PDA

View Full Version : Recommend minimal tracking clumping cat litter.

Flycaster
December 14th 07, 01:06 PM
Been using Tidy Cat cat litter (both regular and for closed spaces).
Works fine, but as far as cat's acceptance and clumping; however, still
getting a fair amount of tracking into the house. So, what can you guys
suggest for a clumping type litter that has real minimal tracking
characteristics? Thanks.
--
To email, erase "forgetit"

Rene S.
December 14th 07, 02:11 PM
On Dec 14, 7:06 am, Flycaster > wrote:
> Been using Tidy Cat cat litter (both regular and for closed spaces).
> Works fine, but as far as cat's acceptance and clumping; however, still
> getting a fair amount of tracking into the house. So, what can you guys
> suggest for a clumping type litter that has real minimal tracking
> characteristics? Thanks.
> --
> To email, erase "forgetit"

Unfortunately, most of the fine-textured clumping litters will track.
Some really good litters (for clumping) are Everclean and World's Best
Cat Litter. They will still track some, but are a little better than
Tidy Cat. I've found a scrap of shag carpet in front of the box really
helps cut down on the tracking.

cybercat
December 14th 07, 02:45 PM
"Flycaster" > wrote in message
> Been using Tidy Cat cat litter (both regular and for closed spaces). Works
> fine, but as far as cat's acceptance and clumping; however, still getting
> a fair amount of tracking into the house. So, what can you guys suggest
> for a clumping type litter that has real minimal tracking characteristics?
> Thanks.

I wouldn't mess with my cat's litter if she goes in her box and is content.
I got a large mat for under the box that is designed to prevent tracking.
And I keep cardboard scratchers nearby. Gracie's routine is to go
to the scratcher after using the box. (They are so routine oriented, if
you can get them started on something, they won't stop. This is also
why you don't want to inspire them to any bad habits.)

Rene S.
December 14th 07, 03:56 PM
> I wouldn't mess with my cat's litter if she goes in her box and is content.
> I got a large mat for under the box that is designed to prevent tracking.
> And I keep cardboard scratchers nearby. Gracie's routine is to go
> to the scratcher after using the box. (They are so routine oriented, if
> you can get them started on something, they won't stop. This is also
> why you don't want to inspire them to any bad habits.)

If you'd like to switch litters, do so gradually. Add a little bit to
the old litter and mix in, adding a little more each week. If your cat
starts to avoid the box while you are switching, go back to your old
litter. I've never had a problem switching litters as long as I've
done it gradually, but every cat is different.