PDA

View Full Version : Archer's Favorite Toy

CatNipped[_2_]
December 9th 07, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

bookie
December 9th 07, 04:54 PM
On 9 Dec, 16:48, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

he has grown so much, he's GORGEOUS!!!!!! and if your house is ever
burgled by a chewed up feather duster or a stick with some tinsel
attched to the end, he will be ready to defend you all by the looks of
things.
who is watching disdainfully in the background? is that sammy?
bless them all

cybercat
December 9th 07, 05:14 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro

Does he body slam it? Gracie does that with her poor headless snake. And I
have bought all kinds of new snakes, but this is the only one she loves.

CatNipped[_2_]
December 9th 07, 05:48 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
> On 9 Dec, 16:48, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro
>>
>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/
>
> he has grown so much, he's GORGEOUS!!!!!! and if your house is ever
> burgled by a chewed up feather duster or a stick with some tinsel
> attched to the end, he will be ready to defend you all by the looks of
> things.

ROTFLMAOWTIME! Yep, fer shure!

> who is watching disdainfully in the background? is that sammy?
> bless them all

Yes, that's Sammy - but she's not being disdainful - she' waiting for a
chance to play with Archer (he's her favorite). Archer is only 7.5 pounds,
Sammy is close to 20 pounds - but Archer will run across the floor, leap
into the air, and come down on top of her grabbing her throat in his jaws
(well, ok, maybe it's more like grabbing a little of the 2" long, thick hair
around her neck). Then they go rolling across the floor and chasing each
other up and down the stairs, over furniture, and back again. Sammy, at 3.5
years, still has a LOT of kitten in her.

Ozzy, on the other hand, has a love/fear relation ship with Sammy. He
LUUUUUURRRRRVES her, but he's a bit afraid of her. Yesterday when I was
clipping her claws, Ozzy was right there trying to pull the sock over her
head. Then when we put the halter on her and leashed her to the sofa (the
only furniture she's not strong enough to pull across the floor) to brush
her, Ozzy was there trying to gnaw the leash in two. He wants so bad to be
her hero, but she's just so darn *HUGE* that he is in awe of her! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
December 9th 07, 05:52 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro
>>

> Does he body slam it? Gracie does that with her poor headless snake. And I
> have bought all kinds of new snakes, but this is the only one she loves.

Yep. The funniest thing, though, is when he tries to fit it inside the
"house" on top of their cat tree so he can sleep with it (or guard it while
he sleeps since he doesn't let any other cat near it). He holds it by the
"neck" (the band of plastic that used to hold the feathers on the end),
climbs up the tree with it, but then he can't maneuver it around because the
wand is too long to fit inside. He ends up laying on top of it ,with the
handle end of the wand sticking out, but with his paw on it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

-Lost
December 9th 07, 08:22 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro

"We've bought several similar toys, but this poor denuded toy is her
favorite. It must have sentimental value to him!"

And how do you think Archer would feel with you calling him a "her?"

Gabby's newest toy (purchased last night) is a laser pointer. He
absolutely goes bonkers for this thing. I'd have him blistering down
the hall, fishtailing (and sometimes thudding against the bathroom
door) and speeding back up the hallway, leaping over the dogs onto
the couch, running Matrix-style across the back of the couch
horizontally (not the back, but where the cushions lay up against
it).

Definitely saves a little wear and tear on my arm playing with a
wand.

I would have to say though, Gabby's favorite toy is these jumbo pipe
cleaners (the soft kind, not rough bristles) from the crafts store.
I noticed he ALWAYS steals the bread ties off the counter and plays
with them non-stop, so I figured why not get some huge ones and sure
enough... he'll carry them wherever he goes. If he gets spooked, he
makes sure he snatches them in his mouth before running under the bed
or the baby's playpen.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
December 9th 07, 08:40 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro
>
> "We've bought several similar toys, but this poor denuded toy is her
> favorite. It must have sentimental value to him!"
>
> And how do you think Archer would feel with you calling him a "her?"

Ack! I've got to fix that. I had only female cats for 17 years, so it's
sort of a habit.

> Gabby's newest toy (purchased last night) is a laser pointer. He
> absolutely goes bonkers for this thing. I'd have him blistering down
> the hall, fishtailing (and sometimes thudding against the bathroom
> door) and speeding back up the hallway, leaping over the dogs onto
> the couch, running Matrix-style across the back of the couch
> horizontally (not the back, but where the cushions lay up against
> it).

Wow, how did I forget to tell you about this one when we were discussing how
to get Gabby's to stop biting. It makes a wonderful distraction because
they love it (as you've discovered). Try running the dot up to the edge of
a rug and then suddenly turning it off - they go crazy trying to find out
where the "bug" went to.

