PDA

View Full Version : My Cat is acting so strange and sick

manga58
November 26th 07, 12:59 AM
For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. Her
appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. She doesn't want me to pick her up.
My two other cats have been laying down next to her and watching over her.
She always likes me to pick her up. She has never slept this much. She
always follows me everywhere and sleeps with me every night. This really is
scaring me. I have been bringing food and water to her. She takes a little
and falls back to sleep. She hasn't moved from the couch since yesterday.
The health care for people isn't that great in my area, let alone me trusting
a vet. I am taking her in the morning, but until then what do I do? She's
my little sweet pea
Please help

Spot[_2_]
November 26th 07, 01:02 AM
You should not have left his go more than 2 days. Any time a cat get
lethargic for more than 24 hours something is wrong and they need seen by a
vet. I hope everything is ok.

Celeste

"manga58" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. Her
> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. She doesn't want me to pick her
> up.
> My two other cats have been laying down next to her and watching over her.
> She always likes me to pick her up. She has never slept this much. She
> always follows me everywhere and sleeps with me every night. This really
> is
> scaring me. I have been bringing food and water to her. She takes a
> little
> and falls back to sleep. She hasn't moved from the couch since yesterday.
> The health care for people isn't that great in my area, let alone me
> trusting
> a vet. I am taking her in the morning, but until then what do I do?
> She's
> my little sweet pea
> Please help

manga58
November 26th 07, 01:20 AM
Spot wrote:
>You should not have left his go more than 2 days. Any time a cat get
>lethargic for more than 24 hours something is wrong and they need seen by a
>vet. I hope everything is ok.
>
>Celeste
>
>> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. Her
>> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. She doesn't want me to pick her
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>> my little sweet pea
>> Please help
Thanks for the response. I just checked on her and she's still real tired.
We don't have the best vet's here. I am taking her first thing in the
morning. They won't even answer questions on the phone. I have been
checking on her (and probably will all night, too worried to sleep) but she
seems a little better.

November 26th 07, 02:53 AM
Sounds like liver failure to me

manga58
November 26th 07, 03:28 AM
wrote:
>Sounds like liver failure to me
What do you mean liver failure? I finally got a hold of a vet, I'm bringing
her in the am. Her pupils are even and her gums are pink. I just don't
understand this, I take better care of my cats than most people take care of
there kids! The vet said there is no life or death situation here. We are
going to do a full CBC tommorrow and find out what's up. I am not sleeping
tonite and neither is my husband, we love our little sweet pea, and the other
cats and our dog is fine,,just worried. We are all very close and this whole
thing is so upsetting. But, thanks for the response..

Gail[_2_]
November 26th 07, 04:08 AM
Please let us know what the vet says. I am glad you are taking her.
Gail
"manga58" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> wrote:
>>Sounds like liver failure to me
> What do you mean liver failure? I finally got a hold of a vet, I'm
> bringing
> her in the am. Her pupils are even and her gums are pink. I just don't
> understand this, I take better care of my cats than most people take care
> of
> there kids! The vet said there is no life or death situation here. We
> are
> going to do a full CBC tommorrow and find out what's up. I am not
> sleeping
> tonite and neither is my husband, we love our little sweet pea, and the
> other
> cats and our dog is fine,,just worried. We are all very close and this
> whole
> thing is so upsetting. But, thanks for the response..

manga58
November 26th 07, 04:14 AM
Gail wrote:
>Please let us know what the vet says. I am glad you are taking her.
>Gail
>>>Sounds like liver failure to me
>> What do you mean liver failure? I finally got a hold of a vet, I'm
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>> whole
>> thing is so upsetting. But, thanks for the response..
Thank you for your concern. It means alot to me. Outside of my husband and
our kids, my animals mean the world to me. Some say I'm a bit neurotic about
my animals, (they were strays) but they have no idea how much joy they bring!
I just want my cat to be alright. Bless you!

November 26th 07, 07:25 AM
didnt mean to sound so cold. my cats mean everything to me to. the same
thing happenned to a roomates dog a while ago, perfectly healthy, hope all
is well tommorrow, all the best. please let us know

IBen Getiner
November 26th 07, 07:47 AM
On Nov 25, 7:59�pm, "manga58" <[email protected]> wrote:
> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. �Her
> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. �She doesn't want me to pick her up.
> My two other cats have been laying down next to her and watching over her.
> She always likes me to pick her up. �She has never slept this much.. �She
> always follows me everywhere and sleeps with me every night. �This really is
> scaring me. �I have been bringing food and water to her. She takes a little
> and falls back to sleep. �She hasn't moved from the couch since yesterday.
> The health care for people isn't that great in my area, let alone me trusting
> a vet. �I am taking her in the morning, but until then what do I do? �She's
> my little sweet pea
> Please help

My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
instead of bothering everybody in here?

