PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Cats?

CatNipped[_2_]
October 23rd 07, 04:50 PM
Have any of you guys seen a Savannah cat? They're bred from the African
Serval cat - and they're almost as big! I think I'd be a little afraid to
have one of these guys, especially if I had children. Here's a picture I
found, but there are ads in Cat Fancy magazine that show some bigger than
this.

http://www.joykatz.net/savannahs/juju.jpg

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
October 23rd 07, 06:36 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> That would be a definite exotic cat and need a license to have. I would
> never have one around smaller cats or children. Breed from an exotic or
> not still have the wild in them somehow someway
>

> Beautiful furball though

really. This one looks sweet, too.

Sherry
October 23rd 07, 09:16 PM
On Oct 23, 10:50 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Have any of you guys seen a Savannah cat? They're bred from the African
> Serval cat - and they're almost as big! I think I'd be a little afraid to
> have one of these guys, especially if I had children. Here's a picture I
> found, but there are ads in Cat Fancy magazine that show some bigger than
> this.
>
> http://www.joykatz.net/savannahs/juju.jpg
>
> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Heh. Don't be surprised if you get hate mail from the lurking Serval
breeder. I did.

Sherry

December 10th 07, 04:37 PM
Hi CatNipped...

Just came across this email string and wanted to comment.

JuJu is a Serval, not a Savannah. Yes, there are some servals bigger
than JuJu, but any offspring of a serval has been smaller than the
serval. When you get three or four generations away from the serval
parent, the offspring are jusst about the same size as normal house
cats.

Here is a site where you (and others) can learn more about Savannahs.
http://www.kasbahcattery.com/aboutus.htm

I have a male Savannah. He's truly a gem - just love him to pieces.
I also have two children and he is the greatest with them.

All the best!

p.s. A few other sites to look at as well:
http://www.savannahcat.com/news.htm
http://www.savannahcat.com/savannah.htm

Sheelagh>\o\
December 10th 07, 05:13 PM
On 10 Dec, 16:37, wrote:
> Hi CatNipped...
>
> Just came across this email string and wanted to comment.
>
> JuJu is a Serval, not a Savannah. Yes, there are some servals bigger
> than JuJu, but any offspring of a serval has been smaller than the
> serval. When you get three or four generations away from the serval
> parent, the offspring are jusst about the same size as normal house
> cats.
>
> Here is a site where you (and others) can learn more about Savannahs.http://www.kasbahcattery.com/aboutus.htm
>
> I have a male Savannah. He's truly a gem - just love him to pieces.
> I also have two children and he is the greatest with them.
>
> All the best!
>
> p.s. A few other sites to look at as well:http://www.savannahcat.com/news.htmhttp://www.savannahcat.com/savannah.htm

Interesting name :o)

Did you know that JuJu actually means witch Doctor in Creole?
(West Africa, Sierra Leone)
It's an unusual name, but I like the sound of it :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<

CatNipped[_2_]
December 10th 07, 06:31 PM
> wrote in message
> Hi CatNipped...
>
> Just came across this email string and wanted to comment.
>
> JuJu is a Serval, not a Savannah. Yes, there are some servals bigger
> than JuJu, but any offspring of a serval has been smaller than the
> serval. When you get three or four generations away from the serval
> parent, the offspring are jusst about the same size as normal house
> cats.
>
> Here is a site where you (and others) can learn more about Savannahs.
> http://www.kasbahcattery.com/aboutus.htm
>
> I have a male Savannah. He's truly a gem - just love him to pieces.
> I also have two children and he is the greatest with them.
>
> All the best!
>
> p.s. A few other sites to look at as well:
> http://www.savannahcat.com/news.htm
> http://www.savannahcat.com/savannah.htm

Those don't look as big as the ones I saw in Cat Fancy magazine - those were
as big as one of the children holding them! I'd have to be just a little
bit nervous about a cat around my children who could kill my children. Cats
have been domesticated a lot less longer than dogs, and some dogs kill
children!

Hugs,

CatNipped