PDA

View Full Version : Scientists clone mutant glow-in-the-dark cats

Modemac
December 13th 07, 01:22 PM
http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

Pisces
December 13th 07, 02:56 PM
On Dec 13, 7:22 am, Modemac > wrote:
> http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
>
> That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> --
> The High Weirdness Project
> http://www.modemac.com

awww

how they gonna hunt for bugs in the dark now?

On the positive side, it makes em easier to see and less likely to be
hit by cars.

Pisces
December 13th 07, 02:57 PM
On Dec 13, 7:22 am, Modemac > wrote:
> http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
>
> That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> --
> The High Weirdness Project
> http://www.modemac.com

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/glow-in-the-dark-cats.jpg

Mgr Dry Martini
December 14th 07, 12:36 AM
On 13 Dec, 12:22, Modemac > wrote:
> http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
>
> That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> --
> The High Weirdness Project
> http://www.modemac.com

So SOME cats aren't grey in the dark anymore.

Slime Lowlife
December 15th 07, 11:40 PM
They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
the effect under black light.

In article
Modemac > wrote:

> http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
>
> That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> --
> The High Weirdness Project
> http://www.modemac.com

Tom+Gracie+Jenny
December 21st 07, 01:46 AM
Slime Lowlife > wrote:
> Modemac > wrote:
> >http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
> >
> > That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> > with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
> they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
> the effect under black light.

My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
of my arm.
"Honey, I heard a noise!"

Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"

"How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
you turn them on?"

I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
cats walking around on the furniture.
They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
we see them.

"Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!

Tom the Alien Cat

Father Haskell
December 21st 07, 06:09 AM
On Dec 20, 7:46 pm, "Tom+Gracie+Jenny" > wrote:
> Slime Lowlife > wrote:
> > Modemac > wrote:
> > >http://inventorspot.com/articles/scientists_create_glowinthedark__9191
>
> > > That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
> > > with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.
>
> > They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
> > they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
> > the effect under black light.
>
> My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
> of my arm.
> "Honey, I heard a noise!"
>
> Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"
>
> "How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
> you turn them on?"
>
> I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
> cats walking around on the furniture.
> They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
> we see them.
>
> "Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
> guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!
>
> Tom the Alien Cat

Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
glow red.

Don Stockbauer
December 21st 07, 06:28 AM
On Dec 20, 11:09 pm, Father Haskell > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 7:46 pm, "Tom+Gracie+Jenny" > wrote:
>

> > Slime Lowlife > wrote:

> > > They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
> > > they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
> > > the effect under black light.
>
> > My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
> > of my arm.
> > "Honey, I heard a noise!"
>
> > Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"
>
> > "How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
> > you turn them on?"
>
> > I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
> > cats walking around on the furniture.
> > They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
> > we see them.
>
> > "Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
> > guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!
>
> > Tom the Alien Cat
>
> Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
> glow red.

Glow in the dark cats would be a great boon to me (as if you guys give
a rats ass about me, anyway). You see, sometimes I wake up at night
having to **** real bad and if it's really dark I'll get lost back in
a corner and panic and the urge to pee is so strong that I have to go
right there on the floor and clean it up in the morning when God's
blessed sunlight fills the room. Now, a couple of glow in the dark
cats would helput a whole lot.

- True confessions of a Texas Pecan Rancher (the TPR system).

- I love you all.

- Mongrel dog soils actor's foot.

Father Haskell
December 21st 07, 06:57 AM
On Dec 21, 12:28 am, Don Stockbauer > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 11:09 pm, Father Haskell > wrote:

> > > My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
> > > of my arm.
> > > "Honey, I heard a noise!"
>
> > > Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"
>
> > > "How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
> > > you turn them on?"
>
> > > I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
> > > cats walking around on the furniture.
> > > They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
> > > we see them.
>
> > > "Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
> > > guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!
>
> > > Tom the Alien Cat
>
> > Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
> > glow red.
>
> Glow in the dark cats would be a great boon to me (as if you guys give
> a rats ass about me, anyway). You see, sometimes I wake up at night
> having to **** real bad and if it's really dark I'll get lost back in
> a corner and panic and the urge to pee is so strong that I have to go
> right there on the floor and clean it up in the morning when God's
> blessed sunlight fills the room. Now, a couple of glow in the dark
> cats would helput a whole lot.

For that, you want seeing eye cats.

Bill Marcum
December 21st 07, 07:18 AM
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.fan.furry.]
On 2007-12-21, Father Haskell > wrote:

> On Dec 21, 12:28 am, Don Stockbauer > wrote:

>> > Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
>> > glow red.
>>
>> Glow in the dark cats would be a great boon to me (as if you guys give
>> a rats ass about me, anyway). You see, sometimes I wake up at night
>> having to **** real bad and if it's really dark I'll get lost back in
>> a corner and panic and the urge to pee is so strong that I have to go
>> right there on the floor and clean it up in the morning when God's
>> blessed sunlight fills the room. Now, a couple of glow in the dark
>> cats would helput a whole lot.
>
> For that, you want seeing eye cats.

Or a glow in the dark toilet.