PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat Cats


CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 07, 06:05 PM
For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's the video I
promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>

http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg

That really loud *SMACK* you'll hear is Ozzy falling sideways down onto my
glass coffee table from a jump of over 5 feet into the air - I swear that,
like young children, kittens are partially made of rubber! ;>

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
November 17th 07, 08:28 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's the video
> I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>

It won't work! :(

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 07, 08:50 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's the video
>> I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>>
>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>>
>
> It won't work! :(

Sorry, it will now (I'd accidentally uploaded the whole clip rather than the
edited one and had to replace it).

Hugs,

CatNipped

>
>

cybercat
November 17th 07, 10:36 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's the
>>> video I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>>>
>>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>>>
>>
>> It won't work! :(
>

Precious! I have a toy like that but I had to put it away. Gracie is afraid
of it. :)

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 07, 11:44 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's the
>>>> video I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>>>>
>>>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>>>>
>>>
>>> It won't work! :(
>>
>
> Precious! I have a toy like that but I had to put it away. Gracie is
> afraid of it. :)
>

Oh no! Poor Gracie, but at least she has her snake! ;>

Although the feather fisher is not the favorite toy of any of the cats, it
is the one toy that they all will play with. Archer's favorite is the sadly
denuded feather stick. Ozzy loves little fuzzy balls. Sammy loves milk
bottle rings. Jessie loves toy mousies. Demi loves jingle balls.

Hugs,

CatNipped

-Lost
November 21st 07, 08:51 AM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's
> the video I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>
> That really loud *SMACK* you'll hear is Ozzy falling sideways down
> onto my glass coffee table from a jump of over 5 feet into the air
> - I swear that, like young children, kittens are partially made of
> rubber! ;>

Yowch! Sounds like it hurt but knowing cats I doubt it. Or if it
did it wasn't as important as your magic wand. HAHA. OK, I cannot
tell a lie -- I cracked up when I saw him fly off screen.

Some questions for you though, could you identify the cats for me?

Who is Archer's twin there?

Who is "Fat Kat?"

Who is the kitty who really didn't care for the action? Jessie,
right?

I tried to identify them from your pages but got confused.

Now a little more technical.

How do you process your videos? Basically, what is your capture
method, assuming analog and what do you process your videos into MPEG
with?

I'm just curious as I have to make the leap into editing my own video
if I ever expect to show you people how crazy this cat is.

Thank you!

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 21st 07, 10:17 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
>> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's
>> the video I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>>
>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>>
>> That really loud *SMACK* you'll hear is Ozzy falling sideways down
>> onto my glass coffee table from a jump of over 5 feet into the air
>> - I swear that, like young children, kittens are partially made of
>> rubber! ;>
>
> Yowch! Sounds like it hurt but knowing cats I doubt it. Or if it
> did it wasn't as important as your magic wand. AHA. OK, I cannot
> tell a lie -- I cracked up when I saw him fly off screen.

I don't know how he didn't break something - he hit the glass coffee table
sying sideways and the back half of his body is what smacked the surface.
After I knew he was all right and when I watch the video I cracked up too.
DH and I keept going over that one part and couldn't help but giggle with
each SMACK (and then seeing him run right back over to play some more).
That's why I think they're partially made of rubber.

When Sammy was a little kitten, she tried to run out of the french door that
leads from my bedroom to the deck. Those doors swell really badly here in
Houston at that time of year with all the humidity, so as I was coming in I
slammed it really hard and caught her right on the ribs. I burst into
hysterical tears because I thought I had surely killed her, but when I
coaxed her out from under the bed and brought her to the vet, he didn't even
see a cracked rib on the x-rays. We watched her closely for the next couple
of weeks, but she was fine. Then about 2 weeks later she was behind my open
closet door and I didn't see her opking her paw through the crack trying to
catch my ankle as I walked by and I closed the door on her leg! Again, I
screamed as loud as she did, but again the vet found nothing wrong. It's
funny in a pathetic sort of way, but now every time she walks through any
door in the house she creeps up on it slowly, keeping her eyes glued to it
for any hint of movement, and then *DASHES* across the threshold as quickly
as she possibly can move that humongous body.

