PDA

View Full Version : Is this an actual cat?

-Lost
November 16th 07, 09:05 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This cat
looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a serval --
especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it so no
clue where it actually came from.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

jmc
November 16th 07, 12:42 PM
Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
> http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/
>
> Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This cat
> looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a serval --
> especially since its ears are down in each shot.
>
> Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it so no
> clue where it actually came from.

I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in the 2nd
photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be wrong though,
never seen a Bengal in real life.

jmc

-Lost
November 16th 07, 09:58 PM
Response to jmc >:

> Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/
>>
>> Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
>> cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
>> serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.
>>
>> Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
>> so no clue where it actually came from.
>>

> I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in
> the 2nd photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be
> wrong though, never seen a Bengal in real life.

As in tiger? Or something else... ?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
November 16th 07, 10:01 PM
Response to "Matthew" >:

> "-Lost" > wrote in message
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/
>>
>> Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
>> cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
>> serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.
>>
>> Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
>> so no clue where it actually came from.
>
> That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is

Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild beast.

And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
that's the part that freaks me out.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

jmc
November 16th 07, 11:22 PM
Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/17/2007 7:28 AM):
> Response to jmc >:
>
>> Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
>>> http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/
>>>
>>> Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
>>> cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
>>> serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.
>>>
>>> Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
>>> so no clue where it actually came from.
>>>
>> I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in
>> the 2nd photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be
>> wrong though, never seen a Bengal in real life.
>
> As in tiger? Or something else... ?

No, it's a largish breed of domestic cat: http://www.bengalcat.com/

jmc

jmc
November 16th 07, 11:24 PM
Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/17/2007 7:31 AM):
> Response to "Matthew" >:
>
>> "-Lost" > wrote in message
>>> http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/
>>>
>>> Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
>>> cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
>>> serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.
>>>
>>> Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
>>> so no clue where it actually came from.
>> That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is
>
> Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
> mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild beast.
>
> And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
> that's the part that freaks me out.

Well, it could be a domestic bengal cat, or finding a picture at the
link I gave, it could be the Bengal's predecessor, the Asian Leopard
Cat. Have a look at the picture in the upper right:

http://www.bengalcat.com/images/alc1bb16.jpg

jmc

-Lost
November 18th 07, 05:35 PM
Response to jmc >:

> Well, it could be a domestic bengal cat, or finding a picture at the
> link I gave, it could be the Bengal's predecessor, the Asian Leopard
> Cat. Have a look at the picture in the upper right:
>
> http://www.bengalcat.com/images/alc1bb16.jpg

Ah, OK. Having looked at both links I think that's probably it. Or
even a bit of what RobZip said too. That it's a Bengal plus a little
something on the wild side.

Thanks for the links by the way.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
November 18th 07, 05:36 PM
Response to "RobZip" >:

> "-Lost" > wrote in message
>>> That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is
>>
>> Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
>> mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild
>> beast.
>>
>> And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
>> that's the part that freaks me out.
>
> Perhaps an Ashera? Recently created cross of Asian Leopard cat and
> domestic as is the Bengal, but with Lynx thrown in the mix. Still,
> the pics of the Asheras I've seen show more of a domestic cat
> appearance of the head. I came acros a site discusing the Ashera
> where the guy promoting the breed is reputed to be of a rather
> shady background in his previous financial dealings. He is
> reported to want the $22,000 purchase price of an Ashera nine
> months in advance of delivery.

Thanks for that information, RobZip. And um... yeah, I wouldn't pay
for ANYTHING 9 months in advance. Especially if it cost $22,000.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.