> Definitely saves a little wear and tear on my arm playing with a
> wand.
>
> I would have to say though, Gabby's favorite toy is these jumbo pipe
> cleaners (the soft kind, not rough bristles) from the crafts store.
> I noticed he ALWAYS steals the bread ties off the counter and plays
> with them non-stop, so I figured why not get some huge ones and sure
> enough... he'll carry them wherever he goes. If he gets spooked, he
> makes sure he snatches them in his mouth before running under the bed
> or the baby's playpen.

LOL! He may be scared, but he's not stupid! ;> The plastic rings from the
top of milk cartons are usually a hit with them too. But nothing, not a
single thing beats and empty cardboard box!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
December 9th 07, 08:54 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

<snip>

>> Gabby's newest toy (purchased last night) is a laser pointer. He
>> absolutely goes bonkers for this thing. I'd have him blistering
>> down the hall, fishtailing (and sometimes thudding against the
>> bathroom door) and speeding back up the hallway, leaping over the
>> dogs onto the couch, running Matrix-style across the back of the
>> couch horizontally (not the back, but where the cushions lay up
>> against it).
>
> Wow, how did I forget to tell you about this one when we were
> discussing how to get Gabby's to stop biting. It makes a
> wonderful distraction because they love it (as you've discovered).
> Try running the dot up to the edge of a rug and then suddenly
> turning it off - they go crazy trying to find out where the "bug"
> went to.

I've no clue. Heck, you may have told me about it and I just forgot.

I know I mentioned I cannot wait for Gabby's Christmas order to come
in so he could have some more things to occupy his time -- the spouse
walks through the door last night and says, "Here's your savior,
love."

<snip>

> LOL! He may be scared, but he's not stupid! ;> The plastic
> rings from the top of milk cartons are usually a hit with them
> too. But nothing, not a single thing beats and empty cardboard
> box!

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. We play a game with the milk top
rings, but he has managed to run off with a few...

....and yeah, favorite hiding spot since he got here has always been
one of the baby's empty diaper boxes. Now her playpen, and also a
Red Bull case -- only if its half empty.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

bookie
December 10th 07, 12:13 AM
On 9 Dec, 20:54, "-Lost" > wrote:
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> Gabby's newest toy (purchased last night) is a laser pointer. He
> >> absolutely goes bonkers for this thing. I'd have him blistering
> >> down the hall, fishtailing (and sometimes thudding against the
> >> bathroom door) and speeding back up the hallway, leaping over the
> >> dogs onto the couch, running Matrix-style across the back of the
> >> couch horizontally (not the back, but where the cushions lay up
> >> against it).
>
> > Wow, how did I forget to tell you about this one when we were
> > discussing how to get Gabby's to stop biting. It makes a
> > wonderful distraction because they love it (as you've discovered).
> > Try running the dot up to the edge of a rug and then suddenly
> > turning it off - they go crazy trying to find out where the "bug"
> > went to.
>
> I've no clue. Heck, you may have told me about it and I just forgot.
>
> I know I mentioned I cannot wait for Gabby's Christmas order to come
> in so he could have some more things to occupy his time -- the spouse
> walks through the door last night and says, "Here's your savior,
> love."
>
> <snip>
>
> > LOL! He may be scared, but he's not stupid! ;> The plastic
> > rings from the top of milk cartons are usually a hit with them
> > too. But nothing, not a single thing beats and empty cardboard
> > box!
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot about those. We play a game with the milk top
> rings, but he has managed to run off with a few...
>
> ...and yeah, favorite hiding spot since he got here has always been
> one of the baby's empty diaper boxes. Now her playpen, and also a
> Red Bull case -- only if its half empty.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

please just be careful they don't swallow any of these things like
bread bag ties and the like. i didn't a cat could ingest a whole
pyjama bottoms cord but tegan managed to somehow and it took an
operation to remove it, that was not a pleasant christmas at all.

sorry to sound like such a kill joy but accidents do happen

bookie

-Lost
December 10th 07, 03:28 AM
Response to bookie >:

> please just be careful they don't swallow any of these things like
> bread bag ties and the like. i didn't a cat could ingest a whole
> pyjama bottoms cord but tegan managed to somehow and it took an
> operation to remove it, that was not a pleasant christmas at all.
>
> sorry to sound like such a kill joy but accidents do happen

No, no, not at all! It makes perfect sense and experience pays much
better than inexperience.

That's part of why I got these jumbo furry pipe cleaners. I would bet
money on the fact he cannot swallow it. Plus my girls have twisted a
few of them together to make it more bouncy and responsive.

Thanks for the advice.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Sheelagh>\o\
December 10th 07, 03:52 PM
On 9 Dec, 16:48, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3mRn76ro
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

HA HA HA Excellent.
Cats chose the weirdest things to love & play with. Ringo likes to
cart around the feather duster too. It makes him sneeze though!???
Sheelagh >"o"<