PDA

View Full Version : -Lost - My response...


CatNipped[_2_]
December 5th 07, 05:44 PM
I tried to send this via email, but my note replying to you bounced, so I'm
going to post it here (but I won't post the contents of your email without
your permission).

BTW, as I said in my post, I have no problem with letting the entire world
see what I have to say to any one person - I don't go behind people's backs
to say things about them that I'm afraid to say to their face.

And also BTW, you may ask people here on the group (or on the anecdotes
group) what they think about me - I won't respond to them with rancor under
this particular flag of truce, but I can't say it doesn't bother me that
people are willing to say nasty things about me via email but are too afraid
to post it here.

Anyway, here's my note copied and pasted from my "Sent" folder. The only
thing I added is in [()] and that only because after reading this I
regretted how harsh I sounded about Phil, because I really do like him.
But, in fairness, if I'm going to blast someone else about writing about
people behind their backs, I should be woman enough to stand up and face the
consequences it if I'm guilty of the same thing. I regret it's harshness,
but don't deny the truth of it. My email to you.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I truly am sitting here with tears in my
eyes because I *had* counted you a friend. I sincerely apologized for going
off on you that once and I thought you had forgiven me. As to the interplay
with Phil - I tried to ignore what he was saying about you rather than
coming to your defense because of Phil, not because of how I felt about you
or whether or not I thought you were telling the truth (I do - that's why I
posted video of kittens attacking children out of the blue, which, look at
the video, they clearly do).

As a long-time poster on rpch+b, I've seen what Phil is like when he gets a
bug up his @$$ about something or someone. He will keep posting flames until
his dying breath - all peppered with LOLs and sarcasm - and he gets nastier
with each post. If you do or say something he doesn't like, and he comments
about it, the best thing to do is ignore him because you'll *NEVER* get him
to change his mind. *THAT'S* why I don't dispute him about *ANYTHING*, not
just you, but anything - he is like a pit bull with a rope, he'll never let
it go - he will never let an argument die and I just don't have the energy
right now to argue with him. [(All of that is not to say that I dislike him
or ignore his advice - I have nothing but respect for him and his knowledge,
but I won't ever get in a flame war with him. And, ironically, his very
determination and stubbornness is what makes him such a good advocate of
cats, domestic and feral.)]

I don't know, at this point, how I can convince you of this, but I *DO* care
about you and your family as well as Gabby - my impression of you was of a
bright, concerned mother and brand-new cat slave. I am so, so sorry that
you've come to dislike me, because I really enjoyed corresponding with you.
Not to use it as an excuse, but this whole time of year is really difficult
for me and maybe I wrote something bitchy? If so, I profusely apologize, I
didn't mean to insult you.

As to the people who wrote to you off-line, I could probably tell you who
they are (they're all known for going behind people's back via email and
saying nasty things while either not posting on the group at all, or posting
sweet notes to the person they just skewered in the back). One of those
emailers was Megan - and we had a problem because she called my cell phone
and left a message that consisted of screaming obscenities (that's when she
quit posting to the group - I'm, by far, not the only one who had a problem
with her). What happened is something just like this - she wrote me
something (*unsolicited*) that was really, really nasty about someone else
on the group and I called her out about it, when she started flaming me and
called me a liar, I posted what she had written to me (which is what
prompted her phone call).

Yes, I've had flame wars in the past about things I've cared deeply about -
people letting cats roam freely in areas of traffic or wild animals, things
like that make me crazy and I will go off on somebody before taking a breath
and hitting the delete key. But some people like the maneuvering and
dishonesty - they get their kicks from playing people like puppets, saying
one thing in public and then saying nasty things in email. My position is
that if you have something to say, say it in public so the person you're
defaming can have a chance to refute what you say. Talking behind someone's
back is always suspect with me. As far as I'm concerned, if I say something
about someone it will be the truth and you can post it anywhere you'd like
because it *is* the truth and I'll stand by my words. Unfortunately, not
everybody feels that way.

