PDA

View Full Version : Behavior issue after spay

loozyab@gmail.com
October 23rd 07, 08:40 PM
Hello. I recently took my cat to an animal hospital and got her shots
& spayed. After the surgery, she has had an issue with peeing outside
the litter box. She still goes in the litter most of the time. Is it
possible that the issue is related to the surgery? Any help
appreciated. Thanks, Paul

supercat
October 23rd 07, 08:59 PM
On Oct 23, 8:40 pm, wrote:
> Hello. I recently took my cat to an animal hospital and got her shots
> & spayed. After the surgery, she has had an issue with peeing outside
> the litter box. She still goes in the litter most of the time. Is it
> possible that the issue is related to the surgery? Any help
> appreciated. Thanks, Paul

HI Paul,
Do you mean, near, or in another room from your litter box?
Its important for any kind of diag.
Tim.

John Doe
October 24th 07, 01:01 AM
wrote:

> Hello. I recently took my cat to an animal hospital and got her
> shots & spayed.

Cool. How has it affected her behavior otherwise?
Just curious.

> After the surgery, she has had an issue with
> peeing outside the litter box. She still goes in the litter most
> of the time. Is it possible that the issue is related to the
> surgery? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Just in case you didn't already know, key points IMO about the
litter box area.

The litter box area is the most critical/sensitive area, it's what
distinguishes cats from other pets (AFAIK, even supposedly
intelligent monkeys). Always be kind to your cat around the litter
box area. If you're cat were uncomfortable outside it would just go
to a different area.

Keep the litter box area clean. All-purpose cleaner and recycled
paper towels work well (like paper towels that have been used for
soaking up water, but not used for chemical/biological purposes).
Always keep the platform and sides of the litter box clean so your
cat doesn't smell stuff there. You might find plastic grass doormats
good for underneath (or around) the litter box area, and they are
easy to shake out and clean with spray cleaner and then a garden
hose sprayer (if that is available to you).

Good luck.

Rene S.
October 24th 07, 02:20 PM
On Oct 23, 9:40 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> Hello. I recently took my cat to an animal hospital and got her shots
> > & spayed. After the surgery, she has had an issue with peeing outside
> > the litter box. She still goes in the litter most of the time. Is it
> > possible that the issue is related to the surgery? Any help
> > appreciated. Thanks, Paul
>
> --------
> Have you had her checked for a urinary tract infection?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

That, of course, was my first question. My other question was how
recently was this done? Is it possible the stitches hurt her to get
inside the litter box? If she was spayed a couple of weeks ago, this
is not the problem, but if it was only a day or two ago, I'd try using
a box with very low sides to see if that helps.

loozyab@gmail.com
October 24th 07, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the responses, I will try to address them all.
- Her general behavior/personality has not changed.
- I'm good about keeping the litter box & area clean. This has
happened weeks after the surgery and after stitches were removed.
- She poops in the litter box, but is not always peeing in it. She
has peed in different spots (my bed, a pillow on the window sill, and
on clean clothes on a couch - all different rooms)
- I'm not 100% certain, but I do not believe she squatted when she
peed.
- She is the new cat in the house, and my old cat is somewhat
aggressive. I was keeping the new cat in a room and supervising
interactions in the evenings. I keep her litter box on the opposite
end of the room from where I have her food.
- I have not gotten her checked for urinary tract infection, I should
do this. Thanks. However, she did not have this problem before her
surgery, so I wonder if getting her spayed has caused some internal
damage that affects her bladder.

CatNipped[_2_]
October 24th 07, 04:52 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you for the responses, I will try to address them all.
> - Her general behavior/personality has not changed.
> - I'm good about keeping the litter box & area clean. This has
> happened weeks after the surgery and after stitches were removed.
> - She poops in the litter box, but is not always peeing in it. She
> has peed in different spots (my bed, a pillow on the window sill, and
> on clean clothes on a couch - all different rooms)
> - I'm not 100% certain, but I do not believe she squatted when she
> peed.
> - She is the new cat in the house, and my old cat is somewhat
> aggressive. I was keeping the new cat in a room and supervising
> interactions in the evenings. I keep her litter box on the opposite
> end of the room from where I have her food.
> - I have not gotten her checked for urinary tract infection, I should
> do this. Thanks. However, she did not have this problem before her
> surgery, so I wonder if getting her spayed has caused some internal
> damage that affects her bladder.

