PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else don't like chicken?

James
November 8th 07, 01:08 AM
My fat cat used to love chicken from the Chinese buffet. At about 8
monthes she would go wild when I come home with some chicken pieces
for her. After a while she did eat it so I stopped bringing her any.
Today I brought one piece just to test her. She was not interested.
She's now 1 1/2 and prefers dry Purina One.

Does yours prefer dry food to wet food?

John Doe
November 8th 07, 02:16 AM
James > wrote:

> My fat cat used to love chicken from the Chinese buffet. At about
> 8 monthes she would go wild when I come home with some chicken
> pieces for her. After a while she did eat it so I stopped
> bringing her any. Today I brought one piece just to test her. She
> was not interested. She's now 1 1/2 and prefers dry Purina One.
>
> Does yours prefer dry food to wet food?

I try to feed them wet food or moistened dry food, because it's
probably easier to digest. You can moisten dry food easily. Put some
dry food in a new plastic zipper bag, no more than half full. Pour
water into it until the water line is at or above the food level
(just depends on the food, but it should be well saturated). Put it
in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Then you have wet dry
food. Some foods are a little messy, others are more like sponges
(IAM's Hairball for example). Keep in mind that moistened dry food
doesn't last as long in storage or when left out to eat.

Good luck and have fun.

mlbriggs
November 8th 07, 07:10 AM
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:08:23 -0800, James wrote:

> My fat cat used to love chicken from the Chinese buffet. At about 8
> monthes she would go wild when I come home with some chicken pieces
> for her. After a while she did eat it so I stopped bringing her any.
> Today I brought one piece just to test her. She was not interested.
> She's now 1 1/2 and prefers dry Purina One.
>
> Does yours prefer dry food to wet food?

YES!

-Lost
November 8th 07, 04:02 PM
Response from James >:

> My fat cat used to love chicken from the Chinese buffet. At about
> 8 monthes she would go wild when I come home with some chicken
> pieces for her. After a while she did eat it so I stopped
> bringing her any. Today I brought one piece just to test her. She
> was not interested. She's now 1 1/2 and prefers dry Purina One.
>
> Does yours prefer dry food to wet food?

I have only fed Gabby wet food when I notice that he is dodging the
dogs' water bowl. As of a couple of days ago I noticed he was not
drinking again so I whipped out the wet food.

For the first time in 2 months he ate only HALF of a SMALL can and
left the rest to rot (I picked it up after an hour or so).

So I guess I would have to say yes. And he's started eating the
softer kibbles out of the dogs' bowl too.

Identity crisis I guess. *shrugs*

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.