PDA

View Full Version : Flotsam and Jetsam

November 13th 07, 10:13 PM
After visiting about 10 different Vet Offices, I know ONE reason (other
than their greed) why their fees are so high and they are so hard up for
money. Out of the 10 Offices I walked into, 9 had 3 women sitting on
their fat asses doing NOTHING. Instead of running an efficient lean
practice these vets are obviously in it for the $$$ and their own egos,
rather than for helping animals. BTW, why are so many vet office staff
so obese? Here are some links for all the unprofessional "professional"
staff out there whose consciences are bothering them. Maybe it's not too
late to retrain? First one is for all the bloated vet staffs out there,
second is for all the vets who worship the almightly dollar.

http://tinyurl.com/2j8dfw - for all you obese vet staff

http://tinyurl.com/38hbxz - for all you greedy vets

November 13th 07, 10:23 PM
In article >, says...
> After visiting about 10 different Vet Offices, I know ONE reason (other
> than their greed) why their fees are so high and they are so hard up for
> money. Out of the 10 Offices I walked into, 9 had 3 women sitting on
> their fat asses doing NOTHING. Instead of running an efficient lean
> practice these vets are obviously in it for the $$$ and their own egos,
> rather than for helping animals. BTW, why are so many vet office staff
> so obese? Here are some links for all the unprofessional "professional"
> staff out there whose consciences are bothering them. Maybe it's not too
> late to retrain? First one is for all the bloated vet staffs out there,
> second is for all the vets who worship the almightly dollar.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2j8dfw - for all you obese vet staff
>
> http://tinyurl.com/38hbxz - for all you greedy vets

Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

November 13th 07, 10:50 PM
T > wrote in news:MPG.21a3dfe1791381598a3f1
@news.east.cox.net:

> In article >, says...
>> After visiting about 10 different Vet Offices, I know ONE reason
(other
>> than their greed) why their fees are so high and they are so hard up
for
>> money. Out of the 10 Offices I walked into, 9 had 3 women sitting on
>> their fat asses doing NOTHING. Instead of running an efficient lean
>> practice these vets are obviously in it for the $$$ and their own
egos,
>> rather than for helping animals. BTW, why are so many vet office
staff
>> so obese? Here are some links for all the unprofessional
"professional"
>> staff out there whose consciences are bothering them. Maybe it's not
too
>> late to retrain? First one is for all the bloated vet staffs out
there,
>> second is for all the vets who worship the almightly dollar.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2j8dfw - for all you obese vet staff
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/38hbxz - for all you greedy vets
>>

> Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
> perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

Billing?? What billing?? They DEMAND money paid in advance or at time of
visit. More smoke.

> But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

Sharon Too
November 13th 07, 11:40 PM
> Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
> perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.
>
> But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns. There's a
lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants to hear none of
the facts.

Sharon Too
November 14th 07, 02:58 AM
> He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago. Since
> than it has been doing what you see using about 7 or 8 different display
> names always from the same server aioe.org

Oh dear.

I'm always happy to discuss the financial end of veterinary medicine as a
practice manager/owner. But it just doesn't work with those that approach it
with attitude!

p[_2_]
November 14th 07, 10:25 PM
"Sharon Too" > wrote in
:

>> He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago.

<more drivel snipped>

Probably a Kmart type vet employee who lacking the intellectual capacity
to form a logical argument, feebly shouts out names in frustration. I
posted a link for you earlier for application to Walmart, which, of
course is where you belong. BTW, I have several different servers, but I
reserve the lowest one for the likes of you.

> Oh dear.
>
> I'm always happy to discuss the financial end of veterinary medicine
> as a practice manager/owner. But it just doesn't work with those that
> approach it with attitude!

And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian, if that's
the case you're either not in Tucson or in a very small minority.

Most of these so-called "doctors" hire $10 an hour clerks to
confront pet owners about cash NOW. They hide in their offices,- too
cowardly to come out and face the people and suffering animals due to
their rigid cash-only policies. Pathetic really that vet schools, vet
associations and state licensing boards are all part of the same
interest group. I really think they should remove the "Dr." designation
from their degrees. Even human doctors, who are in themselves a fairly
greedy group who often violate their oaths as physicians cannot
compare to the prostitute like attitudes of vets here. "no money, no
****ee(treatment), so sorry"

eatatjoes
November 14th 07, 10:33 PM
"Sharon Too" > wrote in
:

>> Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who
>> can perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

>> But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

Way too many vets where I am, one reason why they are so hard up for
cash.

