PDA

View Full Version : Cats Eat Quesadillas?

AR[_2_]
December 2nd 07, 08:42 PM
I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
are!

Noon Cat Nick
December 2nd 07, 08:54 PM
AR wrote:

> I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> are!

Groud meat and cheese...of course a cat would like that. When Leo sees
me eating a slice of longhorn colby, he gets frantic and demands some of
it. Which I happily oblige.

MaryL
December 2nd 07, 09:30 PM
"AR" > wrote in message
>I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> are!

Next time you make quesadillas, why not make a small amount with just the
ground meat (prefarably not spiced), green peppers and cheese. Reserve that
for your cat. Onions can be toxic to cats (a cause of Heinz body anemia),
so that is the reason for my suggestion. Your cat probably would not get
enough onions to be damaging, but it's not worth taking any risks. You can
read about it here:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1763&articleid=1108
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

IBen Getiner
December 2nd 07, 10:20 PM
On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR > wrote:
> I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> are!

Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
don't you....?

IBen Getiner

AR[_2_]
December 3rd 07, 06:14 PM
On Dec 2, 4:33 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> "AR" > wrote in message
>
> ...>I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> > onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> > mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> > don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> > Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> > a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> > just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> > excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> > are!
>
> --------
> Not to be the bearer of bad news, but please be very, very careful what you
> feed your cat. Onions (raw or cooked) cause anemia in cats. Mexican food is
> full of garlic which is also bad for cats. Don't know what other spices you
> used. Don't know about the green peppers. *Unspiced* cooked meat is okay.
> The cheese should be okay in very small quantities (assuming your cat isn't
> lactose intolerance, which many cats are). BTW, raisins and grapes can be
> deadly.
> You obviously love your cat a whole bunch. Please be careful, as you
> wouldn't want him to get sick.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Thanks guys! I never knew all those things are bad for cats. I knew
about chocolate but not those other foods. Thanks for letting me know.
I will avoid them next time. He liked the whole wheat fajita rounds
too.

As for the person who suggested I feed him American food because we
live in America....well, no comment...unbelievable...LOL!!!

AR[_2_]
December 3rd 07, 06:25 PM
On Dec 2, 5:20 pm, IBen Getiner > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR > wrote:
>
> > I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> > onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> > mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> > don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> > Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> > a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> > just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> > excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> > are!
>
> Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
> don't you....?
>
> IBen Getiner

Would you also give an Oriental Shorthair, Burmese and Siamese cat
American food? I would think you would feed them Asian food...LOL!
Maybe with a little duck and soy sauce on the side?

IBen Getiner
December 4th 07, 04:30 AM
On Dec 3, 5:00�pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> "AR" > wrote in message

> > On Dec 2, 4:33 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> >> "AR" > wrote in message
>
> ....>I
> >> just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
>
> >> --------
> >> Not to be the bearer of bad news, but please be very, very careful what
> >> you
> >> feed your cat. Onions (raw or cooked) cause anemia in cats. Mexican food
> >> is
> >> full of garlic which is also bad for cats. Don't know what other spices
> >> you
> >> used. Don't know about the green peppers. *Unspiced* cooked meat is okay.
> >> The cheese should be okay in very small quantities (assuming your cat
> >> isn't
> >> lactose intolerance, which many cats are). BTW, raisins and grapes can be
> >> deadly.
> >> You obviously love your cat a whole bunch. Please be careful, as you
> >> wouldn't want him to get sick.
> >> Best regards,
> >> ---Cindy S.
>
> > Thanks guys! I never knew all those things are bad for cats. I knew
> > about chocolate but not those other foods. Thanks for letting me know.
> > I will avoid them next time. He liked the whole wheat fajita rounds
> > too.
>
> > As for the person who suggested I feed him American food because we
> > live in America....well, no comment...unbelievable...LOL!!!
>
> -----
> Ignore him. He's a troll.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

Ignore her.. She's a ****.

IBen Getiner

IBen Getiner
December 4th 07, 04:34 AM
On Dec 3, 1:25*pm, AR > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 5:20 pm, IBen Getiner > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 2, 3:42�pm, AR > wrote:
>
> > > I just made a quesadilla with spiced ground meat, green peppers and
> > > onions and cheddar cheese and my cat went crazy. I gave a piece to my
> > > mom, and he was climbing all over her to try and snatch a piece. I
> > > don't think he has any Mexican in him being an American
> > > Shorthair...LOL, but who knew? It's strange what cats like. I never in
> > > a million years thought that would interest him, but he went nuts. I
> > > just gave him a few, small bite sized pieces. Never saw him get that
> > > excited about food before. Strange animals, these whiskered furballs
> > > are!
>
> > Why don't you give him American food? You do live in America, now
> > don't you....?
>
> > IBen Getiner
>
> Would you also give an Oriental Shorthair, Burmese and Siamese cat
> American food? I would think you would feed them Asian food...LOL!
> Maybe with a little duck and soy sauce on the side?- Hide quoted text -

LOL...!! Touche..!

At last... Someone with a sense of humor.

IBen Getiner