PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with my dwarf hamster?


Bunny
October 15th 07, 11:22 PM
My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side

cybercat
October 16th 07, 12:10 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Bunny" >
>
> And this has what to do with cats hence rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may have
been bitten by a cat.

Outsider
October 16th 07, 12:45 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in :

>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "Bunny" >
>>
>> And this has what to do with cats hence rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>
> Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may
> have been bitten by a cat.
>
>
>

The hamster or the poster?

Claude V. Lucas
October 16th 07, 01:23 AM
In article . com>,
Bunny > wrote:
>My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
>was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
>she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
>somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
>but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
>the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
>Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side
>

Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape

mlbriggs
October 16th 07, 01:38 AM
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:10:28 -0400, cybercat wrote:

>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ...
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may have
> been bitten by a cat.


There is one on hamsters. I used to read it.
I went through the "hamster experience" when my son was about 10 years old.
No more hamsters for us. MLB

cybercat
October 16th 07, 01:39 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote
> There is one on hamsters. I used to read it.
> I went through the "hamster experience" when my son was about 10 years
> old.
> No more hamsters for us.

Yes. The short life span. A blonde hamster named Almustafa
broke my heart when I was a child. It was wet tail.

mlbriggs
October 16th 07, 01:50 AM
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:37 -0400, cybercat wrote:

>
> "mlbriggs" > wrote
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Yes. The short life span. A blonde hamster named Almustafa
> broke my heart when I was a child. It was wet tail.
-----
Two hamsters living together equal disaster! I found one dead after about
a week. The other one chewed its wooden platform and apparently got
splinters in its intestines. It then chewed it hind end until it bled
badly. I had to put it down. No more hamsters! MLB









































two of them together equals disaster. One of ours just laid down and died
as far as I could tell. The other one chewed the wooden platform in its
cage and apparently got splinters in its intestines. It chewed at its
bottom and it bled so badly I had to euthanise it. No more hamsters. MLB

Claude V. Lucas
October 16th 07, 01:58 AM
In article >,
Matthew > wrote:
>
>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
...
>> In article . com>,
>> Bunny > wrote:
>>>My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
>>>was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
>>>she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
>>>somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
>>>but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
>>>the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
>>>Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side
>>>
>>
>> Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape
>
>Now how would you know about that ;-)
>
>

Looked up groups containing the word "hamster"

That one seemed appropriate for the OP.

Are you a regular there? LOL.

Claude V. Lucas
October 16th 07, 02:29 AM
In article >,
Matthew > wrote:
>
>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
...
>> In article >,
>> Matthew > wrote:
>>>
>>>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
...
>>>> In article . com>,
>>>> Bunny > wrote:
>>>>>My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
>>>>>was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
>>>>>she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
>>>>>somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
>>>>>but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
>>>>>the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
>>>>>Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape
>>>
>>>Now how would you know about that ;-)
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Looked up groups containing the word "hamster"
>>
>> That one seemed appropriate for the OP.
>>
>> Are you a regular there? LOL.
>
>Nope the only thing going near my [email protected]@ is TP maybe some preparation H after a
>Mexican meal ;-)
>
>

That's probably a bit more detail than I really needed,
but thanks, I think.

Outsider
October 16th 07, 08:34 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in
:


I ain't know cheap date like
> Cybercat is ;-)
>
> LOL



Oh oh, now you are in for it!

Andy