Anyway, this note probably didn't change your mind, and that really makes me
sad, but there's not a whole heck of a lot I can do about it. I will miss
corresponding with you, but if you feel you can't trust me, at least let me
thank you for being woman enough to let me know why instead of just ignoring
my posts.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
December 5th 07, 07:07 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote:>
> As to the people who wrote to you off-line, I could probably tell you who
> they are (they're all known for going behind people's back via email and
> saying nasty things while either not posting on the group at all, or
> posting sweet notes to the person they just skewered in the back). One of
> those emailers was Megan - and we had a problem because she called my cell
> phone and left a message that consisted of screaming obscenities (that's
> when she quit posting to the group - I'm, by far, not the only one who had
> a problem with her). What happened is something just like this - she wrote
> me something (*unsolicited*) that was really, really nasty about someone
> else on the group and I called her out about it, when she started flaming
> me and called me a liar, I posted what she had written to me (which is
> what prompted her phone call).

Damn, is that psycho still ALIVE? I don't think I knew about this episode.

>
> Yes, I've had flame wars in the past about things I've cared deeply
> about - people letting cats roam freely in areas of traffic or wild
> animals, things like that make me crazy and I will go off on somebody
> before taking a breath and hitting the delete key. But some people like
> the maneuvering and dishonesty - they get their kicks from playing people
> like puppets, saying one thing in public and then saying nasty things in
> email. My position is that if you have something to say, say it in public
> so the person you're defaming can have a chance to refute what you say.
> Talking behind someone's back is always suspect with me. As far as I'm
> concerned, if I say something about someone it will be the truth and you
> can post it anywhere you'd like because it *is* the truth and I'll stand
> by my words. Unfortunately, not everybody feels that way.


Pussies, every one.

IBen Getiner
December 5th 07, 07:18 PM
On Dec 5, 12:44�pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I tried to send this via email, but my note replying to you bounced, so I'm
> going to post it here (but I won't post the contents of your email without
> your permission).
>
> BTW, as I said in my post, I have no problem with letting the entire world
> see what I have to say to any one person - I don't go behind people's backs
> to say things about them that I'm afraid to say to their face.
>
> And also BTW, you may ask people here on the group (or on the anecdotes
> group) what they think about me - I won't respond to them with rancor under
> this particular flag of truce, but I can't say it doesn't bother me that
> people are willing to say nasty things about me via email but are too afraid
> to post it here.
>
> Anyway, here's my note copied and pasted from my "Sent" folder. �The only
> thing I added is in [()] and that only because after reading this I
> regretted how harsh I sounded about Phil, because I really do like him.
> But, in fairness, if I'm going to blast someone else about writing about
> people behind their backs, I should be woman enough to stand up and face the
> consequences it if I'm guilty of the same thing. �I regret it's harshness,
> but don't deny the truth of it. �My email to you.....
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------�------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I'm so sorry you feel that way. I truly am sitting here with tears in my
> eyes because I *had* counted you a friend. I sincerely apologized for going
> off on you that once and I thought you had forgiven me. As to the interplay
> with Phil - I tried to ignore what he was saying about you rather than
> coming to your defense because of Phil, not because of how I felt about you
> or whether or not I thought you were telling the truth (I do - that's why I
> posted video of kittens attacking children out of the blue, which, look at
> the video, they clearly do).
>
> As a long-time poster on rpch+b, I've seen what Phil is like when he gets a
> bug up his @$$ about something or someone. He will keep posting flames until
> his dying breath - all peppered with LOLs and sarcasm - and he gets nastier
> with each post. If you do or say something he doesn't like, and he comments
> about it, the best thing to do is ignore him because you'll *NEVER* get him
> to change his mind. *THAT'S* why I don't dispute him about *ANYTHING*, not
> just you, but anything - he is like a pit bull with a rope, he'll never let
> it go - he will never let an argument die and I just don't have the energy
> right now to argue with him. �[(All of that is not to say that I dislike him
> or ignore his advice - I have nothing but respect for him and his knowledge,
> but I won't ever get in a flame war with him. �And, ironically, his very
> determination and stubbornness is what makes him such a good advocate of
> cats, domestic and feral.)]
>
> I don't know, at this point, how I can convince you of this, but I *DO* care
> about you and your family as well as Gabby - my impression of you was of a
> bright, concerned mother and brand-new cat slave. I am so, so sorry that
> you've come to dislike me, because I really enjoyed corresponding with you..
> Not to use it as an excuse, but this whole time of year is really difficult
> for me and maybe I wrote something bitchy? If so, I profusely apologize, I
> didn't mean to insult you.
>
> As to the people who wrote to you off-line, I could probably tell you who
> they are (they're all known for going behind people's back via email and
> saying nasty things while either not posting on the group at all, or posting
> sweet notes to the person they just skewered in the back). One of those
> emailers was Megan - and we had a problem because she called my cell phone
> and left a message that consisted of screaming obscenities (that's when she
> quit posting to the group - I'm, by far, not the only one who had a problem
> with her). What happened is something just like this - she wrote me
> something (*unsolicited*) that was really, really nasty about someone else
> on the group and I called her out about it, when she started flaming me and
> called me a liar, I posted what she had written to me (which is what
> prompted her phone call).
>
> Yes, I've had flame wars in the past about things I've cared deeply about -
> people letting cats roam freely in areas of traffic or wild animals, things
> like that make me crazy and I will go off on somebody before taking a breath
> and hitting the delete key. But some people like the maneuvering and
> dishonesty - they get their kicks from playing people like puppets, saying
> one thing in public and then saying nasty things in email. My position is
> that if you have something to say, say it in public so the person you're
> defaming can have a chance to refute what you say. Talking behind someone's
> back is always suspect with me. As far as I'm concerned, if I say something
> about someone it will be the truth and you can post it anywhere you'd like
> because it *is* the truth and I'll stand by my words. Unfortunately, not
> everybody feels that way.
>
> Anyway, this note probably didn't change your mind, and that really makes me
> sad, but there's not a whole heck of a lot I can do about it. I will miss
> corresponding with you, but if you feel you can't trust me, at least let me
> thank you for being woman enough to let me know why instead of just ignoring
> my posts.
>
> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here:http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See....! This place is full of nothing but gosipers and LIARS.


