PDA

View Full Version : cat cancer?


kittypandora
November 15th 07, 04:11 AM
hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg. It
is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is still
eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed it
about a month ago. HELP!!!!

blkcatgal
November 15th 07, 04:35 AM
Please take your cat to the vet to have the lump evaluated.

S.

"kittypandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
> It
> is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
> still
> eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
> it
> about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>

MaryL
November 15th 07, 05:00 AM
"kittypandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
> It
> is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
> still
> eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
> it
> about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>

You need a vet, and you need to see a vet IMMEDIATELY!!! The best help we
can give you is to stress the importance of getting a diagnosis as soon as
possible. This simply isn't something that can be diagnosed (or advice
given for treatment) in a newsgroup.

*Please* take your cat to a vet, and then please update us so we will the
results of the examination.

MaryL

AZ Nomad
November 15th 07, 12:45 PM
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:11:37 GMT, kittypandora <[email protected]> wrote:


>hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg. It
>is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is still
>eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed it
>about a month ago. HELP!!!!

what does your vet say?

Or were you planing on operating yourself? Got some surgical tools you
bought at sears?

cybercat
November 15th 07, 01:00 PM
"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:11:37 GMT, kittypandora <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
>>It
>>is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
>>still
>>eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
>>it
>>about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>
> what does your vet say?
>
> Or were you planing on operating yourself? Got some surgical tools you
> bought at sears?

Or maybe a toothbrush?

Gail[_2_]
November 15th 07, 02:18 PM
Sounds like it may be a sarcoma. Your cat needs to see a vet ASAP.
Gail
"kittypandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
> It
> is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
> still
> eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
> it
> about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>

Phil P.
November 15th 07, 03:17 PM
"kittypandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
It
> is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
still
> eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
it
> about a month ago. HELP!!!!

A lump in the right rear leg could be a vaccine-associated-sarcoma
(fibrosarcoma). Rabies vaccines are usually given in the right rear leg so
in the event the cat develops a VAS, the leg can be amputated to stop the
spread of cancer and save the cat's life. If you wait another month or
two-and he dies an agonizing death, you'll know it was a fibrosarcoma-- or
you could take him to a vet, now- right now- and save his life.

What would you do if you had a fast-growing lump in your leg? How long would
you wait to see a doctor? Just curious.

kraut
November 15th 07, 03:59 PM
>hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg. It
>is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is still
>eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed it
>about a month ago. HELP!!!!


What would you like us to help you with?!?!?!? What can we do?!?!?!?

TAKE THE CAT TO A VET!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!?

It should have been cared for BY A VET when you first noticed it.

cybercat
November 15th 07, 07:25 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message
...
>
>>hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
>>It
>>is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
>>still
>>eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
>>it
>>about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>
>
> What would you like us to help you with?!?!?!? What can we do?!?!?!?
>
> TAKE THE CAT TO A VET!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!?
>
> It should have been cared for BY A VET when you first noticed it.
>

Hey, this is what Tara calls "going ape****." How tacky of you. Now the poor
OP's widdew feewings will be huwt, and he might not want to post here any
more!

SHAME ON YOU. Don't you know it is all about making the cat owner FEEL
better! What do you think, it's about the welfare of the CAT?!

People like you make this group a real cesspool.

:)

kraut
November 16th 07, 01:11 AM
>>>hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
>>>It
>>>is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
>>>still
>>>eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
>>>it
>>>about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>>
>>
>> What would you like us to help you with?!?!?!? What can we do?!?!?!?
>>
>> TAKE THE CAT TO A VET!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!?
>>
>> It should have been cared for BY A VET when you first noticed it.
>>
>
>Hey, this is what Tara calls "going ape****." How tacky of you. Now the poor
>OP's widdew feewings will be huwt, and he might not want to post here any
>more!
>
>SHAME ON YOU. Don't you know it is all about making the cat owner FEEL
>better! What do you think, it's about the welfare of the CAT?!
>
>People like you make this group a real cesspool.
>
> :)
>


Sorry. Forgive me.

;-)

Sheelagh>\o\
November 16th 07, 11:58 PM
On 15 Nov, 15:17, "Phil P." > wrote:
> "kittypandora" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]
> > hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.
> It
> > is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is
> still
> > eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed
> it
> > about a month ago. HELP!!!!
>
> A lump in the right rear leg could be a vaccine-associated-sarcoma
> (fibrosarcoma). Rabies vaccines are usually given in the right rear leg so
> in the event the cat develops a VAS, the leg can be amputated to stop the
> spread of cancer and save the cat's life. If you wait another month or
> two-and he dies an agonizing death, you'll know it was a fibrosarcoma-- or
> you could take him to a vet, now- right now- and save his life.
>
> What would you do if you had a fast-growing lump in your leg? How long would
> you wait to see a doctor? Just curious.


> What would you do if you had a fast-growing lump in your leg? How long would
> you wait to see a doctor? Just curious.

Good Point!

Sheelagh>"o"<