking Gabby should at the very most be called Mr. Gabby. Or
> maybe even GabbyMan. Or something similar...
>
> Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
> either my spouse or I are.
>
> Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to sex it
> myself.
>
> Hahaha... see ya'.

Long ago, I knew a human man named Gabby. It was short for his last
name " Gabellini". I believe it is a common name in Italy. He was a
handsome man but went to the Bridge in his mid life. IMHO he would have
enjoyed a cat named after him. MLB

-Lost
October 15th 07, 02:09 AM
Response from "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>:

> "Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>I sort of remember a man called Gabby Hayes.......so I am thinking
>> Gabby is an ok name!
>
> Yes, Gabby Hayes was a "sidekick" in a series of wester movies in
> the 1940s, most often with Roy Rogers. Gabby Hayes definitely
> would not fit the OP's description of "gorgeous," though.

Ah yes, I think I know of him. George Hayes. I didn't know he was
called Gabby. That's great.

We had already discussed other options like CatNipped and cindys
suggestion of Gabriel. After I read all the posts though, we are
fairly sure it's going to stay Gabby.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
October 15th 07, 02:10 AM
Response from Outsider >:

> You never heard of Gabby Hayes?

I have now! I knew of that actor I believe, but didn't know he was
called Gabby.

I guess it stays Gabby. : )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
October 15th 07, 02:11 AM
Response from "cindys" >:

> Gabby could be a nickname for "Gabriel" (who of course is an angel
> :-). I just assumed (until now) that you had actually named the
> kitten Gabrielle or Gabriella and were calling her "Gabby" as a
> nickname. Now that you know Gabby is a boy, if the name really
> bothers you, you could call him "Gabe" or "Gabey."
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I am fairly certain the spouse was shooting for Gabriella, although I
never really asked. They just said "How about Gabby?" And we ran with
it.

After hearing that Gabby isn't so strange a name for a boy, I think
we're going to keep it that way. Of course, I do believe it stands for
Gabriel definitely. : )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
October 15th 07, 02:18 AM
Response from "CatNipped" >:

>> Opinions? Feel free to let me know how big of a dork you think
>> either my spouse or I are.
>>
>> Next time an animal comes into this house I DEFINITELY know to
>> sex it myself.
>>
>> Hahaha... see ya'.
>
> OK, go easy on yourself - sexing a kitten is pretty hard, even
> vets get it wrong sometimes (the quickie way to judge is the
> punctuation mark method - a girl cat has a semi-colon, ; and a boy
> cat has a colon :.

Haha, OK, will do. I am not entirely sure I understand the
punctuation method, but I *THINK* I get it.

> And in my other post I suggested "Gabriel" for a name calling him
> "Gabe" for short - and believe it or not there are Gabriels out
> there whose nickname is Gabby, so I think you're OK. ;>

Yep, that is what *I* am going with. The spouse is just dumbfounded
our girl kitty has testicles. HAHA! I woke them up about 9AM this
morning and said, "Something is wrong with Gabby, come help!"

They crawled out of bed and I held Gabby while I had them feel
Gabby's "growth." Believe it or not, they had NO clue what I was on
about. They said, "What I don't I feel anything?"

I said, "Oh... you tellin' me you cannot feel Gabby's nuts?"

Jaw dropped. "Gabby's a boy?" HAHAHAHA! It was so funny seeing
blurry-eyed spouse trying to blink boy parts into view.

OK, enough cat anatomy. : )

Thanks for the suggestion, CatNipped. Gabby (Gabriel) gets to keep
HIS name.

This first month of cat ownership has been a VERY interesting roller
coaster ride to say the least.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.