>
> Some questions for you though, could you identify the cats for me?
>
> Who is Archer's twin there?

Archer is the orinj-stripey cat with the white bib and paws. His bro-fur is
Ozzy who is orinj-stripey all over his body except for the very tip of his
tail. They're from the same litter, but Ozzy is about half as big again as
Archer and *much* more muscular (he is *solid*)! Archer is much smaller
boned and very skinny.

>
> Who is "Fat Kat?"

That's Samantha (AKA Sammy, AKA Samazon). Whe 3 years old. Like all my
cats, she's a rescued "moggie" as the british say, but from looks and
temperment and size I would say she is 99.999999999% Maine Coon. She has
all the characteristics of the breed. She's 18 pounds of muscle (OK, she
has a bit of winter padding just now too, so maybe 18 pounds of muscle and 2
pounds of, erm, "fluff" as she likes to call it). I think 8 pounds of it is
fur. Her paws as as big as the palms of my hand and it takes both hands to
encircle her neck.

When we can hold her down long enough to brush her we get enough hair out of
her to knit a kitten (a mass of hair about as big as my head - and you could
get that much off her every other day)! You can pour a glass of water on
her and her coat is so water repellent that it just beads up and falls off.
She is *extremely* strong and when you try doing anything to her that she
doesn't want done (like clip her back claws) you'd better come armed with a
tranquilizer gun if you value your life. Even clipping her front claws is
an adventure - I have to get one of DH's socks and put that over her head
and then clip really, really fast.

When you see a picture of just her you don't realize how big she is because
she's nicely proportioned, but when you see her next to a "normal" sized cat
it really shows: http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Jessie17/ or this
one laying next to my RB Bandit:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy21/.

What's scary is that I've heard Maine Coons can continue to grow for their
first *FIVE* years - and can get to be 20 - 25 pounds!

>
> Who is the kitty who really didn't care for the action? Jessie,
> right?

Jessie is actually my most active adult cat. Even at 8 years old she loves
to run and shoots up the cat tree like a flash. All of the cats have a bit
of extra padding right now - the tend to put on a bit of weight for winter
even though they're all indoor-only cats.

Demi, who nobody ever sees is our most gorgeous cat - pure white long
flowing hair. She's 9 years old. She is *SO* shy, however, that she seldom
ventures out from her bedroom (yes, we are *that* crazy that the cats have
their own bedroom - at least we make them share).

>
> I tried to identify them from your pages but got confused.
>
> Now a little more technical.
>
> How do you process your videos? Basically, what is your capture
> method, assuming analog and what do you process your videos into MPEG
> with?

I have a tiny little Kodak digital camera that, with a 1 gig memory card,
can take about an hour's worth of video. It came with a docking station
that hooks up to my computer. The video transfers to my computer as ".mov"
files - the only reason I convert them to mpeg is for size. I use ArcSoft
Showbiz DVD to do the conversion.

>
> I'm just curious as I have to make the leap into editing my own video
> if I ever expect to show you people how crazy this cat is.

I really don't know anything at all about making videos for the web - mine
are all *way* to big (takes too long to download) even when I use maximum
compression (which makes them look ****ty).

