PDA

View Full Version : Adult cat eating Kitten Chow

Rick Onanian
November 4th 07, 10:47 PM
My adult cat (probably about two years old) is eating the kitten's
Purina Kitten Chow. She likes it better than the last food she
chose...is it okay to let her continue eating it?

This must be a common question, but all the searches I do turn up
questions about kittens eating adult cat food.

Rick Onanian
November 5th 07, 12:55 PM
cindys wrote:
> The kitten food is high calorie because the kittens are growing and are very
> active with a high metabolism. Also, kittens may require nutrients in
> different proportions than adult cats. My big concern would be that the
> adult cat would get fat eating the kitten food.

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought too. I guess that, just like
people food, cat food with more calories tastes better. :)

I'll just keep an eye on her weight, and once the kitten is ready to
come off the kitten chow I'll try some other foods to see what they
like...

-Lost
November 6th 07, 02:11 AM
Response from Rick Onanian >:

> cindys wrote:
>> The kitten food is high calorie because the kittens are growing
>> and are very active with a high metabolism. Also, kittens may
>> require nutrients in different proportions than adult cats. My
>> big concern would be that the adult cat would get fat eating the
>> kitten food.
>
> Thanks, that's exactly what I thought too. I guess that, just like
> people food, cat food with more calories tastes better. :)
>
> I'll just keep an eye on her weight, and once the kitten is ready
> to come off the kitten chow I'll try some other foods to see what
> they like...

You are lucky. I have to monitor the kitten, 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, and
a pig who all like to eat the kitty kibble.

And people wonder why I buy 2 or more 18 pound bags at a time.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.