PDA

View Full Version : Neutering leaves third testicle? Wait, what?

Brian Link
December 12th 07, 05:03 AM
Our cat Louis was neutered at an early age, as is the custom with
breeders currently, I understand. Six weeks, iirc.

At six years old, he gets very worked up when bedding down at night,
kneading the blankets, and then leaping on any exposed wrist as his
lover.He goes through the motions of mating and then gets a confused
look..

A few weeks ago one my father-in-law told me that it was not unusual
for dogs to undergo neutering, only to exhibit extra testicles or
testicular tissue after the procedure. He lives in a rural area, and
there are lots of dogs & cats making up the local folklore.

Have any of you heard of something like this? If you could see Louis
in his Barry White moments, you'd swear he had some hormones egging
him on. Could that all be instinct?

Anyway, accounts of three-balled cats would be attentively listened
to. This just sounds like an urban (rural) myth to me.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

jmc
December 13th 07, 10:56 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Brian Link exclaimed (12/12/2007 2:33 PM):
> Our cat Louis was neutered at an early age, as is the custom with
> breeders currently, I understand. Six weeks, iirc.
>
> At six years old, he gets very worked up when bedding down at night,
> kneading the blankets, and then leaping on any exposed wrist as his
> lover.He goes through the motions of mating and then gets a confused
> look..
>
> A few weeks ago one my father-in-law told me that it was not unusual
> for dogs to undergo neutering, only to exhibit extra testicles or
> testicular tissue after the procedure. He lives in a rural area, and
> there are lots of dogs & cats making up the local folklore.
>
> Have any of you heard of something like this? If you could see Louis
> in his Barry White moments, you'd swear he had some hormones egging
> him on. Could that all be instinct?
>
> Anyway, accounts of three-balled cats would be attentively listened
> to. This just sounds like an urban (rural) myth to me.
>
> BLink
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Three balls? Unlikely. But a poorly done neutering which left behind
testicular tissue - yea, that's possible.

jmc