Hugs,

CatNipped



>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 21st 07, 10:20 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "-Lost" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>>
>>> For those who emailed me about Archer, he's doing fine - here's
>>> the video I promised showing *exactly* how well he's doing! ;>
>>>
>>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Acrobats.mpg
>>>
>>> That really loud *SMACK* you'll hear is Ozzy falling sideways down
>>> onto my glass coffee table from a jump of over 5 feet into the air
>>> - I swear that, like young children, kittens are partially made of
>>> rubber! ;>
>>
>> Yowch! Sounds like it hurt but knowing cats I doubt it. Or if it
>> did it wasn't as important as your magic wand. AHA. OK, I cannot
>> tell a lie -- I cracked up when I saw him fly off screen.
>
> I don't know how he didn't break something - he hit the glass coffee table
> sying sideways and the back half of his body is what smacked the surface.
> After I knew he was all right and when I watch the video I cracked up too.
> DH and I keept going over that one part and couldn't help but giggle with
> each SMACK (and then seeing him run right back over to play some more).
> That's why I think they're partially made of rubber.
>
> When Sammy was a little kitten, she tried to run out of the french door
> that leads from my bedroom to the deck. Those doors swell really badly
> here in Houston at that time of year with all the humidity, so as I was
> coming in I slammed it really hard and caught her right on the ribs. I
> burst into hysterical tears because I thought I had surely killed her, but
> when I coaxed her out from under the bed and brought her to the vet, he
> didn't even see a cracked rib on the x-rays. We watched her closely for
> the next couple of weeks, but she was fine. Then about 2 weeks later she
> was behind my open closet door and I didn't see her opking her paw through
> the crack trying to catch my ankle as I walked by and I closed the door on
> her leg! Again, I screamed as loud as she did, but again the vet found
> nothing wrong. It's funny in a pathetic sort of way, but now every time
> she walks through any door in the house she creeps up on it slowly,
> keeping her eyes glued to it for any hint of movement, and then *DASHES*
> across the threshold as quickly as she possibly can move that humongous
> body.
>
>>
>> Some questions for you though, could you identify the cats for me?
>>
>> Who is Archer's twin there?
>
> Archer is the orinj-stripey cat with the white bib and paws. His bro-fur
> is Ozzy who is orinj-stripey all over his body except for the very tip of
> his tail. They're from the same litter, but Ozzy is about half as big
> again as Archer and *much* more muscular (he is *solid*)! Archer is much
> smaller boned and very skinny.
>
>>
>> Who is "Fat Kat?"
>
> That's Samantha (AKA Sammy, AKA Samazon). Whe 3 years old. Like all my
> cats, she's a rescued "moggie" as the british say, but from looks and
> temperment and size I would say she is 99.999999999% Maine Coon. She has
> all the characteristics of the breed. She's 18 pounds of muscle (OK, she
> has a bit of winter padding just now too, so maybe 18 pounds of muscle and
> 2 pounds of, erm, "fluff" as she likes to call it). I think 8 pounds of
> it is fur. Her paws as as big as the palms of my hand and it takes both
> hands to encircle her neck.
>
> When we can hold her down long enough to brush her we get enough hair out
> of her to knit a kitten (a mass of hair about as big as my head - and you
> could get that much off her every other day)! You can pour a glass of
> water on her and her coat is so water repellent that it just beads up and
> falls off. She is *extremely* strong and when you try doing anything to
> her that she doesn't want done (like clip her back claws) you'd better
> come armed with a tranquilizer gun if you value your life. Even clipping
> her front claws is an adventure - I have to get one of DH's socks and put
> that over her head and then clip really, really fast.
>
> When you see a picture of just her you don't realize how big she is
> because she's nicely proportioned, but when you see her next to a "normal"
> sized cat it really shows:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Jessie17/ or this one laying next
> to my RB Bandit: http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy21/.
>
> What's scary is that I've heard Maine Coons can continue to grow for their
> first *FIVE* years - and can get to be 20 - 25 pounds!
>
>>
>> Who is the kitty who really didn't care for the action? Jessie,
>> right?
>
> Jessie is actually my most active adult cat. Even at 8 years old she
> loves to run and shoots up the cat tree like a flash. All of the cats
> have a bit of extra padding right now - the tend to put on a bit of weight
> for winter even though they're all indoor-only cats.
>
> Demi, who nobody ever sees is our most gorgeous cat - pure white long
> flowing hair. She's 9 years old. She is *SO* shy, however, that she
> seldom ventures out from her bedroom (yes, we are *that* crazy that the
> cats have their own bedroom - at least we make them share).
>
>>
>> I tried to identify them from your pages but got confused.
>>
>> Now a little more technical.
>>
>> How do you process your videos? Basically, what is your capture
>> method, assuming analog and what do you process your videos into MPEG
>> with?
>
> I have a tiny little Kodak digital camera that, with a 1 gig memory card,
> can take about an hour's worth of video. It came with a docking station
> that hooks up to my computer. The video transfers to my computer as
> ".mov" files - the only reason I convert them to mpeg is for size. I use
> ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to do the conversion.
>
>>
>> I'm just curious as I have to make the leap into editing my own video
>> if I ever expect to show you people how crazy this cat is.
>
> I really don't know anything at all about making videos for the web - mine
> are all *way* to big (takes too long to download) even when I use maximum
> compression (which makes them look ****ty).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

