PDA

View Full Version : Archer is back at the vet! :<

CatNipped[_2_]
October 29th 07, 04:04 PM
Last night Archer ran up the side of the tall cat tree before DH or I could
stop him. When he reached the top he, in his usual klutzy style,
overbalanced and fell to the floor with his legs flailing. He immediately
started limping again. I checked him over and I don't *think* he broke his
leg again, but we brought him into the vet to make sure. He's spending the
day there until the vet can treat him and then DH will pick him up and hear
the verdict.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped[_2_]
October 29th 07, 05:59 PM
DH just heard from the vet - the leg is *NOT* broken <thank you Bast> and
he's putting weight on it already. I think, however, that I'm going to keep
him back in the kennel for a few days anyway.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Last night Archer ran up the side of the tall cat tree before DH or I
> could stop him. When he reached the top he, in his usual klutzy style,
> overbalanced and fell to the floor with his legs flailing. He immediately
> started limping again. I checked him over and I don't *think* he broke
> his leg again, but we brought him into the vet to make sure. He's
> spending the day there until the vet can treat him and then DH will pick
> him up and hear the verdict.
>

> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
October 29th 07, 07:20 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> DH just heard from the vet - the leg is *NOT* broken <thank you Bast> and
> he's putting weight on it already. I think, however, that I'm going to
> keep him back in the kennel for a few days anyway.

Yay! What a little weiner he is. :)

Probably he just hurt the muscle--a little sprain, maybe? Don't be too
alarmed if he limps
on and off for a while, soft tissue injuries take a while to heal. (You know
this if you ever
sprained anything.)

CatNipped[_2_]
October 29th 07, 07:27 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> DH just heard from the vet - the leg is *NOT* broken <thank you Bast> and
>> he's putting weight on it already. I think, however, that I'm going to
>> keep him back in the kennel for a few days anyway.
>>

> Yay! What a little weiner he is. :)
>
> Probably he just hurt the muscle--a little sprain, maybe? Don't be too
> alarmed if he limps
> on and off for a while, soft tissue injuries take a while to heal. (You
> know this if you ever
> sprained anything.)

I broke my arm rather badly in July of 2006, and it *still* hurts (in fact
I'm going to see a neurophysiologist in about an hour to see if he can
figure out *why* I'm still hurting).

Hugs,

CatNipped

-Lost
October 31st 07, 06:09 PM
Response from "CatNipped" >:

>>> DH just heard from the vet - the leg is *NOT* broken <thank you
>>> Bast> and he's putting weight on it already. I think, however,
>>> that I'm going to keep him back in the kennel for a few days
>>> anyway.

<snip>

> I broke my arm rather badly in July of 2006, and it *still* hurts
> (in fact I'm going to see a neurophysiologist in about an hour to
> see if he can figure out *why* I'm still hurting).

The spouse has a 9 inch scar on the their elbow from where they broke
their arm when they were 12. Over 2 decades later and it still hurts
-- the scar, the bones, and possibly something else (ligaments,
tendons) as it aches every now and again.

Good luck though, CatNipped. I hope it can be solved.

And about Archer... hehehe... I just don't know what to say. I hope
he calms down for his health and your pocket!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
October 31st 07, 08:15 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message

> <snip>
>
>> I broke my arm rather badly in July of 2006, and it *still* hurts
>> (in fact I'm going to see a neurophysiologist in about an hour to
>> see if he can figure out *why* I'm still hurting).
>
> The spouse has a 9 inch scar on the their elbow from where they broke
> their arm when they were 12. Over 2 decades later and it still hurts
> -- the scar, the bones, and possibly something else (ligaments,
> tendons) as it aches every now and again.
>
> Good luck though, CatNipped. I hope it can be solved.
>
> And about Archer... hehehe... I just don't know what to say. I hope
> he calms down for his health and your pocket!

He is not the sharpest tool in the shed, poor boy. He reminds me of that
joke... What are the last words a redneck says? "Hey y'all, watch this!!"
;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --