PDA

View Full Version : Change in behavious after vaccination?

Mike R
October 21st 07, 11:27 AM
Hi All,

We have 2 kittens, approx. 14 wks old, male and female (brother and sister).
They have just had their second course of vaccinations 5 days ago. The male
is back to his usual self - paws into everthing etc.... however, the female
appears to be very quiet, doesnt want to play, sleeps most of the time. This
is totally the opposite of what she was before the vaccination. She is
eating and drinking water.

It is usual for kittens to take a week to recover from the vaccination? if
there is no "playful" signs by Tuesday will will take her back to the VET
for a checkup.

Thanks

Mike

blkcatgal
October 21st 07, 03:24 PM
It is a bit unusual that your cat is not acting normal by now. I'd
definitely have your vet check her. She may be experiencing a reaction to
the shots. I would try to go sooner than Tues. if you can. My cat has had
reactions to vaccinations which required him getting a shot of a steroid to
counteract the reaction to the vaccination.

S.

"Mike R" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> We have 2 kittens, approx. 14 wks old, male and female (brother and
> sister). They have just had their second course of vaccinations 5 days
> ago. The male is back to his usual self - paws into everthing etc....
> however, the female appears to be very quiet, doesnt want to play, sleeps
> most of the time. This is totally the opposite of what she was before the
> vaccination. She is eating and drinking water.
>
> It is usual for kittens to take a week to recover from the vaccination? if
> there is no "playful" signs by Tuesday will will take her back to the VET
> for a checkup.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Mike R
October 21st 07, 03:45 PM
Hi,

yes, we thought that this morning and took her to the vet. She had a
temperature so she gave her something to bring this down and we are taking
her back tomorrow morning for a check up.

Kind Regards

Mike

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> It is a bit unusual that your cat is not acting normal by now. I'd
> definitely have your vet check her. She may be experiencing a reaction to
> the shots. I would try to go sooner than Tues. if you can. My cat has
> had reactions to vaccinations which required him getting a shot of a
> steroid to counteract the reaction to the vaccination.
>
> S.
>

> "Mike R" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have 2 kittens, approx. 14 wks old, male and female (brother and
>> sister). They have just had their second course of vaccinations 5 days
>> ago. The male is back to his usual self - paws into everthing etc....
>> however, the female appears to be very quiet, doesnt want to play, sleeps
>> most of the time. This is totally the opposite of what she was before the
>> vaccination. She is eating and drinking water.
>>
>> It is usual for kittens to take a week to recover from the vaccination?
>> if there is no "playful" signs by Tuesday will will take her back to the
>> VET for a checkup.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike

PawsForThought
October 23rd 07, 03:40 PM
Hi Mike,
You might want to check out this excellent website to learn more about
vaccines:

www.catshots.com