The most likely cause of this is UTI (which are very common), with "new cat
introduction" issues being a close second. As often as vets do spays I'd
opt for the UTI before suspecting that there was damage to her bladder
during the surgery. UTIs are pretty easy for a vet to diagnose, they can
take a urine sample with a catheter at the office and they have the
equipment there to test for bacteria and make an immediate diagnosis.

You don't specify whether you're male or female, but most women know how
extremely painful UTIs can be. If your cat has a UTI she may associate the
pain of urination with her litter box so avoids the litter box when she has
to urinate but not defecate.

Hugs,

CatNipped

John Doe
October 25th 07, 04:39 AM
wrote:

> - She is the new cat in the house, and my old cat is somewhat
> aggressive. I was keeping the new cat in a room and supervising
> interactions in the evenings. I keep her litter box on the
> opposite end of the room from where I have her food.

I've been taking care of cats for a long time, but my experience
isn't nearly as expensive as some. What you just described appears
to be the rule. You might have to keep them separated indefinitely,
sad but a real possibility. If I were you, I would clip the
aggressor's claws. The way I see it, there is a real problem with
cats that don't get along inside. As a general rule, I take into
consideration the fact that outside a cat can run away from
something they don't like. Inside they are stuck. That inability to
run away probably causes a lot of stress in a hostile situation.

Good luck.

wayofcats@gmail.com
October 27th 07, 05:33 AM
On Oct 24, 8:39 pm, John Doe > wrote:
> wrote:
> > - She is the new cat in the house, and my old cat is somewhat
> > aggressive. I was keeping the new cat in a room and supervising
> > interactions in the evenings. I keep her litter box on the
> > opposite end of the room from where I have her food.
>
> I've been taking care of cats for a long time, but my experience
> isn't nearly as expensive as some. What you just described appears
> to be the rule. You might have to keep them separated indefinitely,
> sad but a real possibility. If I were you, I would clip the
> aggressor's claws. The way I see it, there is a real problem with
> cats that don't get along inside. As a general rule, I take into
> consideration the fact that outside a cat can run away from
> something they don't like. Inside they are stuck. That inability to
> run away probably causes a lot of stress in a hostile situation.
>
> Good luck.

The new cat could handle the aggression of the old cat, until the
operation sapped her strength. If she checks out okay with medical
issues, then it's inter-cat dislike.

Offer treats and food while insisting they both attend. Let them
associate each other with good times.

If one is always passive and the other playful, try to urge one to
pick up the dominant mood of the other. If you can get rowdy cat to
enjoy a petting session, try to get the other one in on it (helps with
another person) so they are both lapsitting, or both playing, at the
same time. See if they regard each other better if they see the other
cat is not so different.

John Doe
October 27th 07, 11:44 AM
wrote:

> On Oct 24, 8:39 pm, John Doe > wrote:
>> wrote:

>> > - She is the new cat in the house, and my old cat is somewhat
>> > aggressive. I was keeping the new cat in a room and
>> > supervising interactions in the evenings. I keep her litter
>> > box on the opposite end of the room from where I have her food.

The old cat is probably jealous. It might take a while. Good luck.

> The new cat could handle the aggression of the old cat, until the
> operation sapped her strength.

Seems to me that cats operate on a significant if not high emotional
level. Handling the aggression isn't all physical.

> If she checks out okay with medical issues, then it's inter-cat
> dislike.

Being unable to get away from what one doesn't like can be a major
problem.

> Offer treats and food while insisting they both attend. Let them
> associate each other with good times.

Unless the old cat is beating up on the new cat while she is away.
By the way. A digital camera that can take movies can be a good way
to gather behavioral information when you aren't there.

> If one is always passive and the other playful, try to urge one to
> pick up the dominant mood of the other.

Playful isn't the same as dominant.

mmarkoe@optonline.net[_2_]
October 30th 07, 07:56 PM
John Doe, aka Mark Bender, has been spamming many other user groups. I
thought it would be interesting to see what a criminal low life he is.
He was arrested twice for Domestic Violence and was sued into abject
poverty in private lawsuit.

Martin

29-10947 Mark
O. Bender
7/25/2007
Dossier

REQUEST OF CLIENT

On July 24, 2007, Martin Markoe with eMicrophones, Inc. contacted
XXXX
& Associates, with the request for a full background/dossier on Mr.
Mark O. Bender.