ACK - please excuse the typos, that's another problem my arthritis causes
(yeah, blame it on that - that's the ticket)! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

>
>
>
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --
>> -Lost
>> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
>> kidding. No I am not.
>
>

-Lost
November 22nd 07, 01:59 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

<snip>

>> she did, but again the vet found nothing wrong. It's funny in a
>> pathetic sort of way, but now every time she walks through any
>> door in the house she creeps up on it slowly, keeping her eyes
>> glued to it for any hint of movement, and then *DASHES* across
>> the threshold as quickly as she possibly can move that humongous
>> body.

I'm wondering myself when Gabby is going to learn this about the
refrigerator door. Here are a couple funny moments where we sometimes
think how in the world did he get there (but it had to be us and his
quickness).

1. Couldn't find him one day and after several minutes saw the
refrigerator door slightly open. He was in there! No one could figure
it out, but it had to be him sneaking in as it was closed or something.

2. He gets locked in the girls bedroom at least 3 or 4 times a day.
The rule is to keep it closed because he still likes chewing stuff.
Yet he sure seems to find himself in there constantly.

3. I found him asleep in the bathtub the other day.

4. He now sleeps IN my youngest daughter's play pen if she is in it or
not. It's actually a nuisance because if she is awake and moving that
means Gabby wants to play. Otherwise it is cute as can be.

5. I have a large hutch or curio (I forgot what its called) that has
doors at the bottom where I store some of my electronic equipment. We
heard meowing and couldn't find it to save our lives. After we sat
down to think of what we were hearing and where Gabby could possibly
be, we all glanced in the direction of movement that was him coming out
of the doors!

6. I have found him asleep in the dryer EVERY single time someone
forgets to shut the door to it.

7. We have an aquarium in the utility/laundry room that is filled with
pond snails and pesky snails and sits in the sun. Yep, found him there
too. The weirdest thing about this one is it is on a stand up against
the wall and the only way I could think of that he could get up there
is to leap from the washing machine onto it -- SEVERAL feet away, at
least 4 or 5.

>>> Some questions for you though, could you identify the cats for
>>> me?
>>>
>>> Who is Archer's twin there?
>>
>> Archer is the orinj-stripey cat with the white bib and paws. His
>> bro-fur is Ozzy who is orinj-stripey all over his body except for
>> the very tip of his tail. They're from the same litter, but Ozzy
>> is about half as big again as Archer and *much* more muscular (he
>> is *solid*)! Archer is much smaller boned and very skinny.

Ah, OK. I can see the difference now that you've explained it.

>>> Who is "Fat Kat?"
>>
>> That's Samantha (AKA Sammy, AKA Samazon).
<snip>
>> When you see a picture of just her you don't realize how big she
>> is because she's nicely proportioned, but when you see her next
>> to a "normal" sized cat it really shows:
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Jessie17/ or this one
>> laying next to my RB Bandit:
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy21/.
>>
>> What's scary is that I've heard Maine Coons can continue to grow
>> for their first *FIVE* years - and can get to be 20 - 25 pounds!

That's crazy! And I've changed "Fat Kat" to "Slightly Padded Muscular
Kitty." HAHA! I still think she looks like a small bear lumbering
into the scene every time I watch "Acrocats."

By the way, in "Sammy21" did Bandit's eyes glow that green naturally?
That is waaaaaaay cool.

>>> Who is the kitty who really didn't care for the action? Jessie,
>>> right?
>>
>> Jessie is actually my most active adult cat. Even at 8 years old
>> she loves to run and shoots up the cat tree like a flash. All of
>> the cats have a bit of extra padding right now - the tend to put
>> on a bit of weight for winter even though they're all indoor-only
>> cats.
>>
>> Demi, who nobody ever sees is our most gorgeous cat - pure white
>> long flowing hair. She's 9 years old. She is *SO* shy, however,
>> that she seldom ventures out from her bedroom (yes, we are *that*
>> crazy that the cats have their own bedroom - at least we make
>> them share).

Ah, OK. I wondered where that fluffy cloud was.