IBen Getiner

manga58 via CatKB.com
November 26th 07, 02:07 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:
>> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. �Her
>> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. �She doesn't want me to pick her up.
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> my little sweet pea
>> Please help
>
>My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
>instead of bothering everybody in here?
>
>IBen Getiner
Ben, from what I read this morning, it's called moral support, not a bother.
But thanks for your response, dear

Anoymous Cat lover[_2_]
November 27th 07, 06:30 PM
On Nov 26, 9:07*am, "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> >> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. �Her
> >> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. �She doesn't want me to pick her up.
> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> >> my little sweet pea
> >> Please help
>
> >My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
> >instead of bothering everybody in here?
>
> >IBen Getiner
>
> Ben, from what I read this morning, it's called moral support, not a bother.

IBen Getiner[_2_]
November 28th 07, 10:45 AM
On Nov 26, 9:07*am, "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> >> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. �Her
> >> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. �She doesn't want me to pick her up.
> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> >> my little sweet pea
> >> Please help
>
> >My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
> >instead of bothering everybody in here?
>
> >IBen Getiner
>
> Ben, from what I read this morning, it's called moral support, not a bother.

IBen Getiner[_2_]
November 28th 07, 10:47 AM
On Nov 27, 1:30*pm, Anoymous Cat lover >
wrote:

> > >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>
> > >My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
> > >instead of bothering everybody in here?
>
> > >IBen Getiner
>
> > Ben, from what I read this morning, it's called moral support, not a bother.
> > But thanks for your response, dear
>
> > --
>
> Igonore him *I am a lurker here and can tell he is a troll
>
> I hope your four leg is doing ok today- Hide quoted text -

YOU are the one to be ignored. I have never so much as offered up ONE
preempted cruel word to you . It has all come from you.

Hater

IBen Getiner

Sheelagh>\o\
November 28th 07, 12:53 PM
On 26 Nov, 14:07, "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> >> For the past week my beautiful cat, age 6, was sleeping non-stop. �Her
> >> appetite is very low, she hardly gets up. �She doesn't want me to pick her up.
> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> >> my little sweet pea
> >> Please help
>
> >My advice is to take him to the Vet. Why don't you just do that
> >instead of bothering everybody in here?
>
> >IBen Getiner
>
> Ben, from what I read this morning, it's called moral support, not a bother.

manga58 via CatKB.com
November 29th 07, 05:14 PM
Sheelagh>"o"< wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>> --
>
>You can rely on that support too. Anyone who comes here looking for
>genuine assistance, without refusing to take your fur-Ball to the vet,
>would receive the same support.
>Continued thoughts & purrs,
>
>Sheelagh >"o"<
>
>PS: How did things go at the vet's for your little fur-Ball?

I took her in and they took some blood tests. She tested positive for feline
lukemia. My old vet failed to check her out enough as I had asked when she
was brought to us 3 years ago. We had to put her down as she was dying fast
and suffering. It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. We are
missing her so much. I wished I had taken her to this vet a long time ago,
They were very professional, thorough and caring and supportive. We had no
idea she had this, it's heartbreaking. I have to go there tommorrow for my
dogs shots. I really am not ready to go back there, but at least now we have
a good vet that takes good care of our animals, whom we love so much. Our
family is getting through this tragic loss. The worst part of it was the
shock and quickness of it all. She was fine until that last 4 days. We know
she's in a beautiful place now and not in pain. We had a private cremation
ordered and on her box it will say "Princess-Our Little Sweet Pea" I'm going
to keep it on my bedside table, as she always slept next to me every night.
Thanks to all for your support and kindness. It gave me strength, at least
until the vet's office opened on Monday. It was the longest weekend of my
life, not knowing what was wrong. God Bless you all, Thank you

November 29th 07, 08:20 PM
"manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote

> I took her in and they took some blood tests. She tested positive for
> feline
> lukemia. My old vet failed to check her out enough as I had asked when she
> was brought to us 3 years ago. We had to put her down as she was dying
> fast
> and suffering. It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do.

I'm so sorry.

