PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor cats & fleas

James
November 12th 07, 08:12 PM
One owner told me that the monthly treatments alone is not enough. He
has to give flea baths also.

Any outdoors cats here with good flea solutions?

bobblespin[_2_]
November 12th 07, 10:37 PM
James > wrote in news:1194898351.385728.207450
@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

> One owner told me that the monthly treatments alone is not enough. He
> has to give flea baths also.
>
> Any outdoors cats here with good flea solutions?

I put Advantage on my cat every 4 weeks and it works - not a flea on him or
in the house. Always make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer or the
vet because some of them bought online are counterfeit and therefore don't
work.

Bobble

frankmcneill
November 13th 07, 01:42 AM
On Nov 12, 4:37 pm, bobblespin > wrote:
> James > wrote in news:1194898351.385728.207450
> @v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:
>
> > One owner told me that the monthly treatments alone is not enough. He
> > has to give flea baths also.
>
> > Any outdoors cats here with good flea solutions?
>
> I put Advantage on my cat every 4 weeks and it works - not a flea on him or
> in the house. Always make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer or the
> vet because some of them bought online are counterfeit and therefore don't
> work.
>
> Bobble

Food grade diatomaceous earth is good for spot treatment of fleas
because it won't harm a cat that licks it off.
It is fairly expensive, but not much is needed and it won;t evaporate
the way that vinega and other deterrents do.

Frank

Petzl
November 18th 07, 01:35 AM
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:37:06 +0100 (CET), bobblespin

:

>> One owner told me that the monthly treatments alone is not enough. He
>> has to give flea baths also.
>>
>> Any outdoors cats here with good flea solutions?
>>

>I put Advantage on my cat every 4 weeks and it works - not a flea on him or
>in the house. Always make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer or the
>vet because some of them bought online are counterfeit and therefore don't
>work.
>
>Bobble

I use Frontline but Advantage is also the best

REMBER to squeeze tube between cats ears (top of head) so cat cannot
lick it off (it is poisonous if ingested by cat)

This kills all fleas on cat and any where cat goes/sleeps

Make sure you buy genuine product the fakes or look alike's for just
do not work
Petzl
--
<http://www.windowsonecare.com/purchase/default.aspx>