PDA

View Full Version : Found a lump

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 6th 07, 02:27 AM
Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I am
taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is my 6
year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe it
was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle, but
the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to work
myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can advise
as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some positive
feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my mind.
Thanks!

AZ Nomad
November 6th 07, 02:59 AM
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:27:08 GMT, MoMo via CatKB.com <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I am
>taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is my 6
>year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe it
>was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
>and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle, but
>the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to work
>myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can advise
>as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some positive
>feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my mind.
>Thanks!

My kitty had a lump that turned out, IIRC, to be a cyst, basically a giant
(1/3") zit. It would get bigger some times of the year, smaller at other
times. After nearly two years, I had it removed surgically.

Have a vet check it out.

MaryL
November 6th 07, 02:59 AM
"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I
> am
> taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is
> my 6
> year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe
> it
> was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
> and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle,
> but
> the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to
> work
> myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can
> advise
> as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some
> positive
> feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my
> mind.
> Thanks!

I also would be greatly concerned, and I am glad you are taking Jack to a
vet. Please do so as soon as possible. In particular, ask about the
possibility of carcinoma related to vaccination. All vets now have a
protocol where they inject in specific locations (rabies in one location,
othe injections in other locations, etc.) so they will be able to trace
problems to particular immunizations.

How long has it been since Jack had any immunizations?

Best of luck with this! Please keep us updated -- I surely hope that my
fears are unfounded.

MaryL

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 6th 07, 02:01 PM
The last time he had any shots was 5 1/2 years ago. He is an indoor cat so I
do not keep him up to date with vaccinations like rabies. I read about that
vaccination related sarcome but I honestly don't believe either of my guys
have had the rabies vaccine.

MaryL wrote:
>> Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I
>> am
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> mind.
>> Thanks!
>
>I also would be greatly concerned, and I am glad you are taking Jack to a
>vet. Please do so as soon as possible. In particular, ask about the
>possibility of carcinoma related to vaccination. All vets now have a
>protocol where they inject in specific locations (rabies in one location,
>othe injections in other locations, etc.) so they will be able to trace
>problems to particular immunizations.
>
>How long has it been since Jack had any immunizations?
>
>Best of luck with this! Please keep us updated -- I surely hope that my
>fears are unfounded.
>
>MaryL

Spot[_2_]
November 7th 07, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't worry just yet it might be nothing more than a fatty cyst. I had
a cat who was loaded with them his whole life they are really pretty common
for cats to develop as they get older.

Celeste

"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I
> am
> taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is
> my 6
> year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe
> it
> was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
> and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle,
> but
> the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to
> work
> myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can
> advise
> as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some
> positive
> feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my
> mind.
> Thanks!

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 8th 07, 01:45 AM
Thank you Celeste! I really hope that is what it is. I also realized today
that the spot is also where my other cat grabs on to him with his claws when
he wants to play, so I was thinking maybe it is something associated with
that. I am going to try and get him to the vet on Saturday (by that I mean,
getting him in the crate). Otherwise, he seems just fine, i.e good appetite
and energy.