>>> How do you process your videos? Basically, what is your capture
>>> method, assuming analog and what do you process your videos into
>>> MPEG with?
>>
>> I have a tiny little Kodak digital camera that, with a 1 gig
>> memory card, can take about an hour's worth of video. It came
>> with a docking station that hooks up to my computer. The video
>> transfers to my computer as ".mov" files - the only reason I
>> convert them to mpeg is for size. I use ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to
>> do the conversion.

Interesting... all my picture are taken with a "tiny little Kodak
digital camera" "with a 1 gig memory card!" You stalking me?

Seriously though, I have a Kodak EasyShare P850 5.1 Megapixel camera
that shoots video in MOV format too. : )

>>> I'm just curious as I have to make the leap into editing my own
>>> video if I ever expect to show you people how crazy this cat is.
>>
>> I really don't know anything at all about making videos for the
>> web - mine are all *way* to big (takes too long to download) even
>> when I use maximum compression (which makes them look ****ty).

Well, I have a JVC MiniDV camcorder as well that I'll need to buy a
Fireware card for downloading the DV files onto the computer. But what
little I do know is this:

Your video was encoded at a bitrate of 1130 Kbps at 29.970 fps with a
resolution of 352*240 and aspect ratio of 4:3. The audio was MPEG
layer II at 224 Kbps and 44100 Hz. The number one causes for increased
file sizes in video are:

Bitrate - So rather than making an NTSC VCD you could see if there is
an export to Web option.

Resolution - Which would make your overall resolution smaller,
resulting in less data to achieve a quality picture. It's a little
more technical than that, but that's basically it. A smaller picture
requires less data to be "detailed looking."

Audio - This is a REALLY big area for tons of data. For this video I
would have used MPEG layer II at around 64 Kbps if your encoder allows
for that and take the sampling frequency down WAY low, like 8000 Hz.

This would make your audio less crisp and audible, but in a video like
this it may not be what's important. You could even trade off on the
sound or cut it completely and then still have higher quality video
because there is no sound to take up that space.

Of course the codecs you use in general will assist. I think a lot of
people are using DivX and Xvid for MPEG compression now. Not totally
sure.

> ACK - please excuse the typos, that's another problem my arthritis
> causes (yeah, blame it on that - that's the ticket)! ;>

Spell Checker for Outlook Express version 2.1. (The version is 2.1,
not OE 2.1).

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952

Works like a charm!

See ya'.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 22nd 07, 04:37 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> she did, but again the vet found nothing wrong. It's funny in a
>>> pathetic sort of way, but now every time she walks through any
>>> door in the house she creeps up on it slowly, keeping her eyes
>>> glued to it for any hint of movement, and then *DASHES* across
>>> the threshold as quickly as she possibly can move that humongous
>>> body.
>
> I'm wondering myself when Gabby is going to learn this about the
> refrigerator door. Here are a couple funny moments where we sometimes
> think how in the world did he get there (but it had to be us and his
> quickness).

Well because cats can teleport, of course! ;>

>
> 1. Couldn't find him one day and after several minutes saw the
> refrigerator door slightly open. He was in there! No one could figure
> it out, but it had to be him sneaking in as it was closed or something.
>
> 2. He gets locked in the girls bedroom at least 3 or 4 times a day.
> The rule is to keep it closed because he still likes chewing stuff.
> Yet he sure seems to find himself in there constantly.
>
> 3. I found him asleep in the bathtub the other day.
>
> 4. He now sleeps IN my youngest daughter's play pen if she is in it or
> not. It's actually a nuisance because if she is awake and moving that
> means Gabby wants to play. Otherwise it is cute as can be.
>
> 5. I have a large hutch or curio (I forgot what its called) that has
> doors at the bottom where I store some of my electronic equipment. We
> heard meowing and couldn't find it to save our lives. After we sat
> down to think of what we were hearing and where Gabby could possibly
> be, we all glanced in the direction of movement that was him coming out
> of the doors!
>
> 6. I have found him asleep in the dryer EVERY single time someone
> forgets to shut the door to it.