SUMMARY OF INVESTIGATION

Our office found Mr. Mark Bender's current address is 509 Frost, SATX
78201, to be owned by Ms. Gloria Trevino. There are many rental homes
in this area. Mr. Bender has never owned property. He does not own a
vehicle. He doesn't have a TX Driver's license. He does have a TX
State ID. He has been arrested twice for Assault/Family/Domestic
Violence. Both charges were dismissed. There is a possibility that
the
"Mark Bender" named in the Bexar County Civil case for damages could
be the same Mark Orrin Bender with in this report. The court
documents
would to be ordered at any additional cost to the client.

Custom Comprehensive Report
Date: 07/24/07

Report processed by:
KELMAR AND ASSOCIATES M16489
2553 JACKSON KELLER STE 200
San Antonio, TX 78230
(210) 342-0509 Main Phone
(210) 342-0731 Fax Report Legend:
- Shared Address
- Deceased
- Probable Current Address

Subject Information:
Name: MARK ORRIN BENDER DOB:01/22/1957
SSN: 507-82-xxxx issued in Nebraska between 01/01/1972 and
12/31/1973
Age: 50

Others Associated With Subjects SSN:
(DOES NOT usually indicate any type of fraud or deception)
[None Found]

Comprehensive Report Summary: (Click on Link to see detail)
Names Associated With Subject:
None Found
Others Associated With Subjects SSN:
None Found
Bankruptcies:
None Found
Liens and Judgments:
None Found
UCC Filings:
None Found
People at Work:
None Found
Driver's License:
None Found
Address(es) Found:
1 Verified and 5 Non-Verified Found
Possible Properties Owned:
None Found
Motor Vehicles Registered:
None Found
Watercraft:
None Found
FAA Certifications:
None Found
FAA Aircrafts:
None Found
Possible Criminal Records:
1 Found
Sexual Offenses:
None Found
Professional Licenses:
None Found
Voter Registration:
1 Found
Hunting/Fishing Permit:
None Found
Concealed Weapons Permit:
None Found
Possible Associates:
None Found
Possible Relatives:
1st Degree - None Found
2nd Degree - None Found
3rd Degree - None Found
Neighbors:
1st Neighborhood - 3 Found
2nd Neighborhood - None Found
3rd Neighborhood - 2 Found

Bankruptcies:
[None Found]

Liens and Judgments:
[None Found]

UCC Filings:
[None Found]

People at Work:
[None Found]

Driver's License/State ID Information:

Texas ID Detail:

Name
BENDER,MARK ORRIN License number
20826255 Address
5320 BLANCO #1803 DOB
Jan 22 1957
Class
I City/Zip
SAN ANTONIO 78216 Last transaction date
Apr 9 2003 Last transaction
Original, not permit or MRDL

Above information as provided by state - Our annotations are below
Address (click to find others)
5320 Blanco Rd Apt 1803
City/State/Zip (click to find others)
San Antonio , TX 78216-7052

Address Summary:
509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY (Nov 2005
-
May 2007)
4210 309 APT B, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201, BEXAR COUNTY (Dec 2002 -
Oct 2003)
4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B309, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-1912,
BEXAR COUNTY (Jan 1991 - Jan 1999)
5347 BLANCO RD APT B8, SAN ANTONIO TX 78216-7027, BEXAR COUNTY
(Apr 1986 - Dec 1992)
4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B316, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-1914,
BEXAR COUNTY
7458 LOUIS PASTEUR DR APT 701, SAN ANTONIO TX 78229-4517,
BEXAR
COUNTY

Active Address(es):
MARK O BENDER - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-3347, BEXAR
COUNTY (Nov 2005 - May 2007)
Current phones listed at this address:
BENDER MARK (210) 734-3107
TREVINO MICHELLE (210) 736-5743
Property Ownership Information for this Address
Property:
Parcel Number - 08441-026-0240
Lot Number - 24
Owner Name 1 - TREVINO GLORIA C
Address - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX
78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY
Owner's Address - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY
Land Usage - SFR
Total Value - $79,610
Land Value - $13,230
Improvement Value - $66,380
Land Size - 9,000
Year Built - 1926
Homestead Exemption - YES
Exterior Walls - STUCCO
Roof Type - ASPHALT SHINGLE
Air Conditioning - AC.CENTRAL
Heating - FORCED AIR
Sale Price - $0
Legal Description - NCB 8441 BLK 26 LOT
24 & 25 & 26
Data Source - A
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 37
Median Household Income: $38,438
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $47,100
Average Years of Education: 10

