PDA

View Full Version : Does Feline oral S.C.C respond to DepoMedrol ?

vic2000
November 4th 07, 10:52 PM
My 8 year old Cat has a large swelling under her tongue. Two weeks
ago
she had a biopsy and was also given a long lasting Steroid
injection,DepoMedrol. Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex 48 hrs after the
jab the swelling had reduced significantly.
However the biopsy results have now come in and she has been
diagnosed
with Feline squamous cell carcinoma. I was surprised at this, partly
due to her (young) age but mostly due to the positive effect of the
DepMedrol which I thought indicated Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex
(she has a
history of flea allergy dermatitis) . I know its highly unlikely that
the Biopsy could be wrong but tomorrow I have to make decision
regarding starting her on chemo. Does anyone
have experience of such tumours responding to steroids? thanks. vic