ACK! *Very* dangerous place to nap - I'm sure you check it before adding
clothes, but please make sure the girls don't turn it on with him in there.
I had a friend whose cat died that way (warning, gross: She opened up the
drier to get her clothes, saw the cat's body and grabbed his tail to pull
him out - the tail came off in her hand, he was actually "cooked" inside of
there).

>
> 7. We have an aquarium in the utility/laundry room that is filled with
> pond snails and pesky snails and sits in the sun. Yep, found him there
> too. The weirdest thing about this one is it is on a stand up against
> the wall and the only way I could think of that he could get up there
> is to leap from the washing machine onto it -- SEVERAL feet away, at
> least 4 or 5.

Archer likes to jump from the cat tree to the top of the aquarium - he is
fascinated by the fish (it has a plexiglass top that he can see through).
The fish get especially interesting and active (and *close*) right after DH
drops food into their tank, so Archer waits anxiously for the sound of the
fish food can tapping on the side of the tank (DH has the fish trained to
come when called :>). One day Archer was in the other room when he heard
the tapping. He came barrelling into the great room, dashed up the side of
the cat tree like greased lightning, and leaped through the air to land on
the transparent lid. The only hitch was DH hadn't finished feeding the fish
and the lid was still up. Archer did a perfect swan dive into the tank,
looked out through the front of the tank in horror (about half way to the
bottom), and rose from the other side to leap down and take off running,
streaming water the whole way. He and Ozzy spent the next 2 hours licking
him dry while casting dirty looks at DH for the mean trick he pulled!

>
>>>> Some questions for you though, could you identify the cats for
>>>> me?
>>>>
>>>> Who is Archer's twin there?
>>>
>>> Archer is the orinj-stripey cat with the white bib and paws. His
>>> bro-fur is Ozzy who is orinj-stripey all over his body except for
>>> the very tip of his tail. They're from the same litter, but Ozzy
>>> is about half as big again as Archer and *much* more muscular (he
>>> is *solid*)! Archer is much smaller boned and very skinny.
>
> Ah, OK. I can see the difference now that you've explained it.
>
>>>> Who is "Fat Kat?"
>>>
>>> That's Samantha (AKA Sammy, AKA Samazon).
> <snip>
>>> When you see a picture of just her you don't realize how big she
>>> is because she's nicely proportioned, but when you see her next
>>> to a "normal" sized cat it really shows:
>>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Jessie17/ or this one
>>> laying next to my RB Bandit:
>>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy21/.
>>>
>>> What's scary is that I've heard Maine Coons can continue to grow
>>> for their first *FIVE* years - and can get to be 20 - 25 pounds!
>
> That's crazy! And I've changed "Fat Kat" to "Slightly Padded Muscular
> Kitty." HAHA! I still think she looks like a small bear lumbering
> into the scene every time I watch "Acrocats."
>
> By the way, in "Sammy21" did Bandit's eyes glow that green naturally?
> That is waaaaaaay cool.

Cat's eyes are reflective, they often look that way in photos (the
equivalent of "red eye" in human pictures). But at that time Bandit was
blind (she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain, on the bottom of her
frontal lobe, where it pressed down on the optic nerve causing her
blindness).

>
>>>> Who is the kitty who really didn't care for the action? Jessie,
>>>> right?
>>>
>>> Jessie is actually my most active adult cat. Even at 8 years old
>>> she loves to run and shoots up the cat tree like a flash. All of
>>> the cats have a bit of extra padding right now - the tend to put
>>> on a bit of weight for winter even though they're all indoor-only
>>> cats.
>>>
>>> Demi, who nobody ever sees is our most gorgeous cat - pure white
>>> long flowing hair. She's 9 years old. She is *SO* shy, however,
>>> that she seldom ventures out from her bedroom (yes, we are *that*
>>> crazy that the cats have their own bedroom - at least we make
>>> them share).
>
> Ah, OK. I wondered where that fluffy cloud was.
>
>>>> How do you process your videos? Basically, what is your capture
>>>> method, assuming analog and what do you process your videos into
>>>> MPEG with?
>>>
>>> I have a tiny little Kodak digital camera that, with a 1 gig
>>> memory card, can take about an hour's worth of video. It came
>>> with a docking station that hooks up to my computer. The video
>>> transfers to my computer as ".mov" files - the only reason I
>>> convert them to mpeg is for size. I use ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to
>>> do the conversion.
>
> Interesting... all my picture are taken with a "tiny little Kodak
> digital camera" "with a 1 gig memory card!" You stalking me?
>
> Seriously though, I have a Kodak EasyShare P850 5.1 Megapixel camera
> that shoots video in MOV format too. : )

Mine is a Kodak EasyShare V530. You can put the ".mov" files on the web and
QuickTime will play them, but they're much larger that way.

