PDA

View Full Version : Cat survives almost three weeks with its head stuck in a jar

Noon Cat Nick
December 3rd 07, 02:57 AM
Associated Press
updated 11:28 p.m. ET Dec. 1, 2007

BARTLETT, TN--A feral cat survived for 19 days with a jar stuck on its head.

Tabitha Cain has fed the cat, which she calls Wild Oats, for several
years. The family saw the cat several times with the peanut butter jar
on its head and tried in vain to catch it. But after not seeing the cat
for a week, the Cains feared the worst.

"I thought she was going to die with that jar on her head," said Tabitha
Cain, 25.

They found the once chubby cat on Wednesday, too thin and weak to flee.
They caught her with a fishing net and used some oil to get the jar off
her head.

They gave her water and treated her wounds and on Friday she began to
eat again.

"I've heard of cats having nine lives but I think this one has 19
because she survived 19 days," said Doretha Cain, Tabitha's mother.

Memphis veterinarian Gerald Blackburn said he has heard similar stories
of pets getting trapped for days or even weeks at a time and surviving.
Blackburn said the cat may have lived off of its excess fat.