PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cat

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 27th 07, 11:37 PM
I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
As soon as I come in, she is fine.
But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
Thanks, Tony

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 28th 07, 12:47 AM
Oh Boy, really?
I hope Cleopatra grows out of it.
Thanks, Tony
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Some do some don't My phantom is 13 going on 14 and cries if I go
outside
> if he can see me till I come back in
>

> "ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
> news:85PUi.2606$Q%[email protected]
> >I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> > I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> > The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on
something,
> > she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> > As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> > But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> > Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> > Thanks, Tony

Rhonda[_3_]
October 28th 07, 04:54 AM
Hi there, your title said baby cat -- did you mean the cat is 6 weeks old?

If she is 6 months, is she fixed yet?

Rhonda

ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:
> I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
> she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> Thanks, Tony

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 28th 07, 07:18 AM
6 months is not exactly little. But they are all different. She is clearly
insecure. Perhaps taken from mom too early. I swear I just hate it when I
hear about 6 week old kittens being taken from their mothers. It is just
way too youmg.

She'll be fine. She's probably going to be needy her whole life. My 11
year old cat is the same way. ery needy and isecure. It's just his nature.

Paul

"ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
news:85PUi.2606$Q%[email protected]
>I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
> she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> Thanks, Tony

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 28th 07, 02:46 PM
Rhonda
No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK, although I
guess she could excape.
Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.

Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this does
not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to help.
Thanks, Tony

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 6 months is not exactly little. But they are all different. She is
clearly
> insecure. Perhaps taken from mom too early. I swear I just hate it when
> hear about 6 week old kittens being taken from their mothers. It is just
> way too youmg.
>
> She'll be fine. She's probably going to be needy her whole life. My 11
> year old cat is the same way. ery needy and isecure. It's just his
nature.

> Paul
>
> "ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
> news:85PUi.2606$Q%[email protected]
> >I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> > I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> > The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on
something,
> > she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> > As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> > But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> > Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> > Thanks, Tony

mlbriggs
October 28th 07, 06:51 PM
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:37:56 +0000, ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:

> I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
> she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> Thanks, Tony

Suggestion: When you leave the house, be sure to turn on a radio --
perhaps a "talk" station would make her feel less lonely. Some cats seem
to enjoy music also. When I go out I always leave the radio on even those
my cat is 10 years old. Best wishes. MLB

Paul M. Cook
October 28th 07, 09:11 PM
"ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Rhonda
> No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
> She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK, although
> guess she could excape.
> Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.

Spay her after her first heat. I am a firm believer that cats do so much
better when their bodies are allowed to mature before being spayed or
neutered. You just get a healthier animal in the long run.

> Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
> I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this
does
> not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
> I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to
help.
> Thanks, Tony

I feel that kittens should be kept with their mothers for 12 weeks. Mom
teaches them a lot of things in that time and the kittens grow up to be
better cats. Fewer bad habits like biting for example. Your kitten will
outgrow some of it in a year or so. Hard to say just how much. But at 6
months their personalities are basically set for life. Still, she is just
crying and laying a guilt trip on you. One idea would be to get a second
cat about her age. A companion may be what she needs.

Paul

October 28th 07, 11:20 PM
On Oct 27, 3:37 pm, "ANTHONY DIODATI" >
wrote:
> I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
> she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> Thanks, Tony

She needs something that reminds her you will come back. Try rubbing
your hair with a blanket or stuffed toy and when you leave, give it to
her. When you come back, take it away until next time.

Deprived cats aren't given many opportunities to feel secure, so we
must help them along.

Distract her with a toy that is only for when you are gone. If she
likes treats, get a puzzle box or a treat cube you can put treats in,
put in down when you are gone for a while, and she can amuse herself
with it to take her mind off things.

The radio is a good idea too. She just wants to feel she isn't alone.

Everyone thinks they can keep the cat in. If everyone could, there
wouldn't be so many kittens in shelters. She needs spaying to keep her
contented, because the hormones are clamoring, and none of us can
resist their call.

If she does get out, she will come back pregnant, because cats won't
stop until they get the signal that says they are.