>
>>>> I'm just curious as I have to make the leap into editing my own
>>>> video if I ever expect to show you people how crazy this cat is.
>>>
>>> I really don't know anything at all about making videos for the
>>> web - mine are all *way* to big (takes too long to download) even
>>> when I use maximum compression (which makes them look ****ty).
>
> Well, I have a JVC MiniDV camcorder as well that I'll need to buy a
> Fireware card for downloading the DV files onto the computer. But what
> little I do know is this:

I have a JVC too!!! But it's not a mini - it's an old wone that uses the
little tapes. It does firewire into my computer, but takes special software
and it's a lot clunkier than the Kodak - plus the Kodak takes better
pictures.

>
> Your video was encoded at a bitrate of 1130 Kbps at 29.970 fps with a
> resolution of 352*240 and aspect ratio of 4:3. The audio was MPEG
> layer II at 224 Kbps and 44100 Hz. The number one causes for increased
> file sizes in video are:
>
> Bitrate - So rather than making an NTSC VCD you could see if there is
> an export to Web option.
>
> Resolution - Which would make your overall resolution smaller,
> resulting in less data to achieve a quality picture. It's a little
> more technical than that, but that's basically it. A smaller picture
> requires less data to be "detailed looking."
>
> Audio - This is a REALLY big area for tons of data. For this video I
> would have used MPEG layer II at around 64 Kbps if your encoder allows
> for that and take the sampling frequency down WAY low, like 8000 Hz.
>
> This would make your audio less crisp and audible, but in a video like
> this it may not be what's important. You could even trade off on the
> sound or cut it completely and then still have higher quality video
> because there is no sound to take up that space.
>
> Of course the codecs you use in general will assist. I think a lot of
> people are using DivX and Xvid for MPEG compression now. Not totally
> sure.

You clearly know *WAY* more than me about video and most of what you wrote
went so far over my head it didn't even muss my hair on the way by. But I
will share this info with DH and see if he can help me change the setting on
my DVD software to get better video output.

>
>> ACK - please excuse the typos, that's another problem my arthritis
>> causes (yeah, blame it on that - that's the ticket)! ;>
>
> Spell Checker for Outlook Express version 2.1. (The version is 2.1,
> not OE 2.1).
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952
>
> Works like a charm!

Not for me. Watch I'll put "me" instead of "be" - see, it didn't work!!!
;> Seriously, it doesn't even catch spelling errors that end up as not even
a word. Let's try krpist and see what happens when I hit send (I have my
settings to spell check on send).

Hugs,

CatNipped

>
> See ya'.
>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 22nd 07, 04:37 PM
> Not for me. Watch I'll put "me" instead of "be" - see, it didn't work!!!
> ;> Seriously, it doesn't even catch spelling errors that end up as not
> even a word. Let's try krpist and see what happens when I hit send (I
> have my settings to spell check on send).

Yep, it sent it without asking me to fix the mis-spell. What's up with
that?

Hugs,

CatNipped

-Lost
November 22nd 07, 06:18 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

>> Not for me. Watch I'll put "me" instead of "be" - see, it didn't
>> work!!! ;> Seriously, it doesn't even catch spelling errors that
>> end up as not even a word. Let's try krpist and see what happens
>> when I hit send (I have my settings to spell check on send).
>
> Yep, it sent it without asking me to fix the mis-spell. What's up
> with that?

Hrmm... I've no clue, seriously. It should have installed some files
to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\proof

And like you've seen then you have options to spell check on the
"Spell" tab in Outlook Express.

Here are my options:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/SpellCheck02?
authkey=SPCOy1dCn8Y

I also tried checking with a test message to a newsgroup in Outlook
Express and it worked. Do you have Office installed? Perhaps its
default spell checker is causing problems?

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.