Previous And Non-Verified Address(es):
MARK ORRIN BENDER - 4210 309 APT B, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201,
BEXAR COUNTY (Dec 2002 - Oct 2003)
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 30
Median Household Income: $32,417
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $50,100
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B309, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-1912, BEXAR COUNTY (Jan 1991 - Jan 1999)
SANTA FE PLACE (210) 735-8767
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 32
Median Household Income: $18,304
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $91,300
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 5347 BLANCO RD APT B8, SAN ANTONIO TX
78216-7027, BEXAR COUNTY (Apr 1986 - Dec 1992)
NIMITZ APARTMENTS (210) 341-5285
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 29
Median Household Income: $23,611
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $65,500
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B316, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-1914, BEXAR COUNTY
SANTA FE PLACE (210) 735-8767
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 32
Median Household Income: $18,304
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $91,300
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 7458 LOUIS PASTEUR DR APT 701, SAN ANTONIO TX
78229-4517, BEXAR COUNTY
SAN ANTONIO STATION (210) 614-3679
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 41
Median Household Income: $31,783
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $111,800
Average Years of Education: 14

Possible Properties Owned by Subject:
[None Found]

Motor Vehicles Registered To Subject:
[None Found]

Possible Criminal Records:
Texas Arrest Report:
Name: MARK BEDNER
SSN: 507-82-xxxx
Address: 5200 BLANCO RD 407, SAN ANTONIO TX 78216-7074
State of Origin: Texas
County of Origin: Bexar
Party Status: REL'D ON P-R BOND
DOB: 01/22/1957
Race: White
Sex: Male
Eyes: BLUE
Height: 5' 06"
Weight: 160

Arrests:
Arrest #1
Case Type:
Arrest Date: 01/25/1987
Arresting Agency:
Arrest Type:
Arrest Disposition Date: 01/25/1987
Court Fine: Offense: ASSAULT-BODILY INJURY
Arrest Statute:
Agency Case #: 366381
Arrest Level/Degree: Class A Misdemeanor
Arrest Disposition: BOOKED

CASE NUMBER 366381 displayed
successfully
Bexar County Criminal Justice Information System
07/24/2007
Texas Case Page
10:46:19

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----
Court Case Number Defendant Name
Date of
CR7 366381 BEDNER,
MARK Birth

01/22/1957
Offense Description Level Sex:
MALE
02/21/1986 ASSAULT-BODILY INJURY MA Race:
WHITE
Location :
CLOSED
Last Setting: Grand Jury: 05/13/1986
FILED
Case Status: 06/29/1987 *** JN CLOSED
***
Disposition : 06/29/1987 DSMD-INTRST
JUSTCE

Judgement :
Bond: CLS 06/29/1987
1500.00
Start: End: By: BAIL BONDS,
PERSONAL

Defense Attorneys Bar Number Yrs Mo Dy
Hrs
MIKE HERVEY 9546500
Term:

Fine:
Court
Cost:

CASE NUMBER 348742 displayed
successfully
Bexar County Criminal Justice Information System
07/25/2007
Texas Case Page
09:57:05
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----
Court Case Number Defendant Name
Date of
CR7 348742 BEDNER, MARK
Birth

01/22/1957
Offense Description

cybercat
October 30th 07, 09:41 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
John Doe, aka Mark Bender
[snip blah blah blah]

I think he's an asshole, but you are clearly the bigger asshole. Get some
sort of life. Begin by backing away from the computer.

John Doe
October 31st 07, 04:53 PM
The user's network (USENET) is a huge collection of noncommercial
unmoderated forums for discussion of every topic known to man (and
woman). Many newsgroups like (comp.speech.users) are for users
discussing speech recognition and providing technical help to other
users.

Advertising a commercial web site in the speech-recognition group is
prohibited. Microphone sellers like Martin Markoe should show respect
(if that were possible) for other sellers and regular users of
speech-recognition by following the rules:

.... in the body of his post, he should not include a link to a
commercial web site if he has any commercial interest in that web
site.

.... if he includes a signature, he should keep it to four lines or
less.

.... he may include links to his commercial web site in a signature.

Otherwise, the malicious spammer Martin Markoe gets into a dispute
with a competing vendor and starts littering his posts with links to
his commercial web site. That abuse of the unmoderated
speech-recognition group frustrates other vendors and annoys
speech-recognition users.

Commercial web site operators are welcome to offer help, but we have
limitations on advertising here in technical help groups on the
unmoderated USENET in order to keep the discussion focused on users
and to keep it from disintegrating into a commercial dogfight.

Martin Markoe (from eMicrophones, Inc) harasses and stalks others, and
he violates the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do with
his malicious practices. By itself, Martin Markoe's willingness to
push microphones on disabled users (whose problems usually have
nothing to do with a microphone) provides insight into Martin's
malicious character.