IBen Getiner

CatNipped[_2_]
December 5th 07, 07:42 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote:>
>> As to the people who wrote to you off-line, I could probably tell you who
>> they are (they're all known for going behind people's back via email and
>> saying nasty things while either not posting on the group at all, or
>> posting sweet notes to the person they just skewered in the back). One of
>> those emailers was Megan - and we had a problem because she called my
>> cell phone and left a message that consisted of screaming obscenities
>> (that's when she quit posting to the group - I'm, by far, not the only
>> one who had a problem with her). What happened is something just like
>> this - she wrote me something (*unsolicited*) that was really, really
>> nasty about someone else on the group and I called her out about it, when
>> she started flaming me and called me a liar, I posted what she had
>> written to me (which is what prompted her phone call).
>
> Damn, is that psycho still ALIVE? I don't think I knew about this episode.

I know she's still lurking here - lingering like a bad smell - because every
once is a while a newbie will post "Megan emailed me advice" (but only once,
because she probably immediately tells them to cool it and not mention her
on the group because then we'll tell them what a real nut-case she is). If
she gets "outed" by the group, then the poor little newbies will discover
she's not the all-kinowing, all-seeing cat guru she portrays herself to be.
I wonder if she tells them she has 25+ cats living with her in a one-bedroom
apartment? Can we say "cat collector" children?

>
>>
>> Yes, I've had flame wars in the past about things I've cared deeply
>> about - people letting cats roam freely in areas of traffic or wild
>> animals, things like that make me crazy and I will go off on somebody
>> before taking a breath and hitting the delete key. But some people like
>> the maneuvering and dishonesty - they get their kicks from playing people
>> like puppets, saying one thing in public and then saying nasty things in
>> email. My position is that if you have something to say, say it in public
>> so the person you're defaming can have a chance to refute what you say.
>> Talking behind someone's back is always suspect with me. As far as I'm
>> concerned, if I say something about someone it will be the truth and you
>> can post it anywhere you'd like because it *is* the truth and I'll stand
>> by my words. Unfortunately, not everybody feels that way.
>
>
> Pussies, every one.