Sheelagh>\o\
November 29th 07, 09:29 PM
On 29 Nov, 17:14, "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
> >> --
>
> >You can rely on that support too. Anyone who comes here looking for
> >genuine assistance, without refusing to take your fur-Ball to the vet,
> >would receive the same support.
> >Continued thoughts & purrs,
>
> >Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> >PS: How did things go at the vet's for your little fur-Ball?
>
> I took her in and they took some blood tests. *She tested positive for feline
> lukemia. My old vet failed to check her out enough as I had asked when she
> was brought to us 3 years ago. *We had to put her down as she was dying fast
> and suffering. *It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. *We are
> missing her so much. *I wished I had taken her to this vet a long time ago,
> They were very professional, thorough and caring and supportive. We had no
> idea she had this, it's heartbreaking. I have to go there tommorrow for my
> dogs shots. *I really am not ready to go back there, but at least now we have
> a good vet that takes good care of our animals, whom we love so much. Our
> family is getting through this tragic loss. *The worst part of it was the
> shock and quickness of it all. *She was fine until that last 4 days. *We know
> she's in a beautiful place now and not in pain. *We had a private cremation
> ordered and on her box it will say "Princess-Our Little Sweet Pea" *I'm going
> to keep it on my bedside table, as she always slept next to me every night..
> Thanks to all for your support and kindness. It gave me strength, at least
> until the vet's office opened on Monday. *It was the longest weekend of my
> life, not knowing what was wrong. *God Bless you all, Thank you

Oh goodness. What a shock.! I am ever ever so sorry to hear your news,
you must all feel devastated? I really do appreciate that you are all
in shock too. All I can do is offer our heartfelt condolence's & offer
moral support if you as & when you need it.

I know that it doesn't help right now to hear this, but @ least now
that she has crossed over the rainbow Bridge, she is suffering no
more, & is in the company of all she held dear in feline terms, &
probably watching over you as well. She has taken a piece of your
heart that was hers & always will be, as she has left sweet dear
memories for you in the same manner. I'm certain she wouldn't want you
to mourn her forever. The saying is true- Time is a good healer. You
never get over it, you just learn how to live with it, & as time
passes, the burden becomes easier to bare.

We send purrs of comfort & thoughts of peace for you & your family.
I'm so sorry!
Sheelagh >"o"<

Rene S.
November 29th 07, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that you gave her a good home the
final three years of her life and a peaceful goodbye. Hugs to you,
Rene

honeybunch
November 29th 07, 11:37 PM
On Nov 29, 12:14*pm, "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
> >> --
>
> >You can rely on that support too. Anyone who comes here looking for
> >genuine assistance, without refusing to take your fur-Ball to the vet,
> >would receive the same support.
> >Continued thoughts & purrs,
>
> >Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> >PS: How did things go at the vet's for your little fur-Ball?
>
> I took her in and they took some blood tests. *She tested positive for feline
> lukemia. My old vet failed to check her out enough as I had asked when she
> was brought to us 3 years ago. *We had to put her down as she was dying fast
> and suffering. *It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. *We are
> missing her so much. *I wished I had taken her to this vet a long time ago,
> They were very professional, thorough and caring and supportive. We had no
> idea she had this, it's heartbreaking. I have to go there tommorrow for my
> dogs shots. *I really am not ready to go back there, but at least now we have
> a good vet that takes good care of our animals, whom we love so much. Our
> family is getting through this tragic loss. *The worst part of it was the
> shock and quickness of it all. *She was fine until that last 4 days. *We know
> she's in a beautiful place now and not in pain. *We had a private cremation
> ordered and on her box it will say "Princess-Our Little Sweet Pea" *I'm going
> to keep it on my bedside table, as she always slept next to me every night..
> Thanks to all for your support and kindness. It gave me strength, at least
> until the vet's office opened on Monday. *It was the longest weekend of my
> life, not knowing what was wrong. *God Bless you all, Thank you

This story made tears pop out of my eyes. It is so sad. I think the
virus is communicable to other cats but not to humans or to dogs so
better inquire about your 2 other cats. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_leukemia_virus

IBen Getiner
December 2nd 07, 10:38 AM
On Nov 29, 3:20�pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "manga58 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote
>

> > I took her in and they took some blood tests. �She tested positive for
> > feline
> > lukemia. My old vet failed to check her out enough as I had asked when she
> > was brought to us 3 years ago. �We had to put her down as she was dying
> > fast
> > and suffering. �It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do.
>
> I'm so sorry.

Why are you sorry...? It's not your fault and there's nothing you can
do about it.

IBen Getiner