PDA

View Full Version : Q on litter boxes

ensoul
December 13th 07, 03:14 AM
what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well

I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things

what do you all use to clean it with?

Lynn

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see.
~Lewis Carroll

Noon Cat Nick
December 13th 07, 03:24 AM
ensoul wrote:

> what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
> capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well
>
> I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
> soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
> purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
> me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things
>
> what do you all use to clean it with?

Dawn. It did such a bang-up job when Leo got nailed by a skunk last
month that it just seemed the el primo thing to use.

jmc
December 13th 07, 12:00 PM
Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (12/13/2007 11:44 AM):
> what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
> capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well
>
> I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
> soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
> purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
> me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things
>
> what do you all use to clean it with?
>
> Lynn
>

> I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see.
> ~Lewis Carroll

I take Meep's outside and use the hose on it, then use an oxy-clean clone.

Which reminds me, I have a weekend project.

jmc

Rene S.
December 13th 07, 03:28 PM
I use either baking soda or Oxiclean.

RPS
December 16th 07, 09:31 AM
ensoul > wrote:

: what do you clean them with?

Confused...If you use a good liner, shouldn't simple washing do?

bookie
December 16th 07, 11:31 AM
On Dec 16, 8:31 am, RPS > wrote:
> ensoul > wrote:
>
> : what do you clean them with?
>
> Confused...If you use a good liner, shouldn't simple washing do?

i've used milton sterilising fluid in the past, not sure if you get
that in the US though. you woudl find it is the baby aisle as it is
normally used for sterilising baby bottles and suchlike which is why i
use it; if it is not going to harm them then maybe it is ok for cats?

thing is, some stuff which is ok and fairly benign to humans can be
really toxic to cats, difficult to know, but i did have a list of
stuff in a book somewhere which is safe to use, just can't find it at
the moment

bookie