Nope, not pussies, pussies are brave and fierce predators - I'd rather call
them chicksh*t back-stabbers. Gawd knows I've made *PLENTY* of mistakes in
my life, I've written things I've instantly regretted, but *NOBODY* can say
I didn't do it in the light of day and stand up and take my knocks for it
(*AND* had the courage and grace to apologize when I was wrong). </rant>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
December 6th 07, 03:18 PM
OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome, but
c'est la vie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
December 6th 07, 04:12 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome, but
> c'est la vie!
>
Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what tedious
people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."

Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.

CatNipped[_2_]
December 6th 07, 04:17 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome, but
>> c'est la vie!
>>
> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what tedious
> people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."
>
> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.

Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>

But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person who
could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start another
one? Hmmmm... how about this:

Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places where
large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter if they
die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
December 6th 07, 04:19 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome, but
>>> c'est la vie!
>>>
>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."
>>
>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>
> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>
> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>
> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places where
> large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter if they
> die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>
haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?

"Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
ever have." Etc.

:D

CatNipped[_2_]
December 6th 07, 04:25 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
>>>> but c'est la vie!
>>>>
>>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."
>>>
>>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>>
>> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>>
>> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
>> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
>> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>>
>> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places where
>> large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter if they
>> die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>>
> haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?
>
> "Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
> have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
> ever have." Etc.
>
> :D

Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild animal
and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
December 6th 07, 04:58 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>>
>>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
>>>>> but c'est la vie!
>>>>>
>>>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>>>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."
>>>>
>>>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>>>
>>> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>>>
>>> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
>>> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
>>> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>>>
>>> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places
>>> where large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter
>>> if they die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>>>
>> haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?
>>
>> "Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
>> have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
>> ever have." Etc.
>>
>> :D
>
> Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
> depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild
> animal and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
I still say the "Hugs" cancels out the flames. :)

CatNipped[_2_]
December 6th 07, 05:01 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>>
>>>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>>>> ...
>>>>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
>>>>>> but c'est la vie!
>>>>>>
>>>>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>>>>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people
>>>>> do."
>>>>>
>>>>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>>>>
>>>> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>>>>
>>>> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
>>>> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
>>>> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>>>>
>>>> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places
>>>> where large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter
>>>> if they die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>>>>
>>> haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?
>>>
>>> "Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
>>> have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
>>> ever have." Etc.
>>>
>>> :D
>>
>> Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
>> depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild
>> animal and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
> I still say the "Hugs" cancels out the flames. :)

LOL! Just like a cat to swipe you with her claws then lick your hand and
expect treats! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Wendy
December 8th 07, 12:00 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>>
>>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
>>>>> but c'est la vie!
>>>>>
>>>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>>>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people do."
>>>>
>>>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>>>
>>> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>>>
>>> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
>>> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
>>> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>>>
>>> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places
>>> where large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter
>>> if they die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>>>
>> haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?
>>
>> "Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
>> have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
>> ever have." Etc.
>>
>> :D
>
> Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
> depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild
> animal and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

Sorry to break into the 'flame' war but now you remind me of a jerk we had
in the store a month or so ago. He had just spent $7000 + to patch up one of
his 5 cats that had been hit by a car (and almost get killed) and still let
them all go outside. He was in to adopt yet another one and had a hissy fit
when we wouldn't give him one of our rescues. He didn't even bring in a cat
carrier but wanted us to find him a box to take the kitty home in. His
comment was that he'd rather have a cat get hit by a car then be stuck
inside and be miserable. Leash training was out with him as was any type of
enclosure. Guess that would interfere with his let the cat roam free and
happy theory. He also told us that it wasn't his or the cats fault that the
cat got hit by the car. The driver ran the stop sign and THATS why the kitty
almost became road pizza. Bottom line was that he didn't want to have to
scoop litter boxes.

<steps back off soapbox>

Wendy

-Lost
December 8th 07, 01:37 PM
Response to "Wendy" >:

> <steps back off soapbox>

<grabs some popcorn and waits for the show to start>

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
December 8th 07, 02:06 PM
"Wendy" > wrote

>His comment was that he'd rather have a cat get hit by a car then be stuck
>inside and be miserable.