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 29th 07, 12:40 AM
She does still bite.
I take it you mean another cat?
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:726Vi.5974$R%[email protected]

> "ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Rhonda
> > No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
> > She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK,
although
> > guess she could excape.
> > Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.
> >

> Spay her after her first heat. I am a firm believer that cats do so much
> better when their bodies are allowed to mature before being spayed or
> neutered. You just get a healthier animal in the long run.
>
> > Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
> > I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this
> does
> > not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
> > I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to
> help.
> > Thanks, Tony
>
> I feel that kittens should be kept with their mothers for 12 weeks. Mom
> teaches them a lot of things in that time and the kittens grow up to be
> better cats. Fewer bad habits like biting for example. Your kitten will
> outgrow some of it in a year or so. Hard to say just how much. But at 6
> months their personalities are basically set for life. Still, she is just
> crying and laying a guilt trip on you. One idea would be to get a second
> cat about her age. A companion may be what she needs.
>
> Paul

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 29th 07, 12:42 AM
I will try that,
She was good today, fwiw, let me put a shelf together out front with out
carrying on.
Time will; tell
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:37:56 +0000, ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:
>
> > I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> > I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> > The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on
something,
> > she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> > As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> > But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> > Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> > Thanks, Tony
>
> Suggestion: When you leave the house, be sure to turn on a radio --
> perhaps a "talk" station would make her feel less lonely. Some cats seem
> to enjoy music also. When I go out I always leave the radio on even those
> my cat is 10 years old. Best wishes. MLB

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 29th 07, 12:43 AM
OK thanks, I will try that
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Oct 27, 3:37 pm, "ANTHONY DIODATI" >
> wrote:
> > I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
> > I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
> > The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on
something,
> > she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
> > As soon as I come in, she is fine.
> > But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
> > Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
> > Thanks, Tony
>
> She needs something that reminds her you will come back. Try rubbing
> your hair with a blanket or stuffed toy and when you leave, give it to
> her. When you come back, take it away until next time.
>
> Deprived cats aren't given many opportunities to feel secure, so we
> must help them along.
>
> Distract her with a toy that is only for when you are gone. If she
> likes treats, get a puzzle box or a treat cube you can put treats in,
> put in down when you are gone for a while, and she can amuse herself
> with it to take her mind off things.
>
> The radio is a good idea too. She just wants to feel she isn't alone.
>
> Everyone thinks they can keep the cat in. If everyone could, there
> wouldn't be so many kittens in shelters. She needs spaying to keep her
> contented, because the hormones are clamoring, and none of us can
> resist their call.
>
> If she does get out, she will come back pregnant, because cats won't
> stop until they get the signal that says they are.

October 29th 07, 01:44 AM
In article <[email protected]>, says...
> 6 months is not exactly little. But they are all different. She is clearly
> insecure. Perhaps taken from mom too early. I swear I just hate it when I
> hear about 6 week old kittens being taken from their mothers. It is just
> way too youmg.
>
> She'll be fine. She's probably going to be needy her whole life. My 11
> year old cat is the same way. ery needy and isecure. It's just his nature.

Emily was six weeks old when my stupid ex-roomate brought her home and
then he departed two weeks later.

I met my SO at that point and Emily took to him to the point where if
he'd leave her for too long, she'd tag his clothing, just his, not mine.

As she got older she mellowed out and accepted me as a surrogate. And it
helped that we limited her access to clothing plus had a washer/dryer to
deal with any lapses.

October 29th 07, 01:45 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
says...
> Rhonda
> No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
> She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK, although I
> guess she could excape.
> Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.
>
> Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
> I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this does
> not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
> I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to help.
> Thanks, Tony

The 12 week mark is usually a safe bet for a kitten being weaned. I got
Randy when he was 12 weeks old, Emily at 6 weeks and Cosimo at 7 months.

Angie is the oldest cat I ever adopted, she's almost 4 now but was t3
when I got her.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 29th 07, 02:00 AM
"ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> She does still bite.
> I take it you mean another cat?

Yes, but you'd want to find a cat that was not dominant or bossy. Another
cat that was shy and mellow would work.

Paul

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 30th 07, 12:18 AM
Thanks Paul, I'm afraid I have my hands full with this little one as it is.
Now, It's hard to say, but the last few days she has been better when I was
out side or in the basement.
I might try what the one fellow suggested about giving her a piece of my
clothing or something.
Thanks, Tony
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "ANTHONY DIODATI" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > She does still bite.
> > I take it you mean another cat?
>

> Yes, but you'd want to find a cat that was not dominant or bossy. Another
> cat that was shy and mellow would work.
>
> Paul

ANTHONY DIODATI
October 30th 07, 12:23 AM
Yea, I'm not real sure how old cleopatra was when she was taken.
I buddy was doing a roof job, and the people that owned the house had the
kittens.
She really is a sweet little cat though, and always "on the go"
Tony
. ..