PDA

View Full Version : Cat wont stop eating

Jackiepm
October 25th 07, 11:53 PM
My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

Gail
October 26th 07, 12:03 AM
Take him to the vet. He may have an overactive thyroid. This needs prompt
attention.
Gail
"Jackiepm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
> him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he
> eats
> has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
> nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank
> You

honeybunch
October 26th 07, 12:08 AM
On Oct 25, 6:53 pm, "Jackiepm" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
> him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
> has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
> nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

He is probably not having any fun and has nothing else to do that
interests him. Get him some catnip, and some toys, a laser pointer,
and brush him and sing to him and carry him around in a basket and let
him look in the mirror and out the window. He is bored. Get him a
canary in a cage or a parakeet to watch. Teach him to dance.

Spot
October 26th 07, 01:15 AM
Are you feeding him good food and not that generic crap? Also has he been
to vets for a check up lately?

Celeste

"Jackiepm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
> him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he
> eats
> has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
> nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank
> You

Rene S.
October 26th 07, 02:31 PM
On Oct 25, 5:53 pm, "Jackiepm" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
> him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
> has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
> nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

I agree with everyone in taking him to the vet for bloodwork and a
checkup. There are three reaons why this might be happening:

1. Medical
2. Boredom/routine/wants attention
3. The food you are giving him isn't filling him up. He will be more
satisfied with a high-quality canned or raw diet compared to feeding
dry.

But first, you need to rule out medical issues.

John Doe
October 27th 07, 12:24 AM
"Jackiepm" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for
> food. I feed him and an hour later he asks for more food and
> everytime I feed him he eats has if he had'nt had any food for
> days. The point is that he is eating nonstop. Can anyone tell
> what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

Put the food at the top of a significant climb, like using carpeted
1x4s or 2x4s. That way he won't eat every time you turn around. He
might run to the bottom of the climb every time you turn around, but
that doesn't work anything.

I'm teaching my new stray to do that and he is learning to make the
climb right at this moment.

Good luck.

October 27th 07, 05:18 AM
If the cat has suddenly changed his behavior, then I'd worry about a
medical issue. Diabetes often starts this way.

Cats who are getting high quality food, and don't have starvation
issues, usually don't need their food supervised. I keep a low carb
dry food available all the time, and feed canned twice a day.

A cat with starvation issues has to be fed to satiation. If it were
easy to ignore hunger, we would not have a booming diet industry. It
is a signal that cannot be ignored.

Cats with deprivation problems must decide when they are confident the
food will keep coming. Trying too much to head off a cat's appetitite
can lead to stress and behavior problems.