A woman who had been my best friend throughout childhood and
into my thirties essentially said the same thing. She was actually
stupid enough to bring her cat to my house on a visit and let him
out in *my* neighborhood the first day she got there. Then she was
heartbroken that he did not come back. I lived on a busy city
street. He was probably terrified. That is when my friend acquired
the nickname "stupid bitch." I never felt the same about her after that.
She claims to be a great animal lover.

Leash training was out with him as was any type of
> enclosure. Guess that would interfere with his let the cat roam free and
> happy theory. He also told us that it wasn't his or the cats fault that
> the cat got hit by the car. The driver ran the stop sign and THATS why the
> kitty almost became road pizza. Bottom line was that he didn't want to
> have to scoop litter boxes.

I always suspect that this is at the heart of it.

CatNipped[_2_]
December 8th 07, 03:24 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>>
>>>>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>>>> ...
>>>>>> OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
>>>>>> but c'est la vie!
>>>>>>
>>>>> Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
>>>>> tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people
>>>>> do."
>>>>>
>>>>> Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.
>>>>
>>>> Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;>
>>>>
>>>> But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
>>>> who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
>>>> another one? Hmmmm... how about this:
>>>>
>>>> Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places
>>>> where large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter
>>>> if they die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!
>>>>
>>> haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?
>>>
>>> "Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
>>> have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
>>> ever have." Etc.
>>>
>>> :D
>>
>> Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
>> depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild
>> animal and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>
> Sorry to break into the 'flame' war but now you remind me of a jerk we had
> in the store a month or so ago. He had just spent $7000 + to patch up one
> of his 5 cats that had been hit by a car (and almost get killed) and still
> let them all go outside. He was in to adopt yet another one and had a
> hissy fit when we wouldn't give him one of our rescues. He didn't even
> bring in a cat carrier but wanted us to find him a box to take the kitty
> home in. His comment was that he'd rather have a cat get hit by a car then
> be stuck inside and be miserable. Leash training was out with him as was
> any type of enclosure. Guess that would interfere with his let the cat
> roam free and happy theory. He also told us that it wasn't his or the cats
> fault that the cat got hit by the car. The driver ran the stop sign and
> THATS why the kitty almost became road pizza. Bottom line was that he
> didn't want to have to scoop litter boxes.
>
> <steps back off soapbox>
>
> Wendy

I hope you didn't think I was *really* advocating letting cats roam!!!!! :O
I was 'harking back' to a flame war CC and I had with "Alison" (and some
other "stupid c*nt") who believed that "cats need to be fweeeeeeeeeeee" -
and yes it boiled down to they didn't want to be bothered by having to scoop
a litter box. One even had the temerity to tell my I was abusing my cats by
making them step on urine (even though I have 6 litter boxes for 5 cats and
scoop twice a day and scrub out the boxes every 10 days!!!).

I know the "norm" in the UK is to let cats outside. And those posts (what
was it CC, 800 - 1000 posts in that one thread?) didn't do a damn thing to
change anyone's mind, it just made us a lot of enemies. But I get *SO* sick
of hearing "cats need to be free - it's abusive to make them stay inside"
and then 3 weeks later that same poster will come to the group saying, "I'm
so upset, my kitty was run over by a car" or "Please pray for me my kitty
went missing and I'm so sad". We even had one who said "my kitty was torn
apart by pit bulls right in front of my eyes!" Then guess what??! They go
get another kitten and promptly put him outside, and a few months
later...... Anyway, you see where this is going.

I'm *NOT* going to get into another flame war over this issue (so put the
popcorn away, -Lost ;>). My arthritis couldn't take another 500 posts
calling people the scum of the earth without changing the fate of their cats
since they are convinced they are right.

Hugs,

CatNipped

-Lost
December 9th 07, 06:33 AM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

> I'm *NOT* going to get into another flame war over this issue (so
> put the popcorn away, -Lost ;>).

Awww...

<hangs head low and walks away while "The Lonely Man" plays softly>

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.