PDA

View Full Version : The cats vomit all the time I took them to the vet the did not have an clue

Maggi
November 5th 07, 08:30 AM
I have 2 cats that vomit no matter what I feed them.There is no fur in
there vomit and no blood.This happens 1 time per day. They are
wonderful cats and the kids love them so I can't get rid of them.The
vets no help.They are brother and sister {fixed}.almost 3 yrs old.One
goes outside .They can be laying on you playing or even sleeping and
they will wake up and vomit with such force there butt muscles
contract.Please help me save the cats the kids are will be heartbroken
if they die and I can't stand the vomit all over the house usually on
my light beige carpet.By the way the do not try to clean it up like
the dog I used to have.Maggi

MaryL
November 5th 07, 09:13 AM
"Maggi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have 2 cats that vomit no matter what I feed them.There is no fur in
> there vomit and no blood.This happens 1 time per day. They are
> wonderful cats and the kids love them so I can't get rid of them.The
> vets no help.They are brother and sister {fixed}.almost 3 yrs old.One
> goes outside .They can be laying on you playing or even sleeping and
> they will wake up and vomit with such force there butt muscles
> contract.Please help me save the cats the kids are will be heartbroken
> if they die and I can't stand the vomit all over the house usually on
> my light beige carpet.By the way the do not try to clean it up like
> the dog I used to have.Maggi

What do you feed them? If they eat dry food, try changing to good quality
canned food. Cats that go ourdoors are also more prone to this because
eating grass can encourage vomiting, so you might want to try keeping them
indoors. That will also be safer for them! Also, do you have indoor
plants? If so, is there any sign they are chewing on/eating on any of the
plants? Try removing them, or look around the house for other things they
might be chewing on if you do not have plants (string or ribbon, for
example).

Cats do not eat their own vomit, as dogs often do.

MaryL

MaryL
November 5th 07, 09:18 AM
"Maggi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have 2 cats that vomit no matter what I feed them.There is no fur in
> there vomit and no blood.This happens 1 time per day. They are
> wonderful cats and the kids love them so I can't get rid of them.The
> vets no help.They are brother and sister {fixed}.almost 3 yrs old.One
> goes outside .They can be laying on you playing or even sleeping and
> they will wake up and vomit with such force there butt muscles
> contract.Please help me save the cats the kids are will be heartbroken
> if they die and I can't stand the vomit all over the house usually on
> my light beige carpet.By the way the do not try to clean it up like
> the dog I used to have.Maggi

I just posted a reply, but here is one more suggestion: Try giving them
some Laxative or similar product a couple of times a week. They could be
trying to bring up fur, even you do not see signs of that. Did your vet
palpate to look for possible signs of furballs?

MaryL

barb
November 5th 07, 01:57 PM
Siamese? I always seemed to find the Siamese threw up a lot.

Are they eating too fast? My Pickles was gobbling down her food too fast
and when I fed her a spoonful at a time she retained her food. Eventually
she was able to handle all her food at once.

Barb

Ellie
November 5th 07, 02:41 PM
I had the same problem with one of my cats. My vet tested her for allergies
(it's a blood test that they send off for analysis) and it turned out she
was allergic to several foods. Now that we've changed to a food she isn't
allergic to, she rarely vomits. There were two types of allergy tests, one
for food and one for "other" stuff. I had both done at once, but just
testing for food is cheaper. I guarantee if that's it, the test will pay
for itself with the savings on cleaning supplies. She was allergic to
*mice* (of all things) as well as some of the foods, cotton, and several
other things.
Ellie

"Maggi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have 2 cats that vomit no matter what I feed them.There is no fur in
> there vomit and no blood.This happens 1 time per day. They are
> wonderful cats and the kids love them so I can't get rid of them.The
> vets no help.They are brother and sister {fixed}.almost 3 yrs old.One
> goes outside .They can be laying on you playing or even sleeping and
> they will wake up and vomit with such force there butt muscles
> contract.Please help me save the cats the kids are will be heartbroken
> if they die and I can't stand the vomit all over the house usually on
> my light beige carpet.By the way the do not try to clean it up like
> the dog I used to have.Maggi

November 5th 07, 04:34 PM
Maggi > wrote:

>I have 2 cats that vomit no matter what I feed them.There is no fur in
>there vomit and no blood.This happens 1 time per day. They are
>wonderful cats and the kids love them so I can't get rid of them.The
>vets no help.They are brother and sister {fixed}.almost 3 yrs old.One
>goes outside .They can be laying on you playing or even sleeping and
>they will wake up and vomit with such force there butt muscles
>contract.Please help me save the cats the kids are will be heartbroken
>if they die and I can't stand the vomit all over the house usually on
>my light beige carpet.By the way the do not try to clean it up like
>the dog I used to have.Maggi

Is the vomit clear liquid?

-mhd

Phil Leslie
January 12th 08, 09:46 PM
"Barb" > wrote in
:

> Siamese? I always seemed to find the Siamese threw up a lot.
>
> Are they eating too fast? My Pickles was gobbling down her food too
> fast and when I fed her a spoonful at a time she retained her food.
> Eventually she was able to handle all her food at once.
>
> Barb

This is very interesting!

My 7 year old male cat has some Siamese in him (he's solid black) & he
gobbles his food like crazy sometimes. I've started just putting down a
thin layer of dry food in his bowl, forcing him not to grab mouthfulls at
a time. Some have suggested we even add large stones (too big to put
into his mouth) to make him slow down & eat around the rocks. We use
Friskies brand food (Chef's Blend), but we have noticed a decrese in
vomiting when we got the higher quality (more expensive) food.

This cat also has been diagnosed with a heart murmmur, too. And he's
pretty spastic.

I can use any advice you all may have on what to do about this vomiting
problem. We've spent plenty of money on carpet steamers & bottles of OXY
cleaners for the carpets!

--
"Booneville" Phil Leslie

FAX (781) 723-2568