> We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns.
> There's a lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants
> to hear none of the facts.

Your job is not to build your own little kingdom, but to serve animals
and prevent suffering. Most of the so-called "Drs." that I've run into
lately are more concerned with generating profit (often even
recommending unneccessary procedures to boost the already inflated bill)
and building their own little fifedom, that they don't seem to have any
regard for animal suffering. I think alot of these guys buy into the
notion that animals are property and objects, not living, breathing
creatures with a soul. Kind of like the farmer who sends his pets to
slaughter for profit.

Sharon Too
November 14th 07, 11:28 PM
> And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian,

I never "posed" as a veterinarian. I am a practice manager/owner and stated
as such. Again, if you have specific questions about the business end of vet
med, I'd be happy to answer as it related to our practice. But I won't be
fodder for your insults and barbs.

Sharon Too
November 14th 07, 11:30 PM
> Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
> full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

We let our established clients bill. But not new clients. We've been burned
too many times. On the business end, there isn't one company we deal with
who lets us pay in installments.

>>> But many of those people are veterinary school interns.
>
> Way too many vets where I am, one reason why they are so hard up for
> cash.

We don't have one. And when we get vet school interns they do not see
patients. They cannot practice medicine without a license.

>> We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns.
>> There's a lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants
>> to hear none of the facts.
>
> Your job is not to build your own little kingdom, but to serve animals
> and prevent suffering.

And pay our bills how?

Most of the so-called "Drs." that I've run into
> lately are more concerned with generating profit ....

Dink. This is where our conversation ends.

Sharon Too
November 15th 07, 05:32 AM
> Don't fall for it Sharon. It is simple troll 101 Get a good laugh out of
> it or turn it around on them. ;-)

No problem. Thanks for the heads up.

notroll
November 16th 07, 01:45 AM
I guess a troll by your definition is any post you disagree with.

"Sharon Too" > wrote in
:

>> Don't fall for it Sharon. It is simple troll 101 Get a good laugh
>> out of it or turn it around on them. ;-)
>
> No problem. Thanks for the heads up.

p[_2_]
November 16th 07, 01:48 AM
"Sharon Too" > wrote in
:

>> And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian,
>
> I never "posed" as a veterinarian. I am a practice manager/owner and
> stated as such. Again, if you have specific questions about the
> business end of vet med, I'd be happy to answer as it related to our
> practice. But I won't be fodder for your insults and barbs.

I never asked any questions. I have dealt with enough vet offices here
in Tucson to KNOW what their business practices are. They primary
objective is profit and the animals welfare comes a distant second.
Please read my orginal post.

o[_2_]
November 16th 07, 01:56 AM
"Sharon Too" > wrote in
:

>> Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to
>> demand full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for
>> you?
>
> We let our established clients bill. But not new clients. We've been
> burned too many times. On the business end, there isn't one company we
> deal with who lets us pay in installments.

So you discrimnate against people on the simple basis that they are new?
Rather stupid policy.

>> Way too many vets where I am, one reason why they are so hard up for
>> cash.
>
> We don't have one. And when we get vet school interns they do not see
> patients. They cannot practice medicine without a license.

Your not in my city then, so my OP may not apply to you.

>>> We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns.
>>> There's a lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP
>>> wants to hear none of the facts.
>>
>> Your job is not to build your own little kingdom, but to serve
>> animals and prevent suffering.
>
> And pay our bills how?

Like many people do, on a monthly billed basis. Do all your other
debtors ask for payment in advance, or immediately at time of service. I
think not. But all the vet practices in my city DEMAND immediate full
payment. Quite obvious what their primary interest is.

> Most of the so-called "Drs." that I've run into
>> lately are more concerned with generating profit ....
>
> Dink. This is where our conversation ends.

yeah, cuz you can't argue logically. and your probably morally bankrupt
as well. Do the animal world a favor and become a stockbroker.

Stan Brown
November 18th 07, 03:02 PM
I've deleted the rant, but can I just say here that I think Flotsam
and Jetsam would be *great* names for a pair of littermates adopted
at the same time from a shelter?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/