PDA

View Full Version : Cat sneezing blood

angie1805
November 17th 07, 02:54 PM
Our cat is 9 years old and is sneezing blood, he has beento the vets and has
had his nose flushed out, he has had xrays been put on steroids for 2 weeks,
but now today has started sneezing blood again. He is back at pet medics
where they are going to try and get it to stop. Has anyone else come across
this problem? as our own vet says the next thing is a mri scan and this is
over a thousand pounds that we do not have. He has cost over £400 in the last
two weeks, not counting today, any advice please, as he is a lovely big grey
barred cat, a real softy and we want to do our best for him. We dont want him
to have to be put down because we cant afford any more Vet bills. We just
want a solution.

barb
November 17th 07, 03:30 PM
This is sad but it could be something simple like something irritated by the
sneezes. So if all else seems okay I wouldn't think about anything drastic.
But, what I want to know is why so much money for an MRI? In USA dollars
that sounds like 2 or 2 and a half thousand.

Hope all works out okay.

Barb

James
November 17th 07, 05:23 PM
On Nov 17, 10:30 am, "Barb" > wrote:
> This is sad but it could be something simple like something irritated by the
> sneezes. So if all else seems okay I wouldn't think about anything drastic.
> But, what I want to know is why so much money for an MRI? In USA dollars
> that sounds like 2 or 2 and a half thousand.
>
> Hope all works out okay.
>
> Barb

Don't know about cats but I usually get nose bleeds at the start of
heating season. The heated air is so dry that it causes nose bleeds.