Anyone can express his (or her) opinion here on USENET, but
advertising is not allowed except in groups specifically labeled for
selling things like *forsale* and *marketplace*.

Following are a few quotes to help illustrate the annoyance and
frustration spam from Martin Markoe (of eMicrophones, Inc) can cause
for users seeking help in the speech users group and why advertising
is prohibited on USENET with explicitly labeled exceptions.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/3becc9fa6c340ffc?

You are not a technologist. You sell microphones.

Marty, how come whenever someone disagrees with you, you get into this
high school urinating contest mode? Actually I can't find your
credentials anywhere either, except as a guy selling something.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/473a2b3f9dd6a0f0?

Man you really are full of yourself! Just leave me alone. I asked you
a question. Silly me, I wanted to know what I was buying before I
bought it. How absurd! I then get email after email after email from
you telling me that you won't answer my question and trying to justify
it. Lets cut the crap. You won't answer my question. I won't buy from
you. So now go away and let me get USEFUL information from someone who
will be honest with me instead of evasive, devisive and insulting!

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/d256b8b7563712e9?

More importantly I am not here touting my business. A position which
makes anything you say suspect, doesn't it.

I have been watching this group for a long time and you have managed
to turn it into the eMicrophones, Inc. mail list. Almost no one with
expertise posts here any longer.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/6014c0e38032578f?

Is anyone else beyond annoyed with the two pathetically desperate
"small business owners" that have driven this group into the ground?

I subscribed 6 months ago hoping to learn something about the
"state-of-the-art" in voice recognition from the user's perspective.

All I've managed to learn is that most users are apparently being
ripped off by over-charging slimy weaseloid microphone hawkers.

Martin Markoe and Mr. "speaktoyourpc.com", I beg you to consider the
number of potential customers you're ****ing off before you further
demonstrate your witlessness by posting again. Your childish
King-of-the-Group games should've stopped a loooong time ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/3b57c2d47a1d5994?

Well said...Refreshing.

[That in response to the prior message.]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/ce73180162c1d199?

.... dealing with you on the newsgroups is not an easy thing and most
always turns into some type of flaming war.

.... you do get into fights with many regarding microphones and you do
wave your website around more often than necessary and you don't
always tell the truth about competitive products.

I didn't respond because I simply did not want to get into another
fight which is the reason my posts have been very light in the last
few months.

Here are my qualifications. Certified and trained for Philips
SpeechMagic, IBM ViaVoice, IBM Medspeak, Kurzweil VoiceMed, Dragon
NaturallySpeaking Enterprise & L&H VoiceXpress... So please, don't
call me a "Charlatan" because it is simply not true.

And believe me when I tell you that some users actually get better
recognition from $20 headsets than with $100 headsets.

I see vendors posting all the time and as long as you are not a member
of the newsgroup, there aren't constant one-up battles.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/ba6cc5fd879272fd?

After getting caught with his pants down regarding his so called
privacy policy, Martin continues to make a complete ass out of
himself.

With this pattern of behaviour, the next step is usually
stalking--email stalking (... to menacingly spread deceit)

[Martin Markoe does that.]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/84f362b69d93a460?

.... you don't see the authors in all the newsgroups in a constant
battle. Only with you Marty.

I have seen posts from you that link to as many as 8 direct links to
your website (all in one post) and your signatures fall within 5 or 10
lines long. In my book, that's called SPAMMING.

.... about 2 weeks ago, you claimed to have sold thousands of GN MPA
Satellites. I know for a fact that is not true.

Guess what Marty.... I have a life. I don't have time to live on the
newsgroups as you do.

This is the 2nd time you have mentioned me being moderated on user
groups. Last time, you apologized about confusing me with someone
else. YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL MARTY MARKOE.

Marty, your constant abuse on these newsgroups... must come to an end.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/5585a5e972b1cc1c?

I give up. I've dealt with delusional people like you before, and it
leads to nowhere... you continue attacking people who are FAR more
experienced and qualified than you, not to mention professional.

See also:
"Martin Markoe" <martin emicrophones.com>
.... <martin speechcontrol.com>
.... <mmarkoe optonline.net>
"Michael Mendick" <michael emicrophones.com>
billyrichbroker yahoo.com

From: "mmarkoe optonline.net" <mmarkoe optonline.net>
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: John Doe, life's biggest loser
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:56:38 -0700

<snipped Martin Markoe maliciously violating the privacy
of people who have nothing to do with eMicrophones Inc spamming USENET>