PDA

View Full Version : Ping Sheelagh

CatNipped[_2_]
November 24th 07, 05:43 PM
I tried replying to your email and got a bounce notice. So, since I'm not
saying anything confidential, if you don't mind, I'll just reply here....

Thanks chickie-dee! I appreciate the support.

Yeah, we old-timers tend to forget that everyone here doesn't know the
history and why a certain person saying a certain thing will bring instant
retribution! ;>

I could write a book about these cat groups and the people who haunt them -
but then nobody outside our groups would have the slightest interest in
reading it!

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.

And just for kicks, here is the first Post I could find when I googled my
screen name - it was posted on August 2, 1995 to rec.pets.cats (before the
split):

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/browse_frm/thread/2ffb447d0e0ecc2d/1f799f498adfb6d6?lnk=st&q=group%3Arec.pets.cats+author%3ACatNipped#1f799f4 98adfb6d6

or

http://tinyurl.com/yuq5pe

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
November 24th 07, 07:48 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I tried replying to your email and got a bounce notice. So, since I'm not
>>saying anything confidential, if you don't mind, I'll just reply here....
>>
>> Thanks chickie-dee! I appreciate the support.
>>
>> Yeah, we old-timers tend to forget that everyone here doesn't know the
>> history and why a certain person saying a certain thing will bring
>> instant retribution! ;>
>>
>> I could write a book about these cat groups and the people who haunt
>> them - but then nobody outside our groups would have the slightest
>> interest in reading it!
>>
>> Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.
>>
>> And just for kicks, here is the first Post I could find when I googled my
>> screen name - it was posted on August 2, 1995 to rec.pets.cats (before
>> the split):
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/browse_frm/thread/2ffb447d0e0ecc2d/1f799f498adfb6d6?lnk=st&q=group%3Arec.pets.cats+author%3ACatNipped#1f799f4 98adfb6d6
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yuq5pe
>>

>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/
>
> Being posted so long ago Does this mean you joined us old farts? ;-)
> <BIG SMILE>

No it means I was here *before* you old farts - does that make me old as
dirt!?? ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sheelagh>\o\
November 25th 07, 02:58 PM
On 24 Nov, 17:43, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I tried replying to your email and got a bounce notice. So, since I'm not
> saying anything confidential, if you don't mind, I'll just reply here....
>
> Thanks chickie-dee! I appreciate the support.
>
> Yeah, we old-timers tend to forget that everyone here doesn't know the
> history and why a certain person saying a certain thing will bring instant
> retribution! ;>
>
> I could write a book about these cat groups and the people who haunt them -
> but then nobody outside our groups would have the slightest interest in
> reading it!
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.
>
> And just for kicks, here is the first Post I could find when I googled my
> screen name - it was posted on August 2, 1995 to rec.pets.cats (before the
> split):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/browse_frm/thread/2ffb44...
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yuq5pe
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

LOL, that is no problem at all. I'm delighted that someone had the
time to sit down & explain the dynamics of the group, how it came
about, & what happend thereafter.

I have been around for just over a year & your explanation was the
most comprehensive one that I've heard so far, & I bet there are
others out there that think the same way....

I think we all err at times, but it helps to understand why you get a
hot spot reaction, especially if you are new here. Some learn the hard
way, others are much more sensible & sit back & watch, but whichever
way you learn, it is interesting to know how, where &, why some people
seemingly go off the deep end for no obvious reason.

I think it was a good post. Thank you!
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh>\o\
November 25th 07, 03:00 PM
On 24 Nov, 19:48, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message

> > "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> >>I tried replying to your email and got a bounce notice. So, since I'm not
> >>saying anything confidential, if you don't mind, I'll just reply here....
>
> >> Thanks chickie-dee! I appreciate the support.
>
> >> Yeah, we old-timers tend to forget that everyone here doesn't know the
> >> history and why a certain person saying a certain thing will bring
> >> instant retribution! ;>
>
> >> I could write a book about these cat groups and the people who haunt
> >> them - but then nobody outside our groups would have the slightest
> >> interest in reading it!
>
> >> Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.
>
> >> And just for kicks, here is the first Post I could find when I googled my
> >> screen name - it was posted on August 2, 1995 to rec.pets.cats (before
> >> the split):
>
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/browse_frm/thread/2ffb44...
>
> >> or
>
> >>http://tinyurl.com/yuq5pe
>
> >> --
>
> >> Hugs,
>
> >> CatNipped
>
> >> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/
>
> > Being posted so long ago Does this mean you joined us old farts? ;-)
> > <BIG SMILE>
>
> No it means I was here *before* you old farts - does that make me old as
> dirt!?? ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

I guess that makes us green-gauges, Lol
Sheelagh >"o"<

IBen Getiner[_2_]
November 27th 07, 10:06 AM
On Nov 24, 12:43�pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:

> I read in this group, not long ago, the name for the phobia of cats.
> Does anyone remember what it was?

A dog person.......?

bookie
November 27th 07, 11:45 PM
On Nov 24, 5:43 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I tried replying to your email and got a bounce notice. So, since I'm not
> saying anything confidential, if you don't mind, I'll just reply here....
>
> Thanks chickie-dee! I appreciate the support.
>
> Yeah, we old-timers tend to forget that everyone here doesn't know the
> history and why a certain person saying a certain thing will bring instant
> retribution! ;>
>
> I could write a book about these cat groups and the people who haunt them -
> but then nobody outside our groups would have the slightest interest in
> reading it!
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.
>
> And just for kicks, here is the first Post I could find when I googled my
> screen name - it was posted on August 2, 1995 to rec.pets.cats (before the
> split):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/browse_frm/thread/2ffb44...
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yuq5pe
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

btw how are all your masters? how are the little ginger fuzzballs?
archie and the other one whose name i have forgotten (very sorry!!!)
have the older ones come to terms